Conquer Club

[CC2]-THOTA vs. BPB [24-17 of 41] THOTA WIN Final

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC2]-THOTA vs. BPB [0-0 of 41]

Postby Leehar on Fri May 13, 2011 11:34 am

Robinette wrote:So is there no score yet?

The title is still 0-0 of 41

Can we have a war correspondent from both groups give an update please...

Yeah, there are a few leads here and there, but the only kills so far are 2 each from Trestain and General Mojo and 1 other from eddymush. Thota's only death so far is the afore-mentioned post from Seb off BYR.
I wonder who's got the most frags?

Btw, if you're interested in updates on these and other stories, stay tuned to the CC Dispatch for all your needs. :geek:
Advertising fees, and bribes already paid out to relevant CD's
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby nikola_milicki on Fri May 13, 2011 5:32 pm

u guys shud know that the score in the thread title changes only when games are done done :)
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby keyborn on Fri May 13, 2011 7:16 pm

game 8986805 goes to THOTA

1-0 THOTA
Brigadier keyborn

Postby owenshooter on Sat May 14, 2011 12:38 am

nikola_milicki wrote:u guys shud know that the score in the thread title changes only when games are done done :)

we are a social clan, this is our first challenge, we have no idea how any of this works.-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: [CC2]-THOTA vs. BPB [1-0 of 41]

Postby squishyg on Sat May 14, 2011 6:11 pm

if only we had central leadership... damn frat house...
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Big Whiskey on Sun May 15, 2011 1:14 pm

2nd batch of games have been sent to the Bpb.Good luck all in the final set of games.
General Big Whiskey

Postby owenshooter on Sun May 15, 2011 3:28 pm

someone from the other side showed up!!! hey!!! sending you games straight away, BW...thanks for your patience!!-the bigger blacker whiskey
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby clapper011 on Sun May 15, 2011 4:02 pm

good luck to both clans :)
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Re: [CC2]-TH*TA vs. The Sexy Bastards [1-0 of 41]

Postby owenshooter on Sun May 15, 2011 5:21 pm

clapper011 wrote:good luck to both clans :)

thanks clappy! the games have been sent to TH*TA, we have received theirs, and we are moving forward... should be an exciting round 2, even if we are the only ones posting in this thread!!!-the black clapper
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby keyborn on Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm

THOTA wins game 8988763

2-0 THOTA
Brigadier keyborn

Postby nikola_milicki on Sun May 15, 2011 6:55 pm

keyborn wrote:THOTA wins game 8988763

2-0 THOTA

sweet!

and owen shud be pleased too :D
Colonel nikola_milicki

Re: [CC2]-TH*TA vs. The Sexy Bastards [2-0 of 41]

Postby owenshooter on Mon May 16, 2011 2:04 pm

what a challenge... a few bans, some stern warnings, one side over reporting posts due to the other daring to mention banned members and their various transgressions, some mods losing their minds, and now an avatar rule change!!!! ground breaking stuff going on around here...-the black jasper
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: [CC2]-THOTA vs. BPB [2-0 of 41]

Postby Leehar on Mon May 16, 2011 2:10 pm

owenshooter wrote:what a challenge... a few bans, some stern warnings, one side over reporting posts due to the other daring to mention banned members and their various transgressions, some mods losing their minds, and now an avatar rule change!!!! ground breaking stuff going on around here...-the black jasper

So you're telling me there was never an intention to bring the war into disrepute? Surprising, I thought the last 10 pages meant otherwise...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Fruitcake on Mon May 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Leehar wrote:
owenshooter wrote:what a challenge... a few bans, some stern warnings, one side over reporting posts due to the other daring to mention banned members and their various transgressions, some mods losing their minds, and now an avatar rule change!!!! ground breaking stuff going on around here...-the black jasper

So you're telling me there was never an intention to bring the war into disrepute? Surprising, I thought the last 10 pages meant otherwise...

The intention was never to bring the war into disrepute as you quaintly put it. The intention was, and is, simply to ensure this is a no holds bare knuckle scrap. However, you will find the relative peace in the games while the teams focus on their battles and their strategies. This forum is simply the window dressing. I am surprised you would think otherwise, I thought you to be more shrewd than your comment would suggest.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Leehar on Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Fruitcake wrote:
Leehar wrote:

The intention was never to bring the war into disrepute as you quaintly put it. The intention was, and is, simply to ensure this is a no holds bare knuckle scrap. However, you will find the relative peace in the games while the teams focus on their battles and their strategies. This forum is simply the window dressing. I am surprised you would think otherwise, I thought you to be more shrewd than your comment would suggest.

I've actually already previously indicated as such, but aren't the complaints owen just raised in regard to forum misdemeanors as opposed to battlefield drudgery?
However, it's not like wars haven't already been won in the forums instead of in-game heroics, so this isn't complete sideshow, and even though it may perhaps not have a direct impact on the end result, the fetid air does end up being a bit distasteful
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby owenshooter on Mon May 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Leehar wrote:

i'm not really that concerned with what a member of the "Book Club" clan is concerned with...-the black made you look like a sucker
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon May 16, 2011 10:43 pm

Leehar wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
Leehar wrote:

I've actually already previously indicated as such, but aren't the complaints owen just raised in regard to forum misdemeanors as opposed to battlefield drudgery?
However, it's not like wars haven't already been won in the forums instead of in-game heroics, so this isn't complete sideshow, and even though it may perhaps not have a direct impact on the end result, the fetid air does end up being a bit distasteful

Distasteful? I would hope so!! Thota (and its members) are the enemy...and have been ever since it became clear we would play them. We want to win, we want our antics to have a demoralising effect...we want to piss Thota off.

But it is all just in fun. Team CC needs to realise that the forum is a part of the battle and that as long as we aren't breaking the general forum rules nothing should be censured. The avatar issue is a case in point.

What is Team CC saying on this..that it is against the rules to be nasty?
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Fruitcake on Tue May 17, 2011 12:56 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
Leehar wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
Leehar wrote:

Distasteful? I would hope so!! Thota (and its members) are the enemy...and have been ever since it became clear we would play them. We want to win, we want our antics to have a demoralising effect...we want to piss Thota off.

But it is all just in fun. Team CC needs to realise that the forum is a part of the battle and that as long as we aren't breaking the general forum rules nothing should be censured. The avatar issue is a case in point.

What is Team CC saying on this..that it is against the rules to be nasty?

Well, the question has to be...who actually complained in the first case. For if it was the bunch of nancy boys you and I are playing, then I am not surprised. They would be offended by the wearing of the wrong colour lipstick. You would have thought the absent sitsaholic would be ensuring they wore something suitable. I mean...look at the get ups he has them in here in this film purportedly created by Incandenza:
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie ... 3f552.html

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Re: [CC2]-THOTA vs. BPB [2-1 of 41]

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 am

For if it was the bunch of nancy boys you and I are playing, then I am not surprised.

I am personally all for homosexuals in the armed forces. When one considers how persistantly our opponents have unleashed their little stacks in anger against our big swinging dicks (which we may be shyer with but thrust with all the more determination for that), then one can clearly see that they would be suitable for at least cannon fodder in any major confrontation.

However, let me be clear that I am in no way referring to our honourable opponents as homosexuals...they might well be, but I wouldn't dream of speculating publically on the matter. What I am saying however, is that they have small penises, and that these are reflected in the measly stacks they seem able to generate in trips.

In the end this game is very simple. It is about how big your cock is and how protective you are of your balls.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby JoshyBoy on Tue May 17, 2011 7:20 am

Well I must say, I find the quality of owen's posts to be deteriorating, and not living up to the witty originality I know, respect, and love.
owenshooter wrote:p.s.-jr. mints!!! sorry about your little butts!!!

owenshooter wrote:well i'm t*tally l**king f*rw*rd to an upd*te in the sc*re... m*ybe we sh*uld h*ve a sub c*teg*ry for b*ns, f*rum v*c*ti*ns, etc...-the chocolate wonderwall

On the other hand, Mr. Changsha is keeping the fun going with some fantastic posts like the last one. Bless you sir, bless you.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Re: [CC2]-TH*TA vs. Big Swingin' D***s [2-0 of 41]

Postby owenshooter on Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 am

Leehar wrote:blah, blah, blah

again... let me know when the "Book Club" clan wants to battle, and we'll talk...-the black dewey decimal
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: [CC2]-TH*TA vs. Big Swingin' D***s [2-0 of 41]

Postby Leehar on Tue May 17, 2011 4:57 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Leehar wrote:blah, blah, blah

again... let me know when the "Book Club" clan wants to battle, and we'll talk...-the black dewey decimal

Let me know when you have better things to do then search through someones usergroups in order to make witty quips, that are far from it...
On the other hand, being a social clan yourself, I'm sure you have no dearth of opposition looking to be ambushed by the highwayman you represent, and in the meanwhile I'll try to think of a sufficiently disparaging remark to make on your representation in registered users, or perhaps being a user has maligned you enough.
Nice touch with the glaring pink tho, worthy attempt to prove your manhood, or lack thereof...

Anyway.. I apologize for barging in here and treading on hallowed ground. You did make a good point earlier Mr C, but as I referenced earlier, there was a situation where I believe the forum sledging was instrumental in deciding a challenge between 2 quality clans. It's all well and good to engage in verbal sparring, but when that detracts from the experience to the extent that it results in unfavorable outcomes, it doesn't hurt to curb actions enough so as to lend to an at least tolerable environment (for both the participating clans and the spectators). Owen mentioned over-reporting of posts as a problem here, and sure it's possible a lot of that could have been from your opponents, but there's no denying that others found the discourse here just plain ugly (for want of a better word). There's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun here in the forums, but I believe that sometimes some of the more malicious comments could just be left in the private forums instead of airing them in public.

Nonetheless, fc did mention that the in-game dynamics are peaceful by and large, so hopefully the battle between the 2 good clans you represent will be as enjoyable and exciting as it should be.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby owenshooter on Tue May 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Book Club... Period...-the black jesus
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

I think the fact that members of Thota seem quite unable to post in their own challenge thread, strongly suggests that the BpB ministry of propaganda has done its work well.

Now whether this affects their performance in the games is currently a rather subjective question. Personally I think the overall morale of a team is often just as important as the organisation or the quality of the players. Has Thota's morale been affected by our antics? Well, that's the question and one we won't really be able to answer until we see the overall result.

One could however speculate that the general wetness they have exhibited (in trying to get this thread locked and through now refusing to post at all) does point to them having been rattled by us. It seems to me that a clan that feels uncomfortable in their own challenge thread might well feel similarly in their games and on that basis the BpB will continue to taunt them, to mock and belittle them with all the (quite considerable in this regard) weapons at our disposal.

And why shouldn't we? Their strength in depth is mind-blowing. Yet I feel they are emotionally vulnerable and susceptible to this line of attack. The evidence in this forum suggests it has worked and we will have to see if the BpB can come close (or even beat them) overall.

My final point is that IF the BpB do come close then the art of psychological warfare will have to be considered more seriously by other clans. Thota are inherently weak in this regard, of that i am sure, and in games of war every weakness should be exploited to the maximum. And why are THOTA unusually weak in this area? Because their policy of recruitment is based purely on the ability to win games at a high level, but doesn't seem to take into account the emotional strength or character of a player. It is rather like putting out two central midfielders of immense skill in a champions league final, but then finding the opposition have picked Keana and Viera to face them. Character can trump ability in sport and of course it can in war too. Thota have neglected character, which is why they are strangely vulnerable when attacked in this regard.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby owenshooter on Wed May 18, 2011 1:46 am

Mr Changsha wrote:Thota have neglected character, which is why they are strangely vulnerable when attacked in this regard.

WOAH!! WOAH!! WOAH, CHANGY!!!! i don't think this is fair to say, simply because one of the founders is currently on a one month ban for cheating and another is on a ban for an odd point dump fiasco... let's not hit below the belt...-the black asterisk
Lieutenant owenshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges