Bamboo Jack (Thai POW Railway) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Bamboo Jack (Thai POW Railway) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:41 am

Bamboo Jack

aka: Bridge On The River Kwai or The Thai-Burma POW Railway

Version 28 Small
Image

Version V28 Large
Click image to enlarge.
image


show: Small 88s and 888s



The following poem is the prelude to this new map below in its infancy.
Please read the poem as background to the map. I'd like to include the poem in the map but space does not allow it.

Image

Concept.
This new version 5 map is a combination of style of attack. It uses the rivers as borders between terrs rather than impassables.
While it is very linear i.e. upa dna down, there are attached POW camps to the rail sections plus a bridge to conquer for bonuses.

Conquer the entire map for a win.

Original Version 1.
Image
Last edited by cairnswk on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 46 times in total.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby dominationnation on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:17 am

I like it. Can you capture the bridge for a win? On the map it says you can but above it it says that you need to capture everything to win?
Cook dominationnation
 
Posts: 4234
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:20 am

Postby cena-rules on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:24 am

dominationnation wrote:I like it. Can you capture the bridge for a win? On the map it says you can but above it it says that you need to capture everything to win?


That is what I was wondering.

I like the map but the tree on the right makes the map seem cramped
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
User avatar
Lieutenant cena-rules
 
Posts: 9789
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:27 am
Location: Chat
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:29 am

cena-rules wrote:
dominationnation wrote:I like it. Can you capture the bridge for a win? On the map it says you can but above it it says that you need to capture everything to win?


That is what I was wondering.

I like the map but the tree on the right makes the map seem cramped


this is true cairns there not really doing an justice to the map. These graphics are as good as your usually standard cairns, maybe i should giver you that sherbet back :wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby tim02 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:40 am

I agree about the tree, just you definitly have to add more to the borders
User avatar
Colonel tim02
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:51 pm
Location: Vancouver
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby tim02 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:42 am

how do you have the time to make all these maps
User avatar
Colonel tim02
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:51 pm
Location: Vancouver
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:44 am

tim02 wrote:how do you have the time to make all these maps


hes says hes full of creative energy. I just think he eats to much sherbert
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby tim02 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:51 am

well put
User avatar
Colonel tim02
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:51 pm
Location: Vancouver
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:53 am

dominationnation wrote:I like it. Can you capture the bridge for a win? On the map it says you can but above it it says that you need to capture everything to win?

Hi dominannation....just changed the objective on the map. u need everything to win including the bridge on the river kwai.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:58 am

gimil wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
dominationnation wrote:I like it. Can you capture the bridge for a win? On the map it says you can but above it it says that you need to capture everything to win?


That is what I was wondering.

I like the map but the tree on the right makes the map seem cramped


this is true cairns there not really doing an justice to the map. These graphics are as good as your usually standard cairns, maybe i should giver you that sherbet back :wink:


gimil....(i see you've stolen all the sherbert)....don't u mean that the graphics aren't as good as my usual standard...to which i can reply this is just a preliminary map and concept, and i wanted to see what the reaction would be like; i have to convert all those bodies in the river to rocks, and tidy up the trees. i am so sorry that i let u down with the standards. :cry: OMG get over it please.! :wink:
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:00 pm

cairnswk wrote:
gimil wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
dominationnation wrote:I like it. Can you capture the bridge for a win? On the map it says you can but above it it says that you need to capture everything to win?


That is what I was wondering.

I like the map but the tree on the right makes the map seem cramped


this is true cairns there not really doing an justice to the map. These graphics are as good as your usually standard cairns, maybe i should giver you that sherbet back :wink:


gimil....(i see you've stolen all the sherbert)....don't u mean that the graphics aren't as good as my usual standard...to which i can reply this is just a preliminary map and concept, and i wanted to see what the reaction would be like; i have to convert all those bodies in the river to rocks, and tidy up the trees. i am so sorry that i let u down with the standards. :cry: OMG get over it please.! :wink:


cairns im sorry and here

**hands back all the sherbert**

ps. i have every faith you'll wow me this this map like the others
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:07 pm

gimil wrote:cairns im sorry and here

**hands back all the sherbert**

ps. i have every faith you'll wow me this this map like the others


OK...gimil....nice joke, but please can we stop all the sherbert business, and get back to topic, in this thread and every other one. I told you before, creative energy is my "juice". This map is yet another graphic challenge.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:16 pm

tim02 wrote:I agree about the tree, just you definitly have to add more to the borders

Thanks tim02 for commenting....all the graphics are "up for grabs" and the borders will be attended to, don't worry.
as for how i find the time...i just do, if you're into computer graphics and drawing, you'll make the time....it's all a challenge.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby onbekende on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:53 pm

EVIL DUTCH
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:19 am
Location: Belgium
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:55 pm

onbekende wrote:EVIL DUTCH
?????
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Next

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: random21 and 1 guest

Login