Conquer Club

Mongol Empire Map [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby hulmey on Wed May 09, 2007 5:58 pm

your border lines are darker in some places than other places!!! For example your himalyas bottom stands out and is very dark compared to other border lines...Whats the reason for this?
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

well

Postby SolidWolf34 on Wed May 09, 2007 6:05 pm

well it takes time to build a map.. but with the right people , right help, and right support, and the right tools and the right palce with the right time and the right corner, you should be fiun.
Major SolidWolf34

Location: {I Suggest You Go Cut Squid and Take Them to Bed with You}

Postby snufkin on Wed May 09, 2007 6:12 pm

Do you have different opacity on the name shadows for the large and small maps?

The small map looks brighter around the names making it harder to read than if you had just scaled down the large map.

I suspect most people play the small maps so isn´t that version more important than the large.. ?
Sergeant 1st Class snufkin

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 09, 2007 6:27 pm

snufkin wrote:Do you have different opacity on the name shadows for the large and small maps?

The small map looks brighter around the names making it harder to read than if you had just scaled down the large map.

I suspect most people play the small maps so isn´t that version more important than the large.. ?

I do, but that was a change implemented at Andy's request to brighten the names on the small map. It isn't opacity, it is less shadow as the shadow on the small map made them look muddy and un-readable. Does anyone else think this is a problem? If you go back to page 20ish (maybe) there should be a version more shadow so you can see the problem.

And as for the borders, I know I'm a stickler for this in other maps but i quite honestly cannot see any difference in darkness. Perhaps it is the colour of the continent and unplayable land making it seem slightly different? There's no real reason for it to be any other darkness as all the borders were drawn with the same brush at the same time and have the same filters and effects applied. Anyone else have issues with the borders?

*** Damn, one thing I have just noticed is the outline of the bonus number circles has gone massive. I'll deal with that next update, but the positions of the army circles won't change if johloh wants to tweak the XML (if not I'll have a go but I'm not making promises :))
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Re: well

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 09, 2007 6:27 pm

SolidWolf34 wrote:well it takes time to build a map.. but with the right people , right help, and right support, and the right tools and the right palce with the right time and the right corner, you should be fiun.

:?: :?: :?:
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby hulmey on Thu May 10, 2007 12:29 pm

ok Guiscard i have circled for you in RED the borders that seem to be more Bold than other borders. There are others which are slightly different as well

Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Wisse on Thu May 10, 2007 1:45 pm

hulmey wrote:ok Guiscard i have circled for you in RED the borders that seem to be more Bold than other borders. There are others which are slightly different as well

i zoomed in and find 2 of the same darkness:
between uzbeg and yenisei
between uigur and kashgar
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Guiscard on Thu May 10, 2007 3:33 pm

hulmey wrote:ok Guiscard i have circled for you in RED the borders that seem to be more Bold than other borders. There are others which are slightly different as well

OK there's no need to get uptight about it. I'll take a look and lighten them, although I can only really see a difference in Kara Yusuf. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

Postby hulmey on Thu May 10, 2007 3:59 pm

no ones getting up tight Guiscard. The foundry process is working :wink:
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby johloh on Thu May 10, 2007 4:07 pm

guiscard, i can do the new code...ill get it done in the next few days.
my new site - http://www.spritestitch.com/ - A video game craft weblog...
Major johloh

Postby KEYOGI on Thu May 10, 2007 4:09 pm

The Kara Yusuf/Baghdad/Khurasan area is obvious, but I'm not picking up the other ones... except maybe Kirman. Crimea seems to have a little bit missing out of the border a few pixels over from the C. I don't see any problems with the borders in the two Khanates though.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Guiscard on Thu May 10, 2007 4:14 pm

KEYOGI wrote:The Kara Yusuf/Baghdad/Khurasan area is obvious, but I'm not picking up the other ones... except maybe Kirman. Crimea seems to have a little bit missing out of the border a few pixels over from the C. I don't see any problems with the borders in the two Khanates though.

I think it may have been a missed bit of blur over there as I changed those borders later on... Crimea may be because of the shadow from the label, but I'll thicken that little bit anyway. I think the Himalayas one is a little uneven, but like you I can't see anything different with the khanate borders. I'll try, but if it looks too light I'm not gonna make the changes there. Will sort out the others in the next update though.

Whilst we're at it, has anyone else got any comments before I make some more tweaks?

Joloh, thanks again for the XML. No rush whatsoever (and congrats on getting SF up for play!) :D

Postby for dummies on Sat May 12, 2007 4:35 pm

bump
viperbitex wrote: what the f*ck were the dinosaurs all about?? Did G-Dog wear his silly pants one day 10 million years ago and make them??
Corporal for dummies

Postby Wisse on Sat May 12, 2007 4:39 pm

for dummies wrote:bump

no need for bumping someone else topic without reason...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Guiscard on Sat May 12, 2007 5:09 pm

Just wanted to give it a couple days to see if people had any other comments before I do an update - I'd rather deal with a few things in one update than each individually in loads of little updates.

Postby snufkin on Sat May 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Guiscard wrote:
snufkin wrote:Do you have different opacity on the name shadows for the large and small maps?

It isn't opacity, it is less shadow as the shadow on the small map made them look muddy and un-readable. Does anyone else think this is a problem?

Just realised that the large map is small enough.. I´ll just pretend it´s the small one.. problem gone as far as I´m concerned.
Sergeant 1st Class snufkin

Postby Lone.prophet on Sun May 13, 2007 5:08 am

your desert look worst than my borders man just make a border around it
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby Guiscard on Sun May 13, 2007 12:05 pm

Lone.prophet wrote:your desert look worst than my borders man just make a border around it

Lone just drop it please. Don't bring problems from other threads into this one. The desert issue has been resolved already.

Postby Lone.prophet on Sun May 13, 2007 2:43 pm

what you desert look shit put border around it is all i said
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby Guiscard on Sun May 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Lone.prophet wrote:what you desert look shit put border around it is all i said

And I said the issue has been resolved, so please drop it. We can't all have what we want and in this case I went with the majority. I've explained it already in more detailed posts, so you can either read them and stop whining or else PM Andy and make a complaint. Your choice. I just don't want my thread clogged up with the same argumentative crap we have elsewhere.

Postby hulmey on Sun May 13, 2007 3:44 pm

he has a point though, the desert does look bad
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Guiscard on Sun May 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Guiscard wrote:And I said the issue has been resolved, so please drop it. We can't all have what we want and in this case I went with the majority. I've explained it already in more detailed posts, so you can either read them and stop whining or else PM Andy and make a complaint. Your choice. I just don't want my thread clogged up with the same argumentative crap we have elsewhere.

Same to you as well Hulmey.

Postby hulmey on Sun May 13, 2007 3:48 pm

hehehe - just lpayin around with Guiscard x
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby The1exile on Mon May 14, 2007 8:28 am

Are we just waiting for the XML?
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Guiscard on Mon May 14, 2007 10:10 am

The1exile wrote:Are we just waiting for the XML?

Yeh (but no rush Johloh :D ) - And also I've got a minor update to make to fix the borders of the bonus numbers in the small map.

Just wanted to give people time to comment on any other little niggles before I do another update. But its looking good so far...

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas