Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Magic [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby jennifermarie on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:05 pm

i like the way the rhit dock is done...not too sure about the boat though...too small and it looks like a chunk of ice instead of a boat. The rest of it looks really good :D
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:06 pm

That's what the shields are for rebel...
Sergeant Coleman

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Coleman wrote:I'm not opposed to having it on the large map and removing a bit of that detail on the small map.

mibi fought pretty hard to keep his ducks though on Siege and I can't really tell that's what they are on the small map at all.

what ducks ???

/me heads off to look at the siege map and thinks it must be those sneaky invisible ducks have been preventing me from winning on it
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Coleman wrote:That's what the shields are for rebel...
:lol:
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Coleman wrote:That's what the shields are for rebel...

very true was not looking at the map when i made my last post
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 pm

rebelman wrote:
Coleman wrote:I'm not opposed to having it on the large map and removing a bit of that detail on the small map.

mibi fought pretty hard to keep his ducks though on Siege and I can't really tell that's what they are on the small map at all.

what ducks ???

/me heads off to look at the siege map and thinks it must be those sneaky invisible ducks have been preventing me from winning on it

In the lake at the top of the river... evil dice ruining ducks!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:36 pm

i guess coleman is right. the broken rhit bridge can stay on the large map and can be deleted on the small. i will also add various ships across the water for the large version and possibly remove them in the small.

any other concerns?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:22 pm

yeti_c wrote:

C.

found them and i am certain now they are the cause of my brutal results on that map :evil:
Private rebelman

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:48 pm

rebelman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

found them and i am certain now they are the cause of my brutal results on that map :evil:

hey enough about ducks. or i'll personally go and shoot them. let's focus on the map here.

so all i got to do now is take care of some little ships on the seas and new shields. give me something else before i start the small map.

also i'd like to talk about the starting neutrals.
the ones in the previous chapter are the starting base but some modifications are needed especially for the zones that now have new borders (the ice bridge borders)

also ieme will be 5 and rhit will be 3.
anything else? suggestions for rongar croch voigth and g'th...??

i say
5 rongar, g'th and voigth
3 for croch
also the terits in the sanctuary should have 5 each?
and the sanctuary 100??
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:52 pm

DiM wrote:any other concerns?

global warming

ongoing political unrest in Pakistan

the problems in the Middle East

the price of petrol and the cost of living in general

people living in consistent poverty

although I don't think these need to be addressed for this to be final forged.
Private rebelman

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:55 pm

rebelman wrote:
DiM wrote:any other concerns?

global warming

ongoing political unrest in Pakistan

the problems in the Middle East

the price of petrol and the cost of living in general

people living in consistent poverty

although I don't think these need to be addressed for this to be final forged.

yeah :lol:
it would be nice if those were solved :)
but really i'm at work no so i can't do any graphic updates but i can talk about the gameplay. mainly the neutrals.

what does everybody think?

ieme will be 5 and rhit will be 3
3 for croch
and the sanctuary 100??
everything else stays the same as chapter 1.
Major DiM

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:59 pm

DiM wrote:
the ones in the previous chapter are the starting base but some modifications are needed especially for the zones that now have new borders (the ice bridge borders)

i say
3 for croch
and the sanctuary 100??

u'rl and g'th need to be higher as they in effect guard access to the sanctuary

I'm thinking because of the bonuses 100 is relatively low for the sanctuary (although im judging this in chapter 1 terms) but if one was playing unlimited esc. on this map it would not take that long to get up to 90 / 100 army deployments
Private rebelman

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:10 pm

rebelman wrote:
DiM wrote:

i say
3 for croch
and the sanctuary 100??

u'rl and g'th need to be higher as they in effect guard access to the sanctuary

I'm thinking because of the bonuses 100 is relatively low for the sanctuary (although im judging this in chapter 1 terms) but if one was playing unlimited esc. on this map it would not take that long to get up to 90 / 100 army deployments

if we're talking about escalating then if a guy gets to cash in so many troops to kill the 100 neutrals then it means the other people are also in the position of cashing in at least that many troops and they can go and kill the first guy. remember he has to kill the 100 neutrals and hold the sanctuary for a full turn. that's why it really doesn't matter if u'rl and g'th are 5 or 10 or whatever. i say 5 is a fine number because if you come to take and hold the sanctuary you come with at least 200 troops so 5 extra won't matter that much. if you come with less than that then you wither won't kill the 100 neutrals or you won't be able to hold it.
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:09 pm

i just spent like 5 mins reading from page 3 (where i last was yesterday) to page 10 lol, youve been busy today!

my suggestion: if this is considerably later in time than CH 1, maybe you could add on to the castles since they would expand. or better yet, make like a suburb around the castles showing that they expanded past their walls like what would happen.

then maybe add a little red orange and some light to show camp fires and that some one is alive in the castles lol and the villas too
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Herakilla wrote:i just spent like 5 mins reading from page 3 (where i last was yesterday) to page 10 lol, youve been busy today!

my suggestion: if this is considerably later in time than CH 1, maybe you could add on to the castles since they would expand. or better yet, make like a suburb around the castles showing that they expanded past their walls like what would happen.

then maybe add a little red orange and some light to show camp fires and that some one is alive in the castles lol and the villas too

i like the camp fires they would look neat on the snow. i think i may add some camps and carts with fires and wagons at crossroads to represent merchants. and i could even add some houses near the villages.

nice ideas, but as i said i'm at work and i can't do anything graphic. i want gameplay feedback.
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:43 pm

oh gameplay? in my opinion it is at or is close to being what you could want. assuming of course that you want people to exnd and actually build empires

the only thing is, in no card games and flat rate it will be considerably easier to just kill other players lol im not sure how you can fix that short of making neutrals between players very high
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Blueneutron on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:45 pm

DiM wrote:things that need discussion:

4. are the wheat and corn resources realistic? should i change them? if i should, then to what?

You should make the Wheat and Corn something winter oriented, like Fur and Oil, or Elk and Reindeer. Berries and baskets are lame.
Sergeant Blueneutron

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:02 pm

Blueneutron wrote:
DiM wrote:things that need discussion:

4. are the wheat and corn resources realistic? should i change them? if i should, then to what?

You should make the Wheat and Corn something winter oriented, like Fur and Oil, or Elk and Reindeer. Berries and baskets are lame.

well the problem is that reindeer and elks don't appear out of nowhere. this used to be a calm moderate weather land before the ice spell. so they have the same animals as before. elks can't suddely barge in the land :)

as for oil, hmm... the time is let's say middle ages. oil wasn't important back then.
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:03 pm

are you kidding me dim? oil lamps were all teh rage back then!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:07 pm

Herakilla wrote:oh gameplay? in my opinion it is at or is close to being what you could want. assuming of course that you want people to exnd and actually build empires

the only thing is, in no card games and flat rate it will be considerably easier to just kill other players lol im not sure how you can fix that short of making neutrals between players very high

actually if you know how to expand, the bonuses can gather quite a lot even in no cards games.

imagine having a castle 2 villages and a resource pair. really easy to get them. it will add up to 17 troops per turn:
3 for castle
3 for # of terits
3 for castle + resource pair
2 for castle and 2 villages
6 for 2 villages + resource pair.

if you go even further and get another village then you have another 4 troops. that's 21 troops each turn. with that kind of bonus getting a big army to kill the sanctuary is not that hard.

imagine if you manage to kill an opponent and get his castle and resources. you'd get almost 40 troops per turn.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 pm

Herakilla wrote:are you kidding me dim? oil lamps were all teh rage back then!

but it wasn't the oil from now. it was made from animal grease or plants. :wink:
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:35 pm

it is still oil no matter how you look at it
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:41 pm

Herakilla wrote:it is still oil no matter how you look at it

not realy, i would not want saudi oil on my salad but i do love olive oil.

vegetable and animal oils were used because those are less flammable and only the wick burns. put some gasoline and you no longer have a light source but a bomb :roll:
Major DiM

Postby Coleman on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:25 am

I really think it should be 50 neutrals on the Sanctuary and not 100.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:26 am

gameplay wise....

id say the numbers u have look reasonable, i know within a matter of rounds 5- 6 in a 2 player or 3 player match u can be deploying at almost 40-60 troops, so the neuts seem fine..

question in assasin, can u take the sanctuary ftw still?
Lieutenant lord voldemort

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas