Conquer Club

[CC7] TOFU (33) vs ATN (16) - TOFU Wins! - Final 8/8/17

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC7] - Round 3 TOFU vs ATN

Postby rockfist on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:43 pm

I have a tendency to think very highly of my and my teammates abilities. I was bothered by some of the comments made (I won't go back through them and yes perhaps I have a thin skin). I didn't respond in the best way. I'm sorry.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:28 am

Just catching up in this thread - obviously, we need a cute kitten picture here!

Major catnipdreams

Postby Arama86n on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:05 am

MTIceman41 wrote:Perhaps focus on a mutual enemy now? O crap that's prob S&M :shock:

:D

And yes dear cat, we most definitlely need kittens. Plural.
And you delivered, excellent.
Major Arama86n

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:19 am

shocked439 wrote:I'm good with that explanation. Thanks EW. Mistakes were made we've owned up to them caff and ATN. We will do our best to not let them happen again in the future.

It was less "owning up" and more me PMing EW to let him know what he'd done was against the rules but I wouldn't be doing anything about it, I just wanted to make sure he knew. I have no idea how EW thought putting someone into games that he knew he would have to cover from the very first turn was acceptable, for what it's worth. I took his word for it though. Reading sheer arrogance and shit from the winners of the war - after I let this kind of crap slide at the start - really doesn't sit well.

rockfist wrote:I have a tendency to think very highly of my and my teammates abilities. I was bothered by some of the comments made (I won't go back through them and yes perhaps I have a thin skin). I didn't respond in the best way. I'm sorry.

Dude you couldn't even take a joke when I called your Pot Mosbi team of you, loutil, ebconquer and fusi "reserves". I think highly of my clan too. If you're in a clan you don't think highly of then you should get moving.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:40 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
shocked439 wrote:I'm good with that explanation. Thanks EW. Mistakes were made we've owned up to them caff and ATN. We will do our best to not let them happen again in the future.

It was less "owning up" and more me PMing EW to let him know what he'd done was against the rules but I wouldn't be doing anything about it, I just wanted to make sure he knew.

Yes. this part was correct. Caff PM'd me about it saying it wasn't very nice. Unfortunately these PMs aren't in my inbox anymore, so I can't really quote relevant parts of the conversation.

I have no idea how EW thought putting someone into games that he knew he would have to cover from the very first turn was acceptable, for what it's worth. I took his word for it though.

This is where we disagreed on based on different interpretations of sitting rules.
"4. You must not enter clan games if you know in advance that you will not be able to take the vast majority of your turns. If you are going to participate in clan games, it should be you who will actually play in these games."
What happened was that key missed more than just his first turn, at which point I agree, Key shouldn't have played. I also couldve asked Caff to delay filling the 2 games Key was in, to prevent this from happening. I didn't though, and that was a mistake. It would've made it clear to me that 1) my assumption would be incorrect or 2) I would be clear to field Key.

Assuming the games would start on deadline day, the 28th, the other important factor is which player gets the first turn. In the triples game, he got the 3rd turn out of 6. In the quads, the 3rd out of 8. Based on the current speed of the rounds, key would have missed 1 turn in both games had they started on deadline day. Key missed 2 turns in FNA, of which the last one the day before he returned, and 3 in W2.1 with the last on hours before he returned (clock was down to 50m, I had to take it).

We can argue about the semantics of the rule. I've had wrong interpretations of rules before, as you have seen with the delay in populating our second home set. We chose not to argue further because the point was notifying me, and I agreed that I shouldve done it differently.

Any inquiries about this matter (TOFU/ATN/anyone) are welcome in my PM. Just 2 days ago I said this was one of the more interesting warthreads, so lets focus on the banter rather than the arguments and insults.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby rockfist on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 am

While I understand what you mean, I'm here at TOFU for the long run. I think highly of us in the long run. That doesn't mean I think we are the best at all times or should be (no one should be). Like clans I have ebbs and flows to my play as does just about everyone. My clan mates know that about me.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby hopalong on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:00 pm

woh - things calmed down for canadia day. we dew have that calming effect, us canadians.
Major hopalong

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:31 am

That's aboot right eh

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Arama86n on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:00 am

<3 Canadians

Though to be fair, most Americans I've known in different clans on the internet over the years have been humble, delightful, awesome people. Not anything like the common perception of Americans in Europe, and in much of the world.
Though granted, It might have something to do with my choice of clanmates/teammates over the years, but still.

But yeah, Canadians are superior ;)
Major Arama86n

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:29 am

Indeed :D

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:54 pm

I must say you do a good job in this war TOFU
Lieutenant 2007spaceodyssey

Postby Arama86n on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:20 am

Kind of you to say so, Sir.
Major Arama86n

Postby hopalong on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:16 am

gw, ATN. multiply some more (catch it on cam), and look us up next ear!
Major hopalong

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:28 am

Yeah, the first half was a lot closer but you ran away with it in the second set. Props to you guys, we always knew it would be a tough fight. ATN are focusing internally at the minute and you'll see some changes coming along shortly. Well played.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am

25-13

GG gents.
Good luck moving forward.
Major Arama86n

Postby rockfist on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Good war. I hope you reconsider playing CL.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby loutil on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:49 pm

While we clearly had a few personality clashes...all in all a great battle fought well on both sides.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:33 pm

rockfist wrote:Good war. I hope you reconsider playing CL.

It's not really our style, but I'll run it by the team when sign ups are open.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 am

On behalf of The Odd Fellows Union I wish to publicly congratulate Dako on his recent wedding, and wish him all the best enjoying his honeymoon!!
To call him a cornerstone of this clan would the understatement of the century.
Thanks a million for your unparalleled commitment over the years Dako, and we pray that you will be around these halls for many years to come.
Major Arama86n

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 am

Congrats Dako!

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:01 am

Looks like this one is wrapped up now. About a week too late for the August update, but it should be worth a nice ranking boost in September. It will be interesting to see if it's enough o push us over TOP just yet.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 am

Doc_Brown wrote:Looks like this one is wrapped up now. About a week too late for the August update, but it should be worth a nice ranking boost in September. It will be interesting to see if it's enough o push us over TOP just yet.

Over S&M, probably. TOP needs to drop some points before we can catch them, or we need a decisive win over S&M. I dont see us winning this (vs S&M, red.) with a large enough margin to leap over TOP.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:34 am

Lol, we just stop paying attention once the victory or loss is confirmed. Often makes things look worse than they were. Good war etc.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: [CC7] TOFU (33) vs ATN (16) - TOFU Wins! - Final 8/8/17

Postby groovysmurf on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Databases updated, privileges removed, medals awarded, topic moved
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Previous

Return to Complete Challenges