Conquer Club

Discussion: Recruiting, etc.

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Discussion from TOP Recruiting Thread

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:26 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Something that maybe should of been looked at when the idea to have 2 clans merging to a superclan came into play? Why have it be ok that 2 good clans can merge to a superpower and have 40+ members, But now that TOP topped that just by recruitment, there has to be a cap placed? The weak clans gotta go out and be more personable, chatty, proactive, not just rely on their recruitment thread?

\MGM/♎

Just to clarify, it's not the first time people are speaking about a cap.

Pretty sure there was some talk about a cap when TSM and KoRT merged as well.

( I don't want you to think it's about TOP, it's not).

Btw, totally support this idea. It's a must I think. 30 players max per clan, it's way more than enough.
I would support 25 active members, and being allowed to keep up to 15 extra members on an inactive list ( for forum access for old members).
Only the active members are allowed to participate to clan wars.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby FreeFalling123 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:57 am

The terminology difference isn't vast between merge / recruitment. I think the real debate is on clan rosters... It seems unfair to remove a seasonally active player on and off a roster because of total #s. Obviously, this is a site-wide issue wherein player pools are dropping and we are ending up with less promise for the clan world.

What may need to happen is clans with bigger pools create smaller teams of players to be challenged (10 man teams, 15 man teams, 20 man teams) and we give newer additions a chance to play less weighted battles with other teams. This can be weaker clans or whatever... kind of like the levels of tennis go from 1-7.

In this case, the top level matches could be worth more (10 point, 25 point and 100 point challenges for example). This would be pretty easy to implement in leagues -- call matches A league, B league and C league or whatever and give clans more matches at lower numbers... this already basically happens
Major FreeFalling123

Postby BIG_John on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm

I find it funny how players are recruited by different clans and the majority of them pick the clan they want to join and the other clans get butthurt because they didn’t join their clan! Get the fck out of here! Just because TOP recruited these players doesn’t mean that TOP made or forced them to join they joined because they wanted to join TOP. Vid Fiso pull the panties out of your butt because you couldn’t get any of the players. Maybe you need to work on your recruiting skills. The silly things that Some of you guys bring up to attack TOP with. SMH
Colonel BIG_John

Postby riskllama on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:34 pm

i think a player cap is kind of an interesting idea, say...24 members? - might add some spice and/or parity to the clan world.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:42 pm

BIG_John wrote: Vid Fiso pull the panties out of your butt because you couldn’t get any of the players. Maybe you need to work on your recruiting skills.

We have 29 players, all active, I culled a dozen a couple of months back that may return to the clan at any time should they so desire. More than enough players to participate in 2 wars and a clan comp or two at the same time, if we can find someone willing to fight that is. It would be remiss of me as a clan leader not to approach experienced players about to become free agents and would expect many other clan leaders did the same.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:47 pm

riskllama wrote:i think a player cap is kind of an interesting idea, say...24 members? - might add some spice and/or parity to the clan world.

A cap is fine, but clans witb over the limit of said cap, can't release members because a cap was set? It would have to be a cap, with grand father law that prevents already over cap when cap is set clans, from having to release members because of cap?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:48 pm

BIG_John wrote:I find it funny how players are recruited by different clans and the majority of them pick the clan they want to join and the other clans get butthurt because they didn’t join their clan! Get the fck out of here! Just because TOP recruited these players doesn’t mean that TOP made or forced them to join they joined because they wanted to join TOP. Vid Fiso pull the panties out of your butt because you couldn’t get any of the players. Maybe you need to work on your recruiting skills. The silly things that Some of you guys bring up to attack TOP with. SMH

What in high f*ck are you talking about?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
riskllama wrote:i think a player cap is kind of an interesting idea, say...24 members? - might add some spice and/or parity to the clan world.

A cap is fine, but clans witb over the limit of said cap, can't release members because a cap was set? It would have to be a cap, with grand father law that prevents already over cap when cap is set clans, from having to release members because of cap?

nope - all rosters would have to be trimmed down to a lean & mean 24 players...just imagine the rivalries/animosity that would create because so much butthurt... :)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Keefie on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:53 pm

My comments regarding a player cap are not a dig at TOP.

Merely a suggestion that might help the clan world going forward as the overall number of players stays limited.

I personally think 25 active players would be a good number.

and I'm not suggesting for a second that anything would/could/should be applied retrospectively.
Colonel Keefie

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Keefie wrote:My comments regarding a player cap are not a dig at TOP.

Merely a suggestion that might help the clan world going forward as the overall number of players stays limited.

I personally think 25 active players would be a good number.

and I'm not suggesting for a second that anything would/could/should be applied retrospectively.

The problem i see with caps, is clans are generally formed by friendships. Not necessarily only competition.
So if player A leaves clan A, Clan A was his "friend group". So if Clan A fills their roster because they need more players,
or have seasonal players, then Player A returns.

The logic is faulty that "oh, player A will just join clan B". No, more then likely player A will just not join clans at all cuz he can't play with his friends.

Clans might also have to start ditching seasonal players, for players who are available more often / year round. Again pushing people out of clans, instead of including them into clans.
Whats the harm of having someone on a clan roster if they only want to join in on a few wars a year? They wouldn't participate anymore by joining a diff clan, but yet would have to
get cut / excluded from clans because they weren't active enough to be included in the group.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Let a clan have 25 active members and say up to 5 or 10 inactive members then...problem solved.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:36 pm

rockfist wrote:Let a clan have 25 active members and say up to 5 or 10 inactive members then...problem solved.

Who is going to count each individual used in every war to make sure they dont use 26...? If theres no way to track this, then the cap is pretty much worthless
and just extra red tape? Going through and counting whose active vs inactive is tedious at best.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:42 pm

IcePack wrote:
rockfist wrote:Let a clan have 25 active members and say up to 5 or 10 inactive members then...problem solved.

Who is going to count each individual used in every war to make sure they dont use 26...? If theres no way to track this, then the cap is pretty much worthless
and just extra red tape? Going through and counting whose active vs inactive is tedious at best.

yeah, best to just keep it at a fixed number of players and if cuts are required to fall under the parameters of the cap, so be it.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:29 pm

There would have to be a grandfather law, all clans with over certain number cant add new, and if cut down to cap can not rise above it again, otherwise your telling clans they have to CUT members!? Good luck with that!
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:43 pm

IcePack wrote:

Not saying I agree with either idea, but surely that's no harder than tracking the game limit for each player? Just list your 25 players or less in the war thread and sorted.

The question I have is if you have, for example, 25 active players and 5 inactive, could you not potentially rotate up to 5 players each war? I would say no, but loopholes would be found.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:13 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Not saying I agree with either idea, but surely that's no harder than tracking the game limit for each player? Just list your 25 players or less in the war thread and sorted.

The question I have is if you have, for example, 25 active players and 5 inactive, could you not potentially rotate up to 5 players each war? I would say no, but loopholes would be found.

riskllama wrote:
yeah, best to just keep it at a fixed number of players and if cuts are required to fall under the parameters of the cap, so be it.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby BIG_John on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
BIG_John wrote: Vid Fiso pull the panties out of your butt because you couldn’t get any of the players. Maybe you need to work on your recruiting skills.

We have 29 players, all active, I culled a dozen a couple of months back that may return to the clan at any time should they so desire. More than enough players to participate in 2 wars and a clan comp or two at the same time, if we can find someone willing to fight that is. It would be remiss of me as a clan leader not to approach experienced players about to become free agents and would expect many other clan leaders did the same.

Vid you have no problem finding a war as I know of three high ranked clans that have thrown offers at you with one not sure how serious they were but FOED and TOP I think are pretty sure about taking you on. That is two wars right there and maybe more if you ask around.
Colonel BIG_John

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:38 pm

BIG_John wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:

Vid you have no problem finding a war as I know of three high ranked clans that have thrown offers at you with one not sure how serious they were but FOED and TOP I think are pretty sure about taking you on. That is two wars right there and maybe more if you ask around.

Having 3 people say in a thread that they'll take their clan into a war is one thing, especially when they may be emotional responses, having the rest of the clan agree to it may well be another :-) We'll see how things progress, or not.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 am

So what about TOP's recruitment thread title? Top ranked clan??? There has been discussion in that thread showing that different people have different interpretations, but I've not heard someone from TOP chat about it. Personally, I'm with EBC here:
EBConquer wrote:For what it's worth, I read it as:

"Top Ranked Clan" = #1 clan

"Top Ranking Clan" = One of the top clans

Now the fact that TOP is one of the top clans is still quite a statement, but TOP went with this thread title when they were #1 on F400, so with them being #2 (but will drop) in D400 I think that for now this is still technically correct.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Keefie on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 am

Extreme Ways wrote:So what about TOP's recruitment thread title? Top ranked clan??? There has been discussion in that thread showing that different people have different interpretations, but I've not heard someone from TOP chat about it. Personally, I'm with EBC here:

Now the fact that TOP is one of the top clans is still quite a statement, but TOP went with this thread title when they were #1 on F400, so with them being #2 (but will drop) in D400 I think that for now this is still technically correct.

Does it really matter :lol: :lol:

TOP are a top ranked clan.
Colonel Keefie

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:28 am

Keefie wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:So what about TOP's recruitment thread title? Top ranked clan??? There has been discussion in that thread showing that different people have different interpretations, but I've not heard someone from TOP chat about it. Personally, I'm with EBC here:

Really, no it doesn't matter. However it is misleading to people that are capable of interpreting the English language correctly. EW has a better grasp of English than most native speakers on this site from what I've seen.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:42 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Keefie wrote:

Really, no it doesn't matter. However it is misleading to people that are capable of interpreting the English language correctly. EW has a better grasp of English than most native speakers on this site from what I've seen.

Salut CC Brothers & Sisters!

It really won't matter, Because we (TOP) will be changing the Heading to [PLEASE DELETE]. We will be closing the door on our recruitment thread, and serious inquires only are to come to us directly by pm.

♎MAGS♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:12 am

caymanmew wrote:Fiso reading through your thoughts... would it not make more sense that the top clans horde talent while the bottom or mid tier clans rely heavily on a few individual to carry the majority of the load.

In any game someone should be in charge while those that are not provide thoughts and observations to help the game leader lead. Good leaders need good followers. In my experience leading good players who are perfectly capable of leading me is the best. Those players are much better at giving me the information and ideas i need to lead.

If you can put a clan together of good and great leaders who are willing to both lead and follow you will find yourself in a position where you're a top clan. If you only have a few good or great leaders and a bunch of followers who contribute little to nothing to game chat you're not going to be a top clan.

Take the top 3 guys out of a top clan and they still crush you because your best player is probably equal to their average player where as your average player would struggle to even get trial games from said top clan.

Take up the TOFU or FOED offer, take out their 3 best players and see what happens.

Huh. Fantastic post. Should be placed in the CC-Clan Canon of Wisdom.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Re: The Omega Pantheon [Recruiting].[Top ranked clan]

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
Take the specialists out of any given map against a crap clan like ours and see how well the rest do without being spoon fed each and every move when they have to think for themselves.

I disagree with this. I have only been in one clan. Well KoRT, then S&M, but it's the same team. They only accepted players who were really good, or players who had the potential to become really good by learning from others. It's not about hogging talent either as another person suggested above, but nurturing talent and helping players become the best they can be. That's what test games are for. Players need to demonstrate that they can successfully lead a team (not necessarily win, just be a good communicator). UNLESS we know their play style already. All of the top clans test their players in this way.

In all team games, there has to be a leader, always. The leader is the one that comes up with the main strategy for that game, the rest contribute their thoughts if they think they see something better, or preferrably leave notes in chat for what they think their next move should be and see if others agree, not just dive in and take the turn. Without a leader and a single strategy, everyone's going to have different ideas of how the game is going to play out. Generally, the leader ends up being the person with the most experience on a particular map. That's only natural. It doesn't mean that the rest are idiots.

Not every player is going to be as good as say... Josko, but... the majority of them are better than average. You get a team like that where everyone is focused and on their A-game (even without their top player or three), they'd be hard to beat...ever. That doesn't always happen for a myriad of reasons, but to say that there are only a few skilled players in each team, and everyone else is low tier, couldn't be further from the truth.

_____

Oh and as for people complaining about teams with 40+ members. You take out all the people who are on a break etc, those teams probably only have half those numbers. A cap wouldn't make a difference to them, honestly. All you'd be doing is asking them to drop those players out until such time as they return. I am currently on a break from competitive play for health reasons, but still in S&M.

Think about it. If a team really had 40-50 active players, it wouldn't be much fun. No one would get enough games, especially since the top clans generally only play in the big competitions. It would make sense for people to leave and join a clan with less players or splinter into a smaller clan. Nope, we actually don't have that amount of active players on the roster. They are just part of our conquerclub family, even if they aren't all currently playing.

It's desperation from clans imo. It's not fair to blame clans with bigger numbers. Why not just recruit more people who don't currently play in clans. There are still thousands of players on the site each month. I was someone who would never have considered clans and was invited to try out by three different clans at the time. I chose KoRT. People were really competitive about getting people into their clans and went looking for them. I would have left CC ages ago if it wasn't for the clan family. I am still hanging around BECAUSE of them, because I do want to return to competitive play when I can. My point is that recruiting unknown players out there into the clan world and training them keeps them around and makes things more active.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives