Conquer Club

Account sitters lose points for games they play in

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Account sitters lose points for games they play in

Postby trapyoung on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:44 am

I for one agree. To add onto symmetry’s analogy, I hate joining a boxing match that unexpectedly lasts four weeks longer than I anticipated and someone swaps in. Like cmon guy
Colonel trapyoung

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 am

trapyoung wrote:I for one agree. To add onto symmetry’s analogy, I hate joining a boxing match that unexpectedly lasts four weeks longer than I anticipated and someone swaps in. Like cmon guy

Exactly the same thing. I can't imagine how exhausting playing a cc turn is; it's really a great analogy with boxing and endurance and bringing in fresh blood.

It's much more fair to have a player disapear so you win games you had no chance of winning otherwise.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks for the replies.

I think the boxing analogy is probably played out, but you're right to point out the problem of other people stepping in as the core of the issue. Not every player has a team behind them willing to sub in if a turn is going to be missed, or a player is likely to deadbeat.

It's an inherent unfairness, sure, but the suggestion would obviously help to level the playing field.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby trapyoung on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:22 am

I think your suggestion would only really make sense in the context of speed games and even then I think the cheating forum would be the best venue to address this as serial abuse should really be the trigger.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:12 am

Symmetry wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I think the boxing analogy is probably played out, but you're right to point out the problem of other people stepping in as the core of the issue. Not every player has a team behind them willing to sub in if a turn is going to be missed, or a player is likely to deadbeat.

It's an inherent unfairness, sure, but the suggestion would obviously help to level the playing field.

Any player that has been around has someone they trust enough to ask for sitting in case they go on holidays. They don't ask people to sit their account because the sitter is much better or with the objective to get a point boost, sitters in fact are unlikely to do as well as the account owner because they already have their account to take care of, sitting someone is just a friendly favour to avoid missing turns.
Please give examples of sitters that have been boosting someone else's account, I m just curious.
Major betiko

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:23 pm

I have publicly said in the past that I do not at all like account sitting.

I still think this is is a terrible suggestion. People who play games for others are doing so in a collaborative effort to have more high quality games on the site, instead of games where people just lose because they had to go on vacation a month into a game. This is a noble intention (even though I think it's ultimately not something the site should allow) and penalizing people for doing it is incredibly misguided.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:06 pm

betiko wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Any player that has been around has someone they trust enough to ask for sitting in case they go on holidays. They don't ask people to sit their account because the sitter is much better or with the objective to get a point boost, sitters in fact are unlikely to do as well as the account owner because they already have their account to take care of, sitting someone is just a friendly favour to avoid missing turns.
Please give examples of sitters that have been boosting someone else's account, I m just curious.

Interesting, I'm curious about your suggestion too. I have no idea how I'd go about proving it though. Perhaps if they shared an interest in a clan, or something like that? What would you suggest?

But yes, I agree the account sitting rules do tend to favour players who have been on the site for a while ("been around"", as you say) and penalise newer players who don't have the back up.

As you correctly point out, it's not a level playing field. If you've "been around", you can dodge the rules on missing turns.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:09 pm

trapyoung wrote:I think your suggestion would only really make sense in the context of speed games and even then I think the cheating forum would be the best venue to address this as serial abuse should really be the trigger.

I'm not suggesting that anyone is cheating here, although I would agree that if players were using sitters for speed games that would be weird. Do you have any examples?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:14 am

Just seeing this now, So if Im sitting for someone, say 20 games, I log in, Out of the 20 games 15 are losing, Why would I want to knowingly [BEGIN] those losing games, If I know I will lose points for participating, AND, If I still wanted to help but not lose points, I wouldn't say that I sat in chat??
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby jfm10 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:21 am

Username & Password.
You acknowledge that you shall be responsible for ensuring that any user name you select does not infringe any third party rights or is otherwise unlawful. Conquer Club may refuse to grant you a username in its sole discretion for any reason including if it impersonates or misleadingly implies an association with the persona of another person or entity, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, or for any other reason as determined by us in our sole discretion. Your selection and use of a specific username does not convey any ownership or rights in that username and Conquer Club reserves the right to revoke and/or reassign that username in its sole discretion. You understand and agree that Conquer Club reserves the right to change, remove, alter or delete any username, with or without prior notice to you, at any time and for any reason in Conquer Club's sole discretion. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND ALL ACCESS TO AND USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING USE OF VIRTUAL CURRENCY, SITE ITEMS, OR SERVICES ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH THE USE OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD WHETHER OR NOT AUTHORIZED BY YOU. You agree not to transfer or resell or otherwise convey your Account or the right to use your Account or rights therein to anyone. If you have reason to believe that your Account is no longer secure, you must: (i) promptly change your password and (ii) immediately notify us of the problem by filing a Support Ticket on our help page (with the subject line: 'Username Password Security Issues').

this is a part of the terms to use this site.Now as a clan member i can understand the need of a sitter as life has an impact to the team mates.What i dont understand is why the sitter rules were passed on to the players regular games that only impact the player himself.
Captain jfm10

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:Just seeing this now, So if Im sitting for someone, say 20 games, I log in, Out of the 20 games 15 are losing, Why would I want to knowingly [BEGIN] those losing games, If I know I will lose points for participating, AND, If I still wanted to help but not lose points, I wouldn't say that I sat in chat??

Magnus, you are a big name player, and you have a significant weight as a mod behind your name.

You're playing turns for people with both expertise and being a moderator of the game as a whole.
Sergeant Symmetry

Previous

Return to Suggestions