Conquer Club

[PC] Farmer Explanatory Tag

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[PC] Farmer Explanatory Tag

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

"Farmer" Tag Option

Concise description:

We have ratings descriptions for all kinds of stuff. We should have one for "farmer."

Specifics/Details:

Add a rating for "farmer." I don't think it needs to be any more detailed. That being said, I would prefer "bogroll" as the description.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

This will allow players to appropriately tag those they think are bogrolling/farming. Further, inexperienced (note that I didn't use the word "newbie" because that's already against the rules) players can see that someone is a bogroll/farmer and not play such people.

Caveat - If this has already been suggested, my apologies.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: Farmer Tags?

Postby anonymus on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:45 pm

thegreekdog wrote:"Farmer" Tag Option

Concise description:

We have ratings descriptions for all kinds of stuff. We should have one for "farmer."

Specifics/Details:

Add a rating for "farmer." I don't think it needs to be any more detailed. That being said, I would prefer "bogroll" as the description.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

This will allow players to appropriately tag those they think are bogrolling/farming. Further, inexperienced (note that I didn't use the word "newbie" because that's already against the rules) players can see that someone is a bogroll/farmer and not play such people.

Caveat - If this has already been suggested, my apologies.

I like it, and when you have been tagged 250 times it appears as a big red stamp over your avatar!

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby s3xt0y on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:57 pm

or a farmer medal lol
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Postby natty dread on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:51 pm

What's the point with rating tags anyway?

No one's going to go look at someone's ratings, and read every single rating that's left, and see which tags are given how often... At least, I don't know anyone who does that. To the extent that people care about ratings, they usually just look at someone's averages.

So I'd say the existing tags are already useless as they are, why add more?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 pm

natty dread wrote:What's the point with rating tags anyway?

No one's going to go look at someone's ratings, and read every single rating that's left, and see which tags are given how often... At least, I don't know anyone who does that. To the extent that people care about ratings, they usually just look at someone's averages.

Maybe there is an easy way to include these on a person's profile instead of having to look through hundreds or thousands of ratings.

Postby anonymus on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 am

thegreekdog wrote:

Maybe there is an easy way to include these on a person's profile instead of having to look through hundreds or thousands of ratings.

great idéa how about this..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164101#p3583793

Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 am

anonymus wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

great idéa how about this..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164101#p3583793

I prefer a scarlet letter "B" for bogroll, but I think the concept is there.

Postby natty dread on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:00 am

So now it's down to this... public shaming, eh?

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Whats wrong with public shaming? It's informative and effective.

JRock
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby zimmah on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:08 pm

that being said maybe they should add a counter that shows the amount of times a player recieved each tag on the top of the ratings overview. like this players recieved 60 good teammate ratings and 3 bad teammate ratings etc.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby -Maximus- on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 pm

zimmah wrote:

that being said maybe they should add a counter that shows the amount of times a player recieved each tag on the top of the ratings overview. like this players recieved 60 good teammate ratings and 3 bad teammate ratings etc.

Now that is an idea! I go through page after page when looking at recruits for the clan.

As for the OP, would the inexperienced players even know what a farmer is? Or even be able to leave a rating for such an offense?
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby natty dread on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:48 am

-Maximus- wrote:As for the OP, would the inexperienced players even know what a farmer is? Or even be able to leave a rating for such an offense?

No, and no. This would simply be used by users who wanted to slander people whose playing styles they don't agree with.

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:43 am

natty dread wrote:
-Maximus- wrote:As for the OP, would the inexperienced players even know what a farmer is? Or even be able to leave a rating for such an offense?

No, and no. This would simply be used by users who wanted to slander people whose playing styles they don't agree with.

i concur that it would seem more likely to add grief to the site then to subtract it. for that reason the suggestion seems to be a bad one.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:20 am

thegreekdog wrote:

I agree with natty here, I haven't looked at anyone's rating tags for a long time! I have looked at players average rating though. Maybe the 3 most common tags awarded to a player should show up somewhere on his profile? I'll suggest this! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164873
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Archived Suggestions