Conquer Club

[GP] Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Shooter_Jay on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:32 am

lord voldemort wrote:get greasemonkey and the clickable maps script. in it is a confirm button for all actions...

I understand that, but it is different than an undo button. A confirm just doubles the click qty., by the time you notice your mistake it's still too late, but wouldn't be for an undo button in fair situations. Even if it never happens, I still think it is a good idea, way beyond confirmatoin scripts.

Sorry about not using the form.
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:41 am

well yer but i dont hink an undo button would be fair at all....like wat happens in freestyle when u end your turn, but then an elimination chance comes up, u can press the undo button. it just doesnt seem fair to me
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Russianfire8371 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:48 am

i would say you can only do it in sequential games where the next person hasnt started his turn.

You cant do it on freestyle. You screw up, thats your fault
Corporal Russianfire8371

Postby Shooter_Jay on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:11 pm

lord voldemort wrote:well yer but i dont hink an undo button would be fair at all....like wat happens in freestyle when u end your turn, but then an elimination chance comes up, u can press the undo button. it just doesnt seem fair to me

That's why I said only in fair situations. You would have many triggers that would gray out the button. Like if you end your turn and nobody else does anything yet, you could undo end turn to correct a wrong fortify, but as soon as someone else made a move it grays out the undo button. As I said, only in fair situations would it be allowed to work.
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Postby Shooter_Jay on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:15 pm

Russianfire8371 wrote:i would say you can only do it in sequential games where the next person hasnt started his turn.

You cant do it on freestyle. You screw up, thats your fault

I'm not saying it's not my fault, I know it's my fault, the mistakes corrected by the confirmations were also the players fault, but the concept of confirmation is to give the player a second chance for his fault. Similar thing here. There are plenty of instances when it would be fair before another player makes another move.
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:17 pm

could be abused in many ways.

one way is:
If someone auto-attacks, gets their own armies destroyed, they can just click undo and then try the attack again.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Shooter_Jay on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:19 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:could be abused in many ways.

one way is:
If someone auto-attacks, gets their own armies destroyed, they can just click undo and then try the attack again.

Obviously you wouldn't be allowed to undo an attack...Do you guys actually read the posts, or just the subject? How many times do I have to say "only in fair situations"?
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Shooter_Jay wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:could be abused in many ways.

one way is:

Obviously you wouldn't be allowed to undo an attack...Do you guys actually read the posts, or just the subject? How many times do I have to say "only in fair situations"?

I did read your entire first post, and I see that you said "fair situations", but it was not used as "only in fair situations".
there are so many instances in cc that it would be fair.

You never said anything about NOT allowing it for things, only saying that if it was allowed, it would be "fair".

Also, to the people out there that lose 20 armies attacking a 4, they might see it as perfectly "fair" to get to redo that attack, because they just got diceraped and "the dice are broken" and many people doesn't think that he should have lost that many. To them, "fair" would be redoing his attack, because the results of the attack were completely "unfair".

This has been rejected many, many times. Why don't you just give up?
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Shooter_Jay on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:23 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:
Also, to the people out there that lose 20 armies attacking a 4, they might see it as perfectly "fair" to get to redo that attack, because they just got diceraped and "the dice are broken" and many people doesn't think that he should have lost that many. To them, "fair" would be redoing his attack, because the results of the attack were completely "unfair".

This has been rejected many, many times. Why don't you just give up?

That's just a silly argument. That's all you can come up with?

As for giving up, maybe you haven't noticed, but the world is full of denying good ideas, and the quitters never win. It is the good ideas that are kept alive that eventually get accepted. For one example, I guess you would say Abe Lincoln should have given up on the first ten elections he lost before he became president...
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Postby Twill on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:52 pm

Alright Jay I'll give you a shot at this:

Define for us all the situations where this would be "fair" and where it should be grayed out. (someone has to do it, and us doing it would just delay the release) - Why is each one fair or unfair (not everyone will agree with you)

Also

Should it be gray and only ungrayed when "fair" or ungray by default and grayed when "abusable"

How far back can you undo? just the last move or moves before that? Why/Why not?

Lets start with that and if we can make it an un-abusable system we will consider it.

Have a good one
Twill
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby Coleman on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:54 pm

The only way I can think it wouldn't be an abuse is on adjacent or chained fort in a sequential game or on any rolls you win.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Twill on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:10 pm

Coleman wrote:The only way I can think it wouldn't be an abuse is on adjacent or chained fort in a sequential game or on any rolls you win.

Even on rolls you win it could be abused - going for an escalating kill, auto-attack and you win, but lose 50% (or are going for the 2nd to last kill and you need a 2-0 win, but get a 1-1) and can no longer take out the last person which means you are going to lose next turn. Re-take roll, try again. You may lose instead of win that roll (it's a risk, but you're going to lose the game anyway right?) but you might win by enough that you can keep going.
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby alex_white101 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:51 pm

OKAY, obviously he is not suggesting u can undo attacks!!!!!!!

that would be stupid.

im guessing he just means if u misdeploy or dont advance any armies or something! or if u accidentally hit end attacks etc.
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby Shooter_Jay on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Twill wrote:Twill

Hey Twill, great thanks for the consideration. I'll draft something up...

BTW I think you guys do a great job with cc, I've played a lot of risk games online going back like ten years, and this is by far the best one in many ways.

Jay
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Postby Coleman on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:38 pm

Twill wrote:
Coleman wrote:The only way I can think it wouldn't be an abuse is on adjacent or chained fort in a sequential game or on any rolls you win.

Even on rolls you win it could be abused - going for an escalating kill, auto-attack and you win, but lose 50% (or are going for the 2nd to last kill and you need a 2-0 win, but get a 1-1) and can no longer take out the last person which means you are going to lose next turn. Re-take roll, try again. You may lose instead of win that roll (it's a risk, but you're going to lose the game anyway right?) but you might win by enough that you can keep going.

No, if you lost 50% they are lost, but you can undo back one won roll. You can't undo an auto attack.

So if you accidentally attack and take the wrong place without losing anything in one roll you give it back.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:44 pm

alex_white101 wrote:OKAY, obviously he is not suggesting u can undo attacks!!!!!!!

that would be stupid.

im guessing he just means if u misdeploy or dont advance any armies or something! or if u accidentally hit end attacks etc.

Thats probably the only way it would work, and not in freestyle games.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Russianfire8371 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:57 pm

Coleman wrote:
Twill wrote:

No, if you lost 50% they are lost, but you can undo back one won roll. You can't undo an auto attack.

So if you accidentally attack and take the wrong place without losing anything in one roll you give it back.

I think attacks should just be thrown out of it.

I tihnk the only time you can undo is if you misdeploy, if you misfortify (adjacent and chained) or when you turn in cards (You turned 3 cards when you actually had wanted to turn in 3 different cards, or you decide that turning in is not worth it). Anything you do would be in the log ("Bob deployed 3 in Western US. Bob took back the deployment and deployed in Western Australia"; or "Bob turned in 3 cards, Western Australia, UK, and North Africa and recieved 4 armies. Bob took back cash in and turned in Australia, Brazil, and UK and received 4 armies and received a 2 army bonus in Brazil.").

I think those are the only instances where the undo button can be implimented. Once you attack, or perform another action, you cant undo the first action.
Corporal Russianfire8371

Postby Shooter_Jay on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Twill wrote:Twill

An undo that keeps track of the last few game functions. If another player does anything, the undo can't go back beyond that point, it resets and keeps track again until another player does something.

The next thing that would disable it would be if you lose a roll. This would allow for correcting deployment mistakes and wrong attack direction retardom.

You could also undo a fortification and do it over, again unless another player does anything, which would reset your undo limit.

I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement, maybe simple or not. And maybe it wouldn't slow the game down, I don't know about that either.
This is my sig...
Sergeant Shooter_Jay

Postby Black sun 35 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:05 pm

If you mess up, you have to pay the price. I've done that many many times and I wish I could undo it, but that would take the fun out of the game.
Sergeant 1st Class Black sun 35

Suggestion: "Return to Attack" and "Reset&

Postby DoctorX on Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:43 pm

*I tried to see if there were any other postings - each search brought up several posts. I hope this not a duplicate post.

Anyway...

Suggestion Idea: It would be nice to have a "Return to Attacking" and "Reset" buttons.

Specifics: After the attacks we have fortifications; but it would be nice to have a "Return to Attacking" button that could only be used if no fortification have been made. Maybe have it on a separate screen right after attacking or on the fortifications section. The "Reset" button would be great in the fortification and reinforcement areas.

Why it is needed: I need it right now, that is why! I had the definite upper hand and placed my armies and was going to attack :twisted: ...and without thinking hit the end attacks button! :shock: Just shit myself!!! This was a technical mistake and these types of issues shouldn't get in the way of some very good games. Some people have told me they used their mouse wheel and it chose a different territory than they wanted. Something should be done to eliminate the user's technical mistakes/issues from killing their strategies. A simple pop-up screen or something could save someone from making a bad mistake. Please consider.
Captain DoctorX

Postby TheScarecrow on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:47 am

download ajax bob and turn on the confirm deploy and confirm end fort, attack etc
a poor workman always blames his tools... SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DICE FFS

All those people who whinge about losing points to low rankers need to read a book entitled "Losing 40 Points V The End of the World : A Study in Contrast"
Cook TheScarecrow

Postby richardgarr on Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:32 am

yeppers BOB is your friend with this issue.
I suggested a do over button awhile back, and was told," NO!"
Also a few people had helpfull <<sarcasm) comments.

When you install BOB , I suggest turning off the confirm deploy and confirm end phase options if you are going to play freestyle games. It eats up time.

:D :D 8)
Sergeant richardgarr

Re: Suggestion: "Return to Attack" and "Reset

Postby GabonX on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 am

DoctorX wrote:*I tried to see if there were any other postings - each search brought up several posts. I hope this not a duplicate post.

Anyway...

Suggestion Idea: It would be nice to have a "Return to Attacking" and "Reset" buttons.

Specifics: After the attacks we have fortifications; but it would be nice to have a "Return to Attacking" button that could only be used if no fortification have been made. Maybe have it on a separate screen right after attacking or on the fortifications section. The "Reset" button would be great in the fortification and reinforcement areas.

Why it is needed: I need it right now, that is why! I had the definite upper hand and placed my armies and was going to attack :twisted: ...and without thinking hit the end attacks button! :shock: Just shit myself!!! This was a technical mistake and these types of issues shouldn't get in the way of some very good games. Some people have told me they used their mouse wheel and it chose a different territory than they wanted. Something should be done to eliminate the user's technical mistakes/issues from killing their strategies. A simple pop-up screen or something could save someone from making a bad mistake. Please consider.
I agree. I like this.
Captain GabonX

Postby DoctorX on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 am

Ajax Bob? I did a google for it and only found where it was compatible for Firefox. Where do I find it for Internet Explorer? Can I have a little more instructions on what to do once I find it. Also have Vista - which has had known issues with many things.
Captain DoctorX

Postby DoctorX on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:34 am

Hey GabonX maybe we are distant relatives - we have the same last name! lol :lol:
Captain DoctorX

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions