Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby sully800 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:47 pm

First of all- thanks for using the form!

This has been suggested before though and I'm pretty sure it was rejected. The problem is that it would just segregate the site and get rid of the 'community' feel. Also, many people would set it so you have to be above 1100 perhaps- that way no new recruit could enter any of their games. The problem with that is that new recruits would all end up together, which may make the experience less enjoyable and they wouldn't be able to learn to play as easily. I don't really mind the suggestion and I know some people want it very badly...but some hate the idea, and I don't think lack was very keen on it.
Major sully800

Postby MOBAJOBG on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:51 am

Perhaps, the game setup should have a max. score limit but not a min. score limit. Why?

This is to enable lower ranks to play with each other more to their level without fearing any of the higher ranks joining the fray for obvious reasons.
Major MOBAJOBG

Restrict games by feedback *rejected*

Postby luckiekevin on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:47 pm

lackattack made a post and mentioned that he/she would be considering creating approval ratings for the players, like the stars on ebay. I think this is a great idea and it gave me an idea of my own. this is what I posted in response and I would like to know what you all think of this.

this is a great idea! I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I think it would be nice that if you have a premium account, you could be able to filter out players with low or no approval ratings in the games you set up.

1. The newbies will have to play each other to gain an approval rating before moving on to more established players. This will give new people experience against easier opponents, and will also prevent new players from leaving out of frustration that comes with playing against high ranked players in the beginning.

2. Multi's will be more difficult to create and put into games with ranked players.

3. Less deadbeats for those who pay to play here.

just a thought.. I really appreciate the effort. this place is great :)
Corporal luckiekevin

Postby zip_disk on Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:08 am

This isn't much different from a rank based separation system (which has already been rejected) except that its easier to beat. A multi would simply need to create several accounts and then rate themself highly to get around it. Its also more subject to abuse in the same way with low rankings.

It also seems redundant in a way with the feedback system.
Captain zip_disk

Postby lackattack on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:07 am

Did you check the date on the post you read about ebay style approval ratings? I implemented this ages ago. It is called Feedback.

I don't want filters on who can join a game whether it's based on rank, feedback, country or hair style.
Sergeant lackattack

New Premium Member Feature: Rank Limits

Postby Fieryo on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:38 pm

I think this would solve a lot of problems and boost the $ in lacks pocket (which I fully support in our little capitalist corner of the universe).

For those of us who chose to pay for Premium Membership, I propose letting there be an option in the Start Your Own Game page that specifies what rank or higher someone must have in order to join the game. This would of course be applied to New Recruits most of the time, but it would also be useful for people who just "want a challenge" (which assumes privates have no skill, an assumption that I find is more often correct than not).

For those who try to join but are not high enough of rank, a simple "I'm sorry, you are not highly enough ranked to join this game" message can appear.

I know this is along the lines of many suggestions which have been Rejected, but I urge you, our beloved and oh so handsome/beautiful Moderators to consider it. Thank you.

EDIT: of course this would also be an incentive for people to upgrade to Premium as well.
...where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it -- "history"
Major Fieryo

Re: New Premium Member Feature: Rank Limits

Postby hawkeye on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:28 pm

Fieryo wrote:I think this would solve a lot of problems and boost the $ in lacks pocket (which I fully support in our little capitalist corner of the universe).

For those of us who chose to pay for Premium Membership, I propose letting there be an option in the Start Your Own Game page that specifies what rank or higher someone must have in order to join the game. This would of course be applied to New Recruits most of the time, but it would also be useful for people who just "want a challenge" (which assumes privates have little skill, an assumption that I find is more often correct than not).

There fixed that for ya.
Cook hawkeye

Postby Fieryo on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:11 pm

Ok, since no one seems to be giving any feedback on this, a further explanation:

If i wanted to, I could start a game and monitor who joined, and if those people happened to be people of low rank and i didnt want to play people of low rank on that particular day (not because i dont like them necessarily but maybe because i just reached captain and dont want to lose 30 points to a private. no offense) I could just drop the game if i so chose. My suggestion would make that situation easier for everyone, since then i wouldnt have to drop games and other people wouldnt find that they were suddenly the only person still in the game.
...where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it -- "history"
Major Fieryo

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:19 pm

There is already at least 3 other threads on this. Please search before posting a new topic.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

specifying player ranks in public games

Postby ab327 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:23 pm

i dont know if this has been suggested before but for people like me who like creating public games but often,as do many others, get deadbeaters joining at the tail end of the players.

can there be a way of when creating the game, the creator can choose the minimum and/or maximum rank they wish to be able to join. it would just be another option?

Alex
Private ab327

Postby wicked on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:29 pm

no

and it's been suggested/rejected numerous times. you can check that next time either on lack's to-do list (shows rejected), which is stickied at the top of this forum, or by using the search function for the forum.
Major wicked

Re: specifying player ranks in public games

Postby HoustonNutt on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:56 pm

ab327 wrote:i dont know if this has been suggested before but for people like me who like creating public games but often,as do many others, get deadbeaters joining at the tail end of the players.

can there be a way of when creating the game, the creator can choose the minimum and/or maximum rank they wish to be able to join. it would just be another option?

Alex

You've scored 913. Where do you get off specifying rank? Deadbeats would help you.
"Look, Chalmers, let's understand each other... I don't like you."
Sergeant 1st Class HoustonNutt

Postby nyg5680 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:27 am

lol find a partner and hope 2 get a lot of deadbeats
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Re: specifying player ranks in public games

Postby ab327 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:55 am

HoustonNutt wrote:
ab327 wrote:i dont know if this has been suggested before but for people like me who like creating public games but often,as do many others, get deadbeaters joining at the tail end of the players.

Alex

You've scored 913. Where do you get off specifying rank? Deadbeats would help you.

yes im a lowly private, but i enjoy playing this game and i don't deadbeat. You're not here to give meaningful info are u, so im guessing u must be thoroughly bored.
Private ab327

Postby nyg5680 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:57 am

i usta be in the 700 but i started playin doubles which i find just as fun or more fun than standard games and now im a 1849 major but as long as ur havin fun thats good 2

Postby ab327 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:00 am

precisely, i dont need nobs like that Houston twat making fucking stupid comments
Private ab327

Postby nyg5680 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:02 am

like i didnt like bin a private i was set 2 get atleast a sergent cause it looked better than private but i wanna hav fun more than get a good score i just happen 2 get both

games by rank

Postby B.L.Sebub on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:12 pm

is it an idea to keep games sepperated by rank so that a beginner can't play with a higher rank.
Now it happens that a game is lost because a beginner makes mistakes and gives away the game. If one can onley play a equel rank the game's wil be bether.
Captain B.L.Sebub

Postby notkin on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:17 pm

This already happens naturally. Higher ranks usually dont choose to play in games with lower ranks and often lower ranks are scared of higher ranks.

I say if you dont want to play with a different rank than dont. But if you want to you should still be able to do so.
Cadet notkin

Sorta good.

Postby hecter on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:33 pm

I think that instead of just banning all newbs from all doubles or triples games, you have, instead, a rank range option when making a game.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Fircoal on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:22 pm

already suggested.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

option for minimum rank to join. *rejected*

Postby Georgerx7di on Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:21 pm

I would like to see an option where you can set the minimum rank to join a game. For example, this game is for captains and above, etc.

This is important because, there are a lot of majors, colonels, and generals who would like to start 6 player games. The problem can be summed up this way, I played 2 5-player rt games yesterday, i won one, and i lost one. I won 53 points, and lost 45. And I'm only major. It makes it almost impossible to make colonel if you just randomly join 5 and 6 player real time games, because there will be so many privates and sergeants, that your bound to loose points, even if you win 1 out of 3 6-player game.

Importance = 4
Major Georgerx7di

Postby wicked on Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:32 pm

Has been suggested and rejected numerous times. If you want to restrict who joins, you can do so by creating private games.
Major wicked

Postby maniacmath17 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:06 am

wicked wrote:Has been suggested and rejected numerous times. If you want to restrict who joins, you can do so by creating private games.

That makes sense, but what if you just wanted to play a game with random players that are captain or higher?

It just seems like every single site that has a rating system, also has a way to start games with specific ratings. Imagine being a Master at a chess site, and having no way of stopping a Beginner from joining all of your games.
Brigadier maniacmath17

Postby AAFitz on Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:16 am

i believe the new update is going to have something to make this easier

im not sure how they are going to set it up...im not sure they do, but as the colonel games were coming together, it was suggested that the update will make it possible...it might be private games or something, but I think we just have to be patient for now

for now your stuck with the elite games and the colonel games...or super elite games...or private games...
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions