Conquer Club

raise waiting games from 100 to 200

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

raise waiting games from 100 to 200

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:39 am

Hello

it's simple suggestion:

i wanted to join new game, my waiting number was [99-100] and was prevented.. so forced to delete some games..

i think we should be allowed to get [200] for waiting..

the reason it's fair & realistic, a lot of people already used to play 150-200 active games.. for sure, priority not creating games which aren't filled, but there are a lot of maps, and u wish to play a lot POLY games, escalating 10+12 games, clan war games, tournaments, let a lot people are loyal to this site because of a LOT of amazing maps... and u know speed games aren't filled quickly these days (unlike 5-6 years ago) .. this should be very important for people who would like to stay hours of playing and taking different TYPE of turns and maps.

best regards.
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Re: raise waiting games from 100 to 200

Postby knife17 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:57 am

100% in agreement. I play numerous 12 player's games and they sometimes take days/weeks to fill.

Why are there limits for premium members anyway ?

At some point I had to choose between joining a tournament or staying in a waiting game that was almost full.

:(
Colonel knife17

Postby shoop76 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:38 am

Kaiser_Tottenham wrote:Hello

it's simple suggestion:

i wanted to join new game, my waiting number was [99-100] and was prevented.. so forced to delete some games..

i think we should be allowed to get [200] for waiting..

the reason it's fair & realistic, a lot of people already used to play 150-200 active games.. for sure, priority not creating games which aren't filled, but there are a lot of maps, and u wish to play a lot POLY games, escalating 10+12 games, clan war games, tournaments, let a lot people are loyal to this site because of a LOT of amazing maps... and u know speed games aren't filled quickly these days (unlike 5-6 years ago) .. this should be very important for people who would like to stay hours of playing and taking different TYPE of turns and maps.

best regards.

+1
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:58 am

easily done and no reason to not be
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby conquerhero on Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:39 pm

Definitely agree. Why should there be a limit for premium players? Change!
Major conquerhero

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:36 pm

I think this is a great discussion! Let's think about this from a different perspective: Having a waiting game maximum limit makes sure that a few select players don't join all of the waiting games. The waiting game limit allows for a greater number of players to play unique players they may not have played before.

What are all of your thoughts?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:40 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Having a waiting game maximum limit makes sure that a few select players don't join all of the waiting games.

why is that an issue?

if anything it just forces people to create more games which surely isnt a bad thing.

pantry fills up all the old games with the same players anyway.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:53 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:I think this is a great discussion! Let's think about this from a different perspective: Having a waiting game maximum limit makes sure that a few select players don't join all of the waiting games. The waiting game limit allows for a greater number of players to play unique players they may not have played before.

What are all of your thoughts?

I understood the idea of limit despite ‘premium’ .. but this waiting limit could decrease the amount of games being created while there are many need to be filled.. but in other hand, this limit prevent players from ‘already made’ games..

If u look at it it from bigger picture, there isn’t much activity in speed games, so definitely even when I’m 100 games. Sometimes i don’t have turns if i joint a lot of 6-12 players games, that’s a limitation tbh
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:12 pm

I'm still not able to join further games, my current states

Active [ 64 ]
Waiting [ 91 ]
Eliminated [ 1 ]
Finished [ 94 ]

if i joint some games which need to be filled, then i can't accept invites or clan war, tournament games..

if the limit was done to make games more active, it's not helping at the moment.
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby MichelSableheart on Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:03 am

You could drop every game where no one else joined, and you have at least 2 other games waiting with the same map and settings? You can recreate those games after the first 2 fill. That would free up about 10 slots for you, more if you also take out some games where only your dubs/trips/quads partners have joined. This has the advantage of focusing players on your other games with the same settings that are still waiting.

I have no strong opinion on the suggestion an sich, but if the only reason for raising the limit is so that Kaiser can create more poly 4 antartica, 4 or 5 player Feudal War assassin, or 8 player Feudal Epic doubles with worldconquer, there's not much point, IMO.
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby TeeGee on Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:50 am

The 100 game limit was introduced to help reduce the damage done by point dumping

Just reduces the workload on admins who have to reverse those games..

Now that we have less active members, point dumping has become a much smaller issue, and I can see the point in having the number raised or removed.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:02 am

MichelSableheart wrote:I have no strong opinion on the suggestion an sich, but if the only reason for raising the limit is so that Kaiser can create more poly 4 antartica, 4 or 5 player Feudal War assassin, or 8 player Feudal Epic doubles with worldconquer, there's not much point, IMO.

because those Poly (4) speeds are not filled, even these Feudal war assassins not filled as before, i remember in the past people create triples and quads without invites, and easily filled..

so if u wish to get the benefit of unlimited games of premium we have to do that as much as we like. Games aren't filled as before unless u make invites with certain players. Be aware that in the past, I've used to play 6-8 escalating games in City Moul, 8 Thoughts, Solar system, Portugal, let a lone arms Race, First Nation of America maps etc..
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby MichelSableheart on Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:08 pm

Kaiser_Tottenham wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:I have no strong opinion on the suggestion an sich, but if the only reason for raising the limit is so that Kaiser can create more poly 4 antartica, 4 or 5 player Feudal War assassin, or 8 player Feudal Epic doubles with worldconquer, there's not much point, IMO.

because those Poly (4) speeds are not filled, even these Feudal war assassins not filled as before, i remember in the past people create triples and quads without invites, and easily filled..

so if u wish to get the benefit of unlimited games of premium we have to do that as much as we like. Games aren't filled as before unless u make invites with certain players. Be aware that in the past, I've used to play 6-8 escalating games in City Moul, 8 Thoughts, Solar system, Portugal, let a lone arms Race, First Nation of America maps etc..

Given that they have trouble filling, what's the point of creating 3 of them? The main thing you risk is that interested players split which games they join, meaning you end up with 3 unfilled games, rather than 1 filled one.

As an example, consider Game 21999715 and Game 22066382. Two games with exactly the same settings, both created by the same player, both waiting for players. 12 unique players between them, plus one invite. If bluenose had created one game instead, he would probably be playing by now. And note how you have joined 3 different games with exactly the same settings, and searching for waiting games with these settings gives 32 results. I wonder why these games take so long to fill?
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Return to Suggestions