Conquer Club

confirmation prompt for keyboard shortcuts

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

confirmation prompt for keyboard shortcuts

Postby detlef on Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:50 pm

For those of us prone to mis-clicks and the like, the "are you sure you want to" feature is indispensable, but it should also prompt you when you make moves via the keyboard shortcuts. Assuming, of course, that you have that feature turned on. I posted this in general chat a while ago before I realized there was a specific forum for these things.

Specifics/Details:
I have Parkinson's Disease and, as such, am prone to inadvertent keyboard screw-ups. More than once, I've accidentally started my turn in team games when I was trying to discuss strategies in game chat but wanted to wait until my teammate(s) could chime in. IAmCaffeine figured out a work around, but it requires keeping the caps lock on, which is rather annoying. I don't see why, if there's already something in place that allows you to turn on prompts to make sure you really want to stop attacking or that you're pleased with your fortification(s), that this same option wouldn't exist for hitting "b" to begin your turn, or "e" (I think) to end it, etc. And for those who don't want it, they can disable it like they already do for the things it currently safeguards against.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Those prone to accidental keystrokes would no longer suffer the consequences of them and, those who aren't can still enjoy the convenience and speed of keyboard short cuts, just like they don't have to endure "are you sure you want to auto attack" if they don't want THAT. I can't see how this would disadvantage anyone and it would sure make the site more accessible to those of us with conditions like mine.
Colonel detlef

Re: confirmation prompt for keyboard shortcuts

Postby emilywink on Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:23 am

makes sense to me, i'd think it would only help people that could use it and not be a problem for anyone that doesn't want it.
Colonel emilywink

Postby fishydance on Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:42 am

It does make sense. Sure, many people won't need it. But many people don't need a wheelchair ramp, but that doesn't make them unnecessary. This is no different. Let's make it happen.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:18 pm

Yeah, you can't turn off the keyboard shortcuts, so this would be great. I have accidentally started a team game in the past, didn't know how the heck I did it. Turns out if you hit B without the chatbox clicked, it will begin your turn.

Found that out the hard way. And while I have never used the shortcuts myself, I'm very aware of it now. I prefer to just click on the map.

I can see how this could be an issue for people with various health problems.

Yes, please implement this!
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby detlef on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:22 am

What needs to happen to move this forward?
Colonel detlef

Postby detlef on Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:27 am

Bumping this in case people who can make changes actually read this sub-forum and will find it in their heart to fix this bug.
Colonel detlef

Return to Suggestions