Conquer Club

CC News [Issue 09: 28-5-09] - Short Edition with lancehoch

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC News [Issue 09: 28-5-09] - Short Edition with lancehoch

Postby samuelc812 on Wed May 20, 2009 3:56 am

Issue #09:

Hello all and welcome to the ninth issue of the Conquer Club Newsletter!

Apologies for the late issue this week while i was on holidays, now that i have returned lets get down to the newsletter shall we? It has been relatively quiet in CC over the past few weeks following the staff shuffle. But the dust seems to have settled and everyone is getting back to enjoying the game, which is good to see.

With Summer just around the corner, the CC News Team has launched a Summer Graphics Competition that is open to all of the CC Community. For full details on the competition visit this thread.

According to Optimus Prime the site's Operations Manager, TeamCC Nominations came in thick and fast from the community at large. A pile that he now must sift through and pick out the cream of the crop, here is what he had to say...
Optimus Prime wrote:Alright folks, I've got a massive pile of names to sift through, so the time has come to close the nominations period. Looks like there are some really promising folks in my pile, so keep your eyes peeled. Sometime in the not too terribly distant future we are likely to start seeing some new faces with colored names.

Thanks for the help!

Regards, OP

So stay tuned i guess...

We will soon see a new Brazil map to replace the current, see Foundry News for more info.

We hope you enjoy this issue :)

samuelc812 - News Director

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

TABLE OF CONTENTS

• Fast News
  • Current Signups
  • Tournaments Guides, Tips & Tricks
  • Editor's Note

FAST NEWS

- A new useful tool for Tournament Organizers, check the "Tournament Guides, Tips & Tricks" section to read more about...
    - Tournament Newsletter #75 (here)
    - Interview with b00060 - submit your questions (here)
    - Tournament Hall of Fame Update!(here)

CURRENT SIGNUPS

Here below the last week current signups:

School's Out for Summer 2009
Organizer:Night Strike
show: options

GR's Common Map Tour
Organizer:giantrascal

Tic-Tac-Toe!
Organizer:the.killing.44

The Common Map Tour
Organizer:giantrascal

Caymanmew's classic tournament
Organizer:caymanmew

The Rjbeals Open
Organizer:the.killing.44

Spleen of Garnets! Douglas Adams Theme!
Organizer:Hopscotcher

The Random Map Duel 2
Organizer:JoJo123

!!!Save this Dog!!!
Organizer:scottp

So you think you can dance?
Organizer:amazzony

Speed Terminator III
Organizer:DJ Teflon

Mr.classic III
Organizer:caymanmew

European Special Agent
Organizer:DJ Teflon

Championship Series: WWII Ardennes
Organizer:barterer2002

Championship Series: WWI Ottoman Empire
Organizer:barterer2002

Random Map Escalating Doubles
Organizer:Forza AZ

Best Sports Franchise
Organizer:vykingsfan64

OUTBREAK
Organizer:EagleofGreenErth

GUIDES, TIPS & TRICKS

Conquer Club Tournament Stats
The new Conquer Club API was released on 14 May 2009 and in few days chipv give us a new useful toy!
The tool produces stats about a tournament, so you can collect the informations you need more easily and quickly.
When installed it could be used in the Game Finder page and currently it is splitted in two main sections:

- Summary: In this section are displayed players, games played , wins , losses, eliminations and active games.
    - Results: Here are listed all finished games, map name and who won and who lost the games.
You can find this useful tool and more informations about it here.

EDITOR'S NOTE
If you have some interesting ideas or suggestions about, please contact me with a PM.
Thank you
Thenobodies80

Alo again. More down time in the Foundry, map-wise. We really appreciate your comments, so go git some comments in! This might be the smallest issue yet, as we only have one map to write about and not really any news :(

TABLE OF CONTENTS
  • Recently Quenched & Beta Maps
    • Brazil REVAMP
  • Foundry News & Announcements
    • The Foundry Newsletter: Issue #20
  • Author's Note

Recently Quenched & Beta Maps
Brazil REVAMPMaker: RjBeals XML: Optimus Prime
    After winning the much-advertised and highly known revamp, RjBeals teamed up with XML'er (and admin!) Optimus Prime to finish of this beauty that will replace the current, uh, not-so-great looking Brazil map by Marvaddin in 2006. After winning the competition, RJ went through some trouble as Marv used his "super-veto" powers to get rid of some tilt that RJ had put on his winning entry, sending a wave of anti-mapping sentiments through him. But after a long haul, the map was completed to the enjoyment of all, and we hope to see this live soon!

Foundry News & Announcements
Foundry Newsletter: Issue #20
Greetings,

Another issue is upon us. We've got a full issue here, with three maps arising from the recycling bin after long vacations. In addition we've got your favorite column with WCA's latest challenge, and we all think you'll get a kick out of it. Sadly no Editorial this issue, school got in the way of our intended writer, so look for it next issue. Of course we've got A Look Back and Spotlight, covering Tisha's Puget Sound and Sully's up-and-coming World Cities. And finally our Community Perspective, with the proof that nobody likes reading what I'm typing right now. Just let me know if I should just cut this portion out already. :P

Hope you enjoy the issue,
TaCktiX
Senior Editor

That's right, another issue of the newsletter where you can see what's up with all things mapping, read interviews and compete in other graphic competitions is up! We hope you enjoy it :)

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Got any ideas? suggestions? Want to write a piece? Just shoot me a PM by directly clicking my signature in the line below. Thanks,

A big rivalry is starting to form between The Horseman of the Apocalypse (THOTA) and Legends of War(LOW). THOTA now leads the Clan League, while LOW maintains the top spot on the Clan Ladder. To add to that mix, they are also facing off in a clan war as well in a very close battle, and also head to head in the league this week! Some great sportsmanship here.

In other news, a new clan ladder draft is circulating for comments and review, and is based more closely to College Sports RPI. Some good reviews so far and several players are reviewing calculations. There was concerns with the original (and still current) ladder that many newer clans were being placed on the ladder higher than they should, and that it was possible to get to number 1 without facing a top 10 clan. The draft version minimizes that ability as you will have to face stronger opponents in order to be ranked higher. Work should continue on the new ladder for a few more weeks before it is taken to the CLA for a vote.

In my Clan Director duties, I was approached this week by someone from the technical team and I am exploring some reporting functionality and other possibilities as well. Hopefully I will be able to report some results soon.

As always, you can find Clans who are recruiting here and you can see a list of all the clans and usergroups here.

show: Interview with lancehoch

Scores at the end of Week 5

We only have 1 more week of competition, can our 2 leaders hold on to their lead or will they stumble in this weeks questions ;) Next week we will announce the winner :)

show: Community Competition Scoreboard

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the Conquer Club Newsletter for an interview with the Head Chatter, James Vazquez. You can submit your questions here --> Interview with James Vazquez

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the Conquer Club Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to samuelc812. If the CC News Team enjoy it than you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the Conquer Club Newsletter delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

Getting Past Issues

If for any reason you would like to receive a past issue of the Conquer Club Newsletter, all you have to do is fill out this simple form and send to gimil via PM.
Name:

Issue Number:

Reason:

Conquer Club News Team

samuelc812 - News Director
gimil - Advisor
thenobodies80 - Tournament Reporter
the.killing.44 - Foundry Reporter
jpcloet - Clan Reporter & Guest Editorial
ubersky - Suggs and Bugs Reporter
InsomniaRed - Community Opinion Reporter
Captain samuelc812