Conquer Club

New Community Guideline

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New Community Guideline

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 am

Concise description:
Prohibit the spamming of necro-bumping or just necro bumping in general.
If there's clear intent on trolling and reviving a thread that a user or user(s) are clearly not adding any further substance or relevancy to said discussion within a reasonable timeframe, IE: This Thread. Then issue a warning. If the user(s) continuously persists and actively necrobumping/spamming the forums with old threads, then escalate the punishment further for future offenses.

Specifics/Details:
Long story short, and I'll withdraw the offending party for purposes, but there's been a recent rise of constant necro-bumping of threads that range from 5-10+ years ago. I've been around this forum for quite some time, and every now and again, I like to look up (but not bump), a thread that I've either participated in in the past or something that was entirely fun for me to read. (The wicked epidemic for example).
Whether this was directly or indirectly the cause of the deletion of a large portion of the threads, which I'm still extremely upset about, I'd like to argue the first and foremost community guideline that's clear for everyone to see without pointing a finger at said person(s):

TeeGee wrote:Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you may be removed from it. It's that simple. This applies to any part of the site where interaction takes place; in Forums, Private Messages, Live Chat and Game Chat

While I do appreciate the occasional bump (like the longest thread thread, or Spamalot), what I don't appreciate are threads that provide little to no substance whatsoever, and are not being added to in any positive way or meaning.
Further, no one wants to see a 10 year old thread about a keggar, that's been long stayed dormant, where just about every user no longer frequents this site that has partaken in that discussion, and the only thing being added to it is "Sell him a vat of urine". It's being directed at no one, nor is there any indication that those users will magically come back and say "Gee thanks, I'll sell him some piss".
While the LTT can be argued within the community as always adding more substance, I view Spamalot as a part of history that I've enjoyed over the years. While the thread and most of the members within are gone with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 including myself, it can still be regarded as "active".

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Keeps the site fresh of new material.
Closes a "loophole" within said guideline, thus, making it harder to troll.
It's usually a standard in any forum, though this one has never enforced it because it's never (until now), been an issue.

Edit - I've issued a report for abuse as well because I feel it may be warranted.
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Re: New Community Guideline

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 am

Exec summary: ban Tea.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:28 am

I got a ban for bumping a nine month old thread.
Captain notyou2

Postby IcePack on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:07 am

I agree the reign of mod edit and his forum deleting necrobumling ways must end

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BoganGod on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:20 am

I got banned for posting in a three week old thread...... I've never been able to kiss enough arse to become a protected species.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 am

While it's understandable that you guys are jealous of this new era of forum freedom. I too was banned in the past for necrobumping.

I do not really want that policy brought back to life. ( see what I did there? )

I can see how the volume is a bit much. I still prefer that to the days when I wanted to bring some history or nostalgia forward, resulting in a vacation or warning,
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:16 pm

What I'm starting to hear is a lot of pain from players who were unfairly punished for bumping in the bad old days.

NotYou2, Bogan 2dimes, etc, I share your pain, let's all work together to make posting date-blind.

and let's all stop calling it n****-bumping, that should be the new N-word.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 pm

2dimes wrote:While it's understandable that you guys are jealous of this new era of forum freedom. I too was banned in the past for necrobumping.

I do not really want that policy brought back to life. ( see what I did there? )

I can see how the volume is a bit much. I still prefer that to the days when I wanted to bring some history or nostalgia forward, resulting in a vacation or warning,

Therein lies the problem

We either enforce the rule to where we don't allow users to necrobump, thus I suggest an archive where the necro bumps are free roam, OR limit the necro bumps to what it should be today. Not this nonsense of bumping threads that have little to no meaning like ":)))))))))))" or "I WIN!" from 10 years ago. It's not funny, it's annoying, and no one wants to see that garbage.

I can mimic what Thor did in one foul swoop with text.

"I'm sitting in my chair, picking at my infested belly button and wondered to myself "How can I annoy the CC community today? I know! I'll just go to the forums, click on the last few pages...And just necrobump the dumbest threads I can find!" I then went ahead and tried to justify it and try to coin the term "necro" as "racial or offensive" and simply said "f*ck you guys, I can do whatever I want. IRSMURT"

That's more or less his thought process. Like a fart in a hurricane.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
2dimes wrote:While it's understandable that you guys are jealous of this new era of forum freedom. I too was banned in the past for necrobumping.

Therein lies the problem

We either enforce the rule to where we don't allow users to necrobump, thus I suggest an archive where the necro bumps are free roam, OR limit the necro bumps to what it should be today. Not this nonsense of bumping threads that have little to no meaning like ":)))))))))))" or "I WIN!" from 10 years ago. It's not funny, it's annoying, and no one wants to see that garbage.

I can mimic what Thor did in one foul swoop with text.

"I'm sitting in my chair, picking at my infested belly button and wondered to myself "How can I annoy the CC community today? I know! I'll just go to the forums, click on the last few pages...And just necrobump the dumbest threads I can find!" I then went ahead and tried to justify it and try to coin the term "necro" as "racial or offensive" and simply said "f*ck you guys, I can do whatever I want. IRSMURT"

That's more or less his thought process. Like a fart in a hurricane.

Your whole argument is arbitary to the point of random, DDS. I'm sure you encounter many older AND NEWER threads and posts that you don't like. JOIN THE CLUB! Eventually you'll learn to just click through them or past them and not waste everybody's time in the C&A & Suggestions forms ... Ha, speaking of unnecessary/unwanted threads, such irony...
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Implemented. "Don't be Intentionally Destructive" is still in the rules, as is "Don't Push Boundaries". Thorthoth knows that his activities are received negatively and yet persists.
â–‘â–’â–’â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Implemented. "Don't be Intentionally Destructive" is still in the rules, as is "Don't Push Boundaries". Thorthoth knows that his activities are received negatively and yet persists.

Boundaries?... Boundaries?!?
If this this organized-crime-driven witch hunt complete with hateful sig-placards is safely within these sacred and much-vaunted 'Boundaries', then CC has much bigger problems that a few forum posts.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Implemented. "Don't be Intentionally Destructive" is still in the rules, as is "Don't Push Boundaries". Thorthoth knows that his activities are received negatively and yet persists.

If this this organized-crime-driven witch hunt complete with hateful sig-placards is safely within these sacred and much-vaunted 'Boundaries', then CC has much bigger problems that a few forum posts.

so, you are admitting your necrobumping is a problem, then? that's a good start...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 pm

riskllama wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

so, you are admitting your necrobumping is a problem, then? that's a good start...

Please, your willful misinterpretations of my statements are not even witty.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:07 pm

if i was trying to be "witty", you'd know it. you just said the forums have "bigger problems" than your recent forum activities, did you not? a couple of your necrobumps have been locked, as well. what does that tell you??? enough, already... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 pm

riskllama wrote:if i was trying to be "witty", you'd know it. you just said the forums have "bigger problems" than your recent forum activities, did you not? a couple of your necrobumps have been locked, as well. what does that tell you??? enough, already... :roll:

Those locks are truly bizarre. By no stretch of the imag is there any controversial content on those threads. CC's bullshit can become so complexly arcane...
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:40 pm

other than the fact that they are useless, ancient threads that should've stayed dead & buried, i completely agree there is nothing controversial about them, sure. they're pretty stupid, tho.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 pm

riskllama wrote:other than the fact that they are useless, ancient threads that should've stayed dead & buried, i completely agree there is nothing controversial about them, sure. they're pretty stupid, tho.

llamo, wishing that old threads stay ''dead & buried'' makes you sound unpleasantly pro-deletion!

Anyway, I guarantee you that I haven't posted anything as stupid as the latest shiny new Mr. swdk thread, whichever that is?
...and besides a lot of what is called 'stupid' does have some absurdist or camp appeal all the same.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Thorth, I gave you a decent set of reasons why necrobumping was kinda shitty.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Return to Suggestions