Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby P Gizzle on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:20 am

yeah, quite a lot of people think they have more power than they do on cc
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby MeDeFe on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:51 pm

sfhbballnut wrote:I"m just really sick of all the deadbeat noobs who join a game and never come back to the site, maybe we need some sort of tutorial for them...

Now THAT'S a good idea. You'll have my support if it ever goes to the polls.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:54 pm

That's why it's called a community. In a community there are shared values that are enforced by common agreement and mutual effort. In this case, this community values not being bombared by the same suggestions over and over again by people who think they're stumbling over some great new idea. Case in point, "wouldn't it be nice if there were no more deadbeats give me a way to keep noobs outta my games."

It's almost as if we are limbs of a single body, more numerous than the stars, each one occassionally, wearily, raising itself up to ponderously type out the same stock answers over and over again. Sometimes it's the mods, sometimes it's the rest of us. We are legion. Collectively omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent - a multisplendorous divinity. Bow low, and be enjoined unto we.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Ronaldinho on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:57 pm

Right when i 1st came to this site, i'd NEVER even heard of risk really, then i just got familiar with pm'ing and posting in the forum... i then got more curious and when onto the scoreboard, back then Brunnings was top lol. Then i seen some good players, one of these being Marvaddin, i pm'd him to help me with doubles games etc, and he was kind enough to take a noob on board and help, this goes for most players out there, pm them and ask for a doubles game you never know you might become real good friends with them and play alot, ive quite a good friends list on here now, and im real happy coz ive come along way, but im sure anyone could do it just be bold and ask about by pm'ing ok.
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby john123 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:34 pm

hmmm i really like that idea of having a tutorial sfhbballnut, a lot of people set up a profile join some games but when they find they can't play right away they don't come back, some form of tutorial where they can play a round or something so they have a better idea of how the game is played might make them decide to stay or go before they go joining games
Sergeant 1st Class john123

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:15 pm

Lack doesn't want to discriminate against any rank of players. Even the newbies have a right to play here ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby P Gizzle on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:16 pm

Thanks andy. We were all noobs once. heck i still am!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:48 pm

john123 wrote:hmmm i really like that idea of having a tutorial sfhbballnut, a lot of people set up a profile join some games but when they find they can't play right away they don't come back, some form of tutorial where they can play a round or something so they have a better idea of how the game is played might make them decide to stay or go before they go joining games

I think it's a decent idea but it'd need to be worked out so that the effort to get through it isn't too much. I picked this game up and stayed because the effort of entry was remarkably small... nothing had to be filled out or even really learned. A lot of 'net games have manuals that take a day to read and need you to play for 6 months before you accomplish anything noteworthy. The stark simplicity of CC is part of it's charm, so a complicated, compulsory tutorial feels wrong somehow.

The main problem is people not realizing they can't play instantly, right? I think maybe like a series of introductory screens to go through (with an option to skip) that lays out how to play and makes the once-a-day nature of the game perfectly clear? Would that work?
Colonel ZawBanjito

Joining of games based on ranks

Postby qingshun on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:15 am

Hi,

Can the admins implement a feature where the game creator can set a rank minimum of say.. Sergeant or Lieutenant and above to play game only ?

I am sick and tired of creating games to see only privates or new recruits joining the game. God knows if they are multis.

I believe this would help to make the scoreboard fairer in a sense. To prevent abuse of players creating multiple accounts just to gang-bang on a colonel for eg.
Major qingshun

Postby lackattack on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:22 am

Hi qingshun,

This has been discussed and rejected. We don't want new players to be blocked from joining half of the games. It wouldn't be very encouraging for them.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Scorba on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:51 am

Lack, I think your fears on this are unfounded. If it was done on points rather than rank you would not be able to specifically exclude new recruits. Considering that over 3300 of the 4000ish players on the scoreboard are at Sergeant level or below I think there would still be plenty of games for new recruits to join, and many of the higher rankers would likely set up open games anyway. Setting up ranked games could also be an additional benefit of premium membership.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:50 am

I see Scorba's point, and perhaps it would be a nice premium perk, perhaps if there is more talk, we can see what everyone thinks and feels.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Telvannia on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:58 am

if this idea is used could there also be a maximum rank?
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby Ishiro on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:32 am

As a premium perk, obviously only premiums could use it as it would be something done at game creation and only premiums can create games... but how about also making it so that only premiums can join rank limited games?
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby ZawBanjito on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 am

In a sense, this is already happening... with Scorba's Elite system, and other groups like the Dragoons, high level players are playing each other more often now. Yet there are many of the very top players who got there primarily by playing lower ranked players, such as all the doubles players, and xMBKx, who still plays mostly open games. How would they continue their winning formula if the lower ranks were blocked from joining their games? Also, many of my friends are lower ranked than I...

What I'm asking is how it would work, and are we just asking to ease a solution the community is already finding itself?
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Scorba on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:16 pm

It wouldn't be compulsory, Zaw. It would be an additional option when setting up a game.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby Pedronicus on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:28 pm

I would welcome this option. and thats what it is - an option

would it be based on score or rank?
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:36 pm

i say rank.
Cook P Gizzle

Postby qingshun on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:24 am

lackattack wrote:Hi qingshun,

This has been discussed and rejected. We don't want new players to be blocked from joining half of the games. It wouldn't be very encouraging for them.

Looking at the scoreboard, we see there are like more than half of the players being sergeant and below and I believe they would be able to find lots of games open for them. So that wouldn't be a problem at all.

Pls do reconsider implementing this feature. It is an option which would be greatly appreciated by many.

Thanks.
Major qingshun

Postby iLLa on Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:54 pm

if your going to consider it, why not both score and rank. you could have it do either or.
New Recruit iLLa

Limitations on who can join games using ranking system

Postby Myers123 on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:07 am

I think that u should be able to say that only privates and below or just majors for example cos it must be annoying if ur a new recruit and set up a match then find out ur playing loads of majors and generals
Corporal Myers123

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:08 am

no no no no no
no no no no
no no no
no no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

NO!!!
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby holyboy666 on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:46 am

Although playing against a higher ranked person might seem like a negative thing, it can actually be a real benifit. When you loose, you loose less points, but if you win you can gain a massive amount of points. I once beat two Captains as a Lieutenant and it jumped me up the scoreboard.

Also, by playing a higher ranked player, you can gain some valuable tips and strategies. Sometimes, to learn how to play a game you have to play someone that is really good.

If you do not like to play with Captains, I would encourage you to join a game that only has one spot open. That way you can see all the players and their ranks before you play the game.
Sergeant 1st Class holyboy666

Postby ZawBanjito on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:57 pm

You got no clue man. You know how bloody terrifying it is to be a colonel and end up in a game with a new recruit? This game is nuts man, any damn thing can happen man. I get in that situation and it's not going well for me and I'm like, do I be a heel and try and throw the game towards someone with a higher rank, or do I be a sucker and let the lucky bastard get my 70 points? And let me tell you, man, I'm a SUCKER. I was born a sucker. I've been suckered out of everything but the flesh hanging slack off me.

What am I talking about? Oh yeah. I got where I was by getting lucky against higher ranks. It's like blood in the water, rank. My suggestion is that you play more terminator games. I'm never letting Twill sucker me into another terminator game. Sergeant my ass!
Colonel ZawBanjito

Adding Ranking Tiers when starting new games

Postby DanzTheMan on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:41 pm

<-------------------->

<Subject>:

* To add a section to the "Start your own game" to have a limit set on what rank (i.e. 1xxx Score) someone needs to have to join a game and have a max limit so very inexperienced players (Newbies) have a chance from the very experienced players (Veterens) or visa versa

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: Add a rank (score) Limit to "Start you own games"
* Specifics: Either have ranking tiers, like for 1001-1300, 1301-1500, 1501-1700 (that type of idea) or being able to manually put it in like 1xxx to 1xxx
* Why it is needed: So very inexperienced players (Newbies) have a chance to play with someone in they're own tier bracket, and the experienced players (Veterens) can play they're own brackets without worrying about privates playing generals and losing
* Priority** (1-5): 5

**Note**

1 = Bottom of 'To Do' list
5 = Urgent, implement with next update

<-------------------->
Private 1st Class DanzTheMan

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions