Conquer Club

KOA vs ThePack - [Final] KOA 14 - ThePack 27

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: KOA vs ThePack - [Ongoing] KOA 7 - ThePack 15

Postby DresdenSooner on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 am

Lubawski wrote:
DresdenSooner wrote:You know just the other day I went out to the grocery store to buy some snacks for my kids. When I got there, the store was almost full, and I didn't know why so many people were there. I had to swim through the sea of people to get to the snack aisle. Finally after much complaining from the crowd (I'm a pretty big guy, and I may have stepped on some people) I could pick out some chips and salsa. Unfortunately, I had to take the off brand because the store was practically sold out. Having gathered my stuff I made my way through the great mass of people toward the check out stand. After I paid for my stuff and made it back out of the door, I asked a guy going into the store why there was a run on the store. He looked me in the eye with much joy and said, "Haven't you heard?!?! Eddie2 has been banned and everyone is celebrating! It's party TIME! WOOT!" With much joy in my heart I returned home and shared the good news.

DS

MegasWoman wrote:This is not the "lets discuss Eddie and his ban" thread. If one is needed, go create one.

I'm wasn't discussing it, I was celebrating it. Is that splitting hairs? Maybe.

DS
Highest Rank: Major May24,2010
Sergeant 1st Class DresdenSooner

Postby MegasWoman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:28 am

No worries Dres. He must not have anything better to do than monitor our war thread. That was a good story-I hope the kids appreciated your persistence in getting them a snack!

stay tuned for the KOA comeback!!!
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby jefjef on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 am

John Deere wrote:did you expect any thing less Lubawski? Oh and wondergirl, i like how you update your wins same day but take 3 days to update ours, and then the week it takes to even get our games listed....I bet you guys have people lining up to battle with you....

The poly wars was recorded as a Pack win before I was eliminated. The day before it ended. Our Gazala win hasn't been recorded yet. Your complaints have more holes than...

We have 3 wars lined up already =D>

Well you have a nice day Dear.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby MegasWoman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 pm

I don't think our napoleon win is recorded yet either...or a couple others....yep...comeback time! ITS ALL CUZ OF DICE!!! yes we know-GO DICE GO!
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby Great-Ollie on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 pm

You two are so oblivious lol. We only need 6 wins and we easy have them coming.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby MegasWoman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:You two are so oblivious lol. We only need 6 wins and we easy have them coming.

Yep! We like it in our oblivious world where only dice can win us games!!
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby Great-Ollie on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Whatever you two quit egging me on, you guys are playing really good, don't ruin that by blaming the dice on our losses. KOA is making the score look a lot better, but the fact is we were to far ahead going into rd 2.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby IcePack on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:38 pm

I agree, I think it'll be close but that start really gave Pack an edge. There were a few I was sure we would win and didn't. As originally predicted I think it'll end close, just not as close as I thought.

Little belt tightening should go a long way on next clan war.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack

Postby jefjef on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:Whatever you two quit egging me on, you guys are playing really good, don't ruin that by blaming the dice on our losses. KOA is making the score look a lot better, but the fact is we were to far ahead going into rd 2.

You egg yourself on Ollie. Yes we have had improved random for round 2. We also realize that games can not be won by rolling just ones. ;)

Yes the fact is you were far ahead from round 1. You all had far better random. So good that I know of 4 games that went from a good roll and wins for KOA to no dice and magic rolls from the Pack.

KOA!
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Re: KOA vs ThePack - [Ongoing] KOA 4 - ThePack 12

Postby 40kguy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 pm

greenoaks wrote:
jpcloet wrote:
40kguy wrote:this does not deserve a ban.

Not by itself. However, due to the history behind this and previous events, a forum vacation was issued due to ignoring a previous warning.

does a forum ban mean he can't post in his clan forum too ?

he cant read his PM's either. JP he was asking a question so he could help out his clan, it wasn't like he was flaming or anything against normal rules.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby MegasWoman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Geez i'm not egging anyone on-I was having some fun in the thread. OOOPS not allowed...not like i've never won a clan war before..just got my medal for clan war WIN NUMBER 7...woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant MegasWoman

Re: KOA vs ThePack - [Ongoing] KOA 4 - ThePack 12

Postby jefjef on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:54 pm

40kguy wrote:he cant read his PM's either. JP he was asking a question so he could help out his clan, it wasn't like he was flaming or anything against normal rules.

OFF TOPIC.

This thread is not the place for you to have this discussion.

jpcloet wrote:People really need to stick to their own business

=D>
Colonel jefjef

Postby Great-Ollie on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

jefjef wrote:
Great-Ollie wrote:Whatever you two quit egging me on, you guys are playing really good, don't ruin that by blaming the dice on our losses. KOA is making the score look a lot better, but the fact is we were to far ahead going into rd 2.

You egg yourself on Ollie. Yes we have had improved random for round 2. We also realize that games can not be won by rolling just ones. ;)

Yes the fact is you were far ahead from round 1. You all had far better random. So good that I know of 4 games that went from a good roll and wins for KOA to no dice and magic rolls from the Pack.

KOA!

I truly believe we have the better communicating clan. That is why we are undefeated in quads. Random may play in to effect in doubles and maybe even trips a little more. The true team games are seen in quads. Dice are less a factor there.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby jefjef on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:
jefjef wrote:

KOA!

I truly believe we have the better communicating clan. That is why we are undefeated in quads. Random may play in to effect in doubles and maybe even trips a little more. The true team games are seen in quads. Dice are less a factor there.

Really. You mean that Iwo quads where green was at one tert with a kill pile next to it that he went on a killing spree with nothing or that Oasis quads that green was at 1 tert with many attempts at elimination that he managed to have spectacular defender dice or that WWII europe where your teams dice came to life?

Yes Ollie you all appear to communicate well and mostly played well. So did we. It boils down to random. Can't win without it. I know I can't. Neither can you.

Random in quads is as important as it is anywhere else. The drop. The reinforcement connections. The dice. Blah blah blah.

It's an internet game Ollie. A manipulated one as far as I can tell. No need to thump your chest.
Colonel jefjef

Postby sdh on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 pm

who manipulates it? :-s
Major sdh

Postby Great-Ollie on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 pm

jefjef wrote:
Great-Ollie wrote:
jefjef wrote:

KOA!

Really. You mean that Iwo quads where green was at one tert with a kill pile next to it that he went on a killing spree with nothing or that Oasis quads that green was at 1 tert with many attempts at elimination that he managed to have spectacular defender dice or that WWII europe where your teams dice came to life?

Yes Ollie you all appear to communicate well and mostly played well. So did we. It boils down to random. Can't win without it. I know I can't. Neither can you.

Random in quads is as important as it is anywhere else. The drop. The reinforcement connections. The dice. Blah blah blah.

It's an internet game Ollie. A manipulated one as far as I can tell. No need to thump your chest.

So what your saying is the really good clans have really amazing luck to remain at the top? Please dude it is a lot to do with strategy and team play. Random may factor in but why is THOTA so good then? They must have best drops and dice on site to remain undefeated according to your philosophy.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby MegasWoman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 pm

ALL of it plays in....drops, dice, strategy-and if you can get all three of 'em you'll never lose. But dang it's much funner when you get the dice cuz lord knows I have gotten some awesome drops-and then the dice are crap and game over. Frustrating. Addicting. Annoying. Thrilling. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Dice and drops are nice, and there are situations where you can't come back from them. I'd say overall the influence is around 10-dice 30-drop 60-strategy. Obviously, it'll change for each game, but they can still be fun. Good luck in any remaining games, KOA. I was absent for most of the war, but when we play again I'll be more than happy to be your opponent. May the dice be with you :),

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby DresdenSooner on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Look everyone, we all know how to play and sometimes the dice simply don't go in your favor. JJ's right about that Oasis game. if we had had even decent dice, we would have been a man up and easily one the game. Who doesn't go for the kill when it's there for the taking?

Obviously we have to play as a team, but even good team play can be thwarted by the dice. I don't know about THOTA, maybe they have the special cheat code for excellent dice. Who cares. We simply lost too many games in the first round, but clearly we are making this a contest.

Both sides have played well, I have enjoyed he banter, and I look forward to our next clan war, and may the Pack lose forever more.

KOA
Highest Rank: Major May24,2010
Sergeant 1st Class DresdenSooner

Postby MegasWoman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Oh c'mon Dres...we are having a nice civil conversation here. Where's the salsa? I think you need to make another snack run. And we're running low on beer.
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby lynch5762 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 pm

DresdenSooner wrote:Look everyone, we all know how to play and sometimes the dice simply don't go in your favor. JJ's right about that Oasis game. if we had had even decent dice, we would have been a man up and easily one the game. Who doesn't go for the kill when it's there for the taking?

Obviously we have to play as a team, but even good team play can be thwarted by the dice. I don't know about THOTA, maybe they have the special cheat code for excellent dice. Who cares. We simply lost too many games in the first round, but clearly we are making this a contest.

Both sides have played well, I have enjoyed he banter, and I look forward to our next clan war, and may the Pack lose forever more.

KOA

I have to disagree concerning the oasis quad... dont talk about dice here... in the very first move of the game blue took 2 green regions... 6 v 6 and lost one.... we then spent the rest of the game making sure we protected green until we got the the chance to strike... so in summary.... pure stradegy and if dice were in favor of anyone in that game it was KOA
Captain lynch5762

Postby MegasWoman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 pm

lynch5762 wrote:
DresdenSooner wrote:Look everyone, we all know how to play and sometimes the dice simply don't go in your favor. JJ's right about that Oasis game. if we had had even decent dice, we would have been a man up and easily one the game. Who doesn't go for the kill when it's there for the taking?

KOA

I have to disagree concerning the oasis quad... dont talk about dice here... in the very first move of the game blue took 2 green regions... 6 v 6 and lost one.... we then spent the rest of the game making sure we protected green until we got the the chance to strike... so in summary.... pure stradegy and if dice were in favor of anyone in that game it was KOA

Incorrect. We had golden dice and got green down to 1 tert and we COULD NOT kill him due to complete dice failure 4 different turns-4 different spots. That wasn't strategy dude-that was saving your guys ass-a given when 1 team mate is down to 1 tert.
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:58 am

MegasWoman wrote:
lynch5762 wrote:

KOA

Incorrect. We had golden dice and got green down to 1 tert and we COULD NOT kill him due to complete dice failure 4 different turns-4 different spots. That wasn't strategy dude-that was saving your guys ass-a given when 1 team mate is down to 1 tert.

Really, the one thing that cost you guys that game was when we took an Oasis and you failed to pick the right one to break, likely because lynch had intentionally taken an extra desert spot to lead you guys to believe we had taken the one on the other side of the board. Ever since that happened there was a clear turn in the game and we were able to use those extra 3 troops to finally claw our way back and eventually win the game. If it wasn't for lynch planning that move three turns in advance and executing it the way he did, you guys would have easily won the game. That move had nothing to do with dice and everything to do with strategy.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Re: KOA vs ThePack - [Ongoing] KOA 10 - ThePack 15

Postby MegasWoman on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:51 am

Puhlease...we were not after an Oasis for two rounds. Had we had even decent dice green would have been out of the game and that game was ours. your +2 Oasis bonus was not a game decider.
Sergeant MegasWoman

Re: KOA vs ThePack - [Ongoing] KOA 10 - ThePack 15

Postby jefjef on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 am

I see The Packs amazing strategy reared it's head today in a couple of my games. Killing piles without piles and loss. Guess we shoulda went with the golden dice strategy.
Colonel jefjef

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges