Conquer Club

Speed Game Notification Light. WE NEED THIS!

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Speed Game Notification Light. WE NEED THIS!

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:31 pm

We NEED to have a speed game notification light built into the top bar of every page of CC. The current notification system is inadequate and often fails. I KNOW this from painful personal experience.

I'm visualizing a bright red light maybe the Red star logo...) top center .It will flash when a player's speed game begins. There should also be a siren (that can be muted if desired).

People who post speed games are currently at a terrible disadvantage because they are often not properly notified when their games begin. It will also be great for speed Guide Games which often start hours later.

Let's not just file this away. It needs to be a top priority.
Corporal Thorthoth

Re: Speed Game Notification Light. WE NEED THIS!

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:51 am

Do you not get a sound notification and a pop up?
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:42 pm

This sounds like it would be a cool Arduino project; a strobe light that activates when speed games come up.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:21 pm

I'd also like to see Speed Games placed in their own section at the top of waiting games. Even when it is not that player's turn, he or she would still see all of their impending speed game turns. The way it is now when another player's turn is up in a speed game, it is listed after all of the ready-to-play casual games.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:58 am

Having missed a few turns in speed games, I now use my timer on my phone to avoid missing my turns. I do this when I am multi-tasking and need a reminder, even in a speed game......JUS a suggestion for ThorT and others..... :-) :) ;)

Mike JP4Fun
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:49 am

Thorthoth wrote:I'd also like to see Speed Games placed in their own section at the top of waiting games. Even when it is not that player's turn, he or she would still see all of their impending speed game turns. The way it is now when another player's turn is up in a speed game, it is listed after all of the ready-to-play casual games.

Thorthoth wrote:We NEED to have a speed game notification light built into the top bar of every page of CC. The current notification system is inadequate and often fails. I KNOW this from painful personal experience.

I'm visualizing a bright red light maybe the Red star logo...) top center .It will flash when a player's speed game begins. There should also be a siren (that can be muted if desired).

People who post speed games are currently at a terrible disadvantage because they are often not properly notified when their games begin. It will also be great for speed Guide Games which often start hours later.

Let's not just file this away. It needs to be a top priority.

I completely agree with both of this. I have heard of several people on more than one occasion not getting notified a speed game begins. I also have been playing a speed game, click out of it on accident, and it takes me a minute to find it through my active games; it should appear first on the list, separate from others.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:18 pm

i'd like to see the old speed game rules back in effect... but that is a different topic/thread...-Bj
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:24 pm

owenshooter wrote:i'd like to see the old speed game rules back in effect... but that is a different topic/thread...-Bj

Then why would you bump a topic from several weeks ago, with a comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the suggestion... and you admit that the only comment you made in your post, should not be posted in the thread your posting in...

On a note more similar to this suggestion, notifications for games should be more clear in every aspect, for instance I am not always brought straight to my game invitations people sent me, so if I don't notice them I miss the invitation. More than one time I am playing and posting and whatnot, and then all the sudden I happen to notice a few invitations, and they are several hours old, and never shown to me in a way that pops out

Speed games, and invitations, should pop to the top of the list of everything and be the focus of the central command page, when there are any active to worry about. And should also have clear notifications while on the forums or other games and whatnot, but at least make it work if the page is left open please and thank you!
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Return to Suggestions