Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Teya on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:17 pm

I think country names should be in english, But agree that the army groups needs to be changed back.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:57 pm

Andy wrote
I think the vote was more specifically dealing with the country names. You can see if people would like the german army names in replace of the english, as it would perhaps be more accurate.
I understand these, but if i must change to be accurate, I must change and others names.
People wote for "English name for English site" and i must work in these way.
Andy if i all things for my map put to wote, these could drag quite long, and i dont more work in language problem.
These problem for me its over.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Haha, it's true you don't have to put everything to vote qwert.

The country names are fine in English, you did fine changing them to how people wanted.

The names of 'Army group' aren't appealing, that's why they prefered the other names. I don't think there would be any upheaval if you changed the legend names back to german, as they are then accurately representing everything better than 'army group'

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:10 pm

Andy i try to change wote in my europe map but these dont work. I wont to put for my 4 version to wote. ITs wery difficulty to count people wote.

:shock: Change,Change i want to change the world :cry: :D
Its fun to change :lol:

Ps
(Can i put in legend original russian names)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:36 pm

I think allowing the names in the legend to be in their respective languages is fine. I'd like to see that.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:15 pm

I would too.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:43 pm

andy wrote
I think allowing the names in the legend to be in their respective languages is fine. I'd like to see that.

reverend kyle wrote
I would too.

ok here maps with legend in German and Russian language, extra bonus is in english.

have many picture i can post in Imageshack?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:49 pm

Great job qwert. I like how the map is progressing. Keep up the good work!

One minor amendment. I think the extra bonus should read something like "Hold all red star territories". That makes more sense grammatically speaking.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:48 pm

have many picture i can post in Imageshack?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby cowshrptrn on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:18 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Great job qwert. I like how the map is progressing. Keep up the good work!

One minor amendment. I think the extra bonus should read something like "Hold all red star territories". That makes more sense grammatically speaking.

sounds better if you say

bonus:
Hold all three starred territories
Private cowshrptrn

Postby Wisse on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:51 pm

qwert wrote:have many picture i can post in Imageshack?

its how many pictures can upload ;)
you can upload unlimmetid pictures :P
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 pm

tanks wisse so much
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:33 pm

How can I pronounce those Russian areas names to communicate with my partners? How can I type it in that alphabet? C'mon, foreign names are ok, but lets use same alphabet, dont you think?

And lets think about the areas:
German:
1) 5 countries, 2 borders - 2
2) 7 countries, 3 borders - 5
3) 7 countries, 4 borders - 6
Total) 19 countries, 6 borders - 13

Russian:
1) 7 countries, 3 borders - 4
2) 10 countries, 4 borders - 8
3) 8 countries, 3 borders - 5
Total) 25 countries, 6 borders - 20 (including stars)

Some questions, tell us what you think about this:
1st - 44 territories really? Dont you want adjust to 42, or 45, or another number thats easier divided?
2nd - You will really maintain Russian area so much more territories and bonuses? Wouldnt be more interesting if both were more balanced?

Well, anyway, even if you dont want redesign any continents, like join some in Russian Central and split Minsk, Kiev or Parakop... well some bonuses are just crazy... usually too high... or is this on purpose?
Major Marvaddin

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 am

Marvaddin wrote:How can I pronounce those Russian areas names to communicate with my partners? How can I type it in that alphabet? C'mon, foreign names are ok, but lets use same alphabet, dont you think?

German:

Russian:

1st - 44 territories really? Dont you want adjust to 42, or 45, or another number thats easier divided?
2nd - You will really maintain Russian area so much more territories and bonuses? Wouldnt be more interesting if both were more balanced?

Well, anyway, even if you dont want redesign any continents, like join some in Russian Central and split Minsk, Kiev or Parakop... well some bonuses are just crazy... usually too high... or is this on purpose?

I think he was meaning americanized russian names.. using this alphabet.

I could be wrong
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby RundyMC on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:11 am

Serbian!
Private 1st Class RundyMC

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:42 am

Marvaddin wrote:
How can I pronounce those Russian areas names to communicate with my partners? How can I type it in that alphabet? C'mon, foreign names are ok, but lets use same alphabet, dont you think?

German:

Russian:

Let see
1.Andy and Reverend kyle wrote to see maps whit legend in russian and german names ,nothing else , if you go litle back you will see map all in english.
2.bonuses its good balances firs you must take 10 teritory then got 8,easy its take 5 teritory.
3. Way you split in two area, in game you dont know from where you start and these game not create only for triples. You can hold Heeresgruppe Nord and 3 stars and take bonus 5. Its not easy like you say.
4. I dont think 44 teritory problem for divided.
44-3 player each player 14 teritory 2 neutral
44-4 player each player 11 teritory 0 neutral
44-5 player each player 8 teritory 4 neutral
44- 6 player each player 7 teritory 2 neutral
Its not many neutral only in 5 players
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby socralynnek on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:58 am

Heeresgruppe Sud is wrong spelled.

It's Süd with those two dots on the u (Umlaut) Your graphics program should handle that.
Corporal 1st Class socralynnek

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:12 am

A suggestion. Maybe for those people who are finding it difficult to comprehend the Cyrillic alphabet you could translate the name using the Latin alphabet and included it in small brackets beneath the Cyrillic name.

For example MOCKBA (Moskva). This way you will keep the prominence on the Cyrillic alphabet and enable others to communicate better through the game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:36 am

You people dont understand - andy and reverend kyle just want to see map with german and russian names in legend! look back and you will se map in english name, have many time i must repeat.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby socralynnek on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:07 am

hmmm, the Sud - Süd thing was also there in older versions as I just seen.
Corporal 1st Class socralynnek

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:18 am

booooooo! wrong socralynnek. the version in english in page 8.
But if you can go back here now.

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby happysadfun on Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:24 am

Reuben Cassar wrote:A suggestion. Maybe for those people who are finding it difficult to comprehend the Cyrillic alphabet you could translate the name using the Latin alphabet and included it in small brackets beneath the Cyrillic name.

For example MOCKBA (Moskva). This way you will keep the prominence on the Cyrillic alphabet and enable others to communicate better through the game.

L'duh. Of course he meant translit. I voted serbian under the impression it would be translit, in the latin-western alphabet. Most people probably thought "Oh, I can't read Cyrillic. I'll vote English." It wasn't clear enough.
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Rope. Tree. Hillary. Some assembly required.
Cadet happysadfun

Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Postby Marvaddin on Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:53 am

Ok. :)

About the german continent names, there arent others we could use? Like 13rd Division or something? I dont really know if there is something to use but "Army Group" is a bit strange, isnt is?

About 44 territories, no problem, I was just checking if it was on purpose. But the bonuses are really really high.
My opinion:
German:
North 2 (or 3), Center 4 (its equal to Russian North, so...), South 5 (but not more - wouldnt be strange a region with only 7 countries having a bonus of 6?)
Russian:
North 4, Center 6, South 5.

About the way to split...
1st for historical accuracy, that I really dont know well, but were Russians so stronger in that area?
2nd for visual: look at the russian central area, it looks crowded, Voronezh has its name almost totally over other territories, others use a much smaller font (and it occurs wrongly in other areas... why is Riga name smaller?)... At other hand, look how much wasted space in Kiev, Minsk, Riga and Parakop. Dont you think another way to divide the countries (maybe slightly different) could solve this problem? Or maybe just remove some countries...

Something that is confusing, I think. Some German to Russian borders have arrows, and others, like polotsk to Minsk have nothing. Its strange, couldnt we follow only one pattern? People can understand as unpassable those black borders, since we have arrows in the continent (I think they are needed about the islands, but there???)

And I agree about adjust the legend about the stars bonus.
Major Marvaddin

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:10 pm

Reply to Marvadin
1.Heeresgruppe- Army Group its english translation. what you dont understand.
Army group center-subordinated armies
9th Army, 3rd Panzer Army, 4th Panzer Army, 4th Army, 2nd Panzer Army, 2nd Army
If you can see these army group got almost 100 division.
history over 2500000 soldier in 3 army group. 26 army groups have germans in ww2.

yes germans atak stalingrad and capture 80% of city, take Leningrad circle, and every can made with Moscov its stop 19 mile of capital.

You dont read everything i write these, arows its atack over umpasabile borders. i put arows to island but people say that no need.

Bonuses i write back and i dont write explain again.

all bigest battle its hepend in these areas,Leningrad Stalingrad and Moscov.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:43 am

Well, well...

Ok, so divisions wouldnt help... But like people said, Army Group isnt appealing. Maybe return back to the German names, or... hmm, how did you said is called German army? Maybe we could have <German Army name> North, Center and South.

Looks like you really dont want change your country dispersion... ok, fine, but dont you think that the Moscow area is too crowded? But we can solve this without change countries, just changing some borders... You could give Mozhaisk some Tula land, and give Voronezh some land from Kursk and Belgorod, and exchange some land of Orel and Kursk. And as a comment for almost all areas, you still need adjust the size of the names, so they will fit better. Like I said, Riga's name that small is ridiculous. Put the names bigger when there are room for it (only dont make them tooooo big :wink: )

About the arrows, I know why they are there, what Im talking about is, isnt it confusing? Over a river, those double arrows thaaaat big... to just make sure you can cross the river? I think the arrows can take so many attention of a noob player that he can even doubt you can attack Gomel from Smolensk. Its a war map, and the single areas showing some "movement" between German and Russian are the ones with arrows. So, Im suggesting you to change the arrows to a simple bridge.

About the bonuses... well, looks like you like to compare your map to others, so, here I go.
Classic map (most beloved one, although you can find this in other maps)
South America, 4 countries, 2 borders > bonus 2
Africa, 6 countries, 3 borders > bonus 3
Asia, 12 countries, 5 borders > bonus 7

Your map:
German North, 5 countries, 2 borders > bonus 2
German Center, 7 countries, 3 borders > bonus 5
Russian Center, 10 countries, 4 borders (easily reduced to 3 by taking Smolensk) > bonus 8

I read all the thread today to make sure there is no reason to this. Many people mentioned bonuses already as a problem, some of them "an passant". But Im sure this deserves a revision and your map wont be quenched without it. Of course you are trying to adjust bonuses to how difficult is take a continent, but in general lines, the 2 is too low, and the others are too high. And this?
German Center: 7 countries, 3 borders > bonus 5
Leningrad area: 7 countries, 3 borders > bonus 4 :?

The compass, like suggested before, I think it should be something more war related. And, the stars legend has an error... "teritory". And, Im not the best person to correct that, but I think that text about the stars in the legend needs to be completely changed.

I hope this can be more helpfull. Looks like we were having some communication problems, since you, like me, are not too good with English
Major Marvaddin

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas