Conquer Club

Standardized map legends/indicators

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Standardized map legends/indicators

Postby judge_reinhold on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Concise description:

The lack of standardization is a large part of the annoying learning curve in new maps. E.g. I just played district of Alaska (beta) and didn't realize the small ships revert to neutral. WHY? Oh, because I have to read every item on the legend to find out that that would happen.

Either have a little skull-and-crossbones emblem by every killer neutral territory, or have one pop up in "BOB" when you mouse over them, or something. It needs to be obvious. People should be able to tell those things immediately

Specifics/Details:
    annoying

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
It will benefit the site by making playing new maps less annoying for people. Like Steve Jobs said, "It should just work."
Colonel judge_reinhold

Re: Standardized map legends/indicators

Postby GeneralFault on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:01 am

I Agree, it lso means that the learning curve is easier and that thedevelopment of new maps is easier with a standardized set of tools.

And not all legends are that easy to read...
Cook GeneralFault

Re: Standardized map legends/indicators

Postby owenshooter on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:37 am

soooo... you want team CC to go back in to all the maps that they didn't create and modify the legends? i think they would have to contact all the map makers, some retired, some site banned, and ask them to do this... then they would all go back into the foundry and get lost in the shit storm that is now the foundry... i don't think this is going to happen.. great suggestion if CC made their own maps, but they don't. they are made by volunteers and i doubt many of them would be willing to go back in and adjust their legends at this point and time... good luck!!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Suggestions