Conquer Club

[CL13] Clan League 13 - Main Thread - Completed

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL13] Clan League 13 - Round 3: Dec 5th

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:50 am

JPlo64 wrote:
Sea Devil wrote:In game #21351735 pmul missed his turn intentionally to gain an advantage his following turn. He had 5 spoils at the time he missed his turn. He took his turns in two other games in the same time frame that he missed. And he did gain an advantage eliminating Tenacious D. Is this a violation?

At this time, we see no infraction here.

Can you clarify that you don’t see an infraction here, but it is against the rules to miss turns on purpose. Or you don’t see an infraction because what they did was ok?

The rules seems to indicate what he’s being accused of is against the rules (I haven’t looked at the game or evidence tbh) so I assume it’s more of “we don’t see it was missed intentionally to warrant an infraction” ?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CL13] Clan League 13 - Round 4: Jan 9th

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:28 pm

I was curious and went looking through pmul's games. Game 21351735 is the game in question. His missed turn expired at 3:22am (CCT) on 12/26. I found two incidences of turns taken during the window of 3:22am on 12/25 to 3:22am on 12/26: Game 21306919 with a turn taken at 1:51pm on 12/25 and Game 21128456 with a turn taken at 4:48pm on 12/25. I think it's really tough to make a clear case that this was an intentionally missed turn.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Sea Devil on Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:32 pm

Clandemonium when played with these settings is a stacking game. Pmul was the one being stacked. He missed his turn when he had 5 spoils so he was not forced to cash and his team mates dropped on him giving him a big stack the following turn, which changed the outcome of the game. There were 2 games that he took turns in the time frame. If this tactic is allowed then it is something that will be used more frequently in the future. And why do we have sitters??
Major Sea Devil

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:08 pm

no worries Sea Devil, looks like we have a new strategy of playing as many stack and rush maps as possible. and according to CDs, it's fine.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Fewnix on Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:48 am

Can this thread be closed please.
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby i-andrei on Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:57 am

Fewnix wrote:Can this thread be closed please.

Why close it?
I still got an open question
Captain i-andrei

Postby Lindax on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:09 am

IcePack wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:
Sea Devil wrote:In game #21351735 pmul missed his turn intentionally to gain an advantage his following turn. He had 5 spoils at the time he missed his turn. He took his turns in two other games in the same time frame that he missed. And he did gain an advantage eliminating Tenacious D. Is this a violation?

Can you clarify that you don’t see an infraction here, but it is against the rules to miss turns on purpose. Or you don’t see an infraction because what they did was ok?

The rules seems to indicate what he’s being accused of is against the rules (I haven’t looked at the game or evidence tbh) so I assume it’s more of “we don’t see it was missed intentionally to warrant an infraction” ?

We had this discussion in TOFU recently and I could not find anything in writing on the site that says "intentionally missing a turn" is against the rules.

It is also virtually impossible to prove the "intentionally", unless the person admits to it.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Mad777 on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:56 am

For rules there is links at the bottom of the page besides the policy.

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=rules
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:24 am

Lindax wrote:
IcePack wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:

We had this discussion in TOFU recently and I could not find anything in writing on the site that says "intentionally missing a turn" is against the rules.

It is also virtually impossible to prove the "intentionally", unless the person admits to it.

Lx

OP, under rules and infractions spoiler, third bullet point. Though I agree the intentional part is hard to prove it is listed as a rule: (which is why I asked for clarification)

Rules:
- All the CC and Clan rules will be in effect, unless stated otherwise in this post.
- There will be no 12 hour Fog of War rule in effect. Clans can decide between them if they want to apply it. There will be no enforcement by the TO's.
- Game abuse like purposely running out of time or throwing a game is prohibited.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Intentional miss turn was deemed illegal in previous CL events.

Sea Devil wrote:Clandemonium when played with these settings is a stacking game. Pmul was the one being stacked. He missed his turn when he had 5 spoils so he was not forced to cash and his team mates dropped on him giving him a big stack the following turn, which changed the outcome of the game. There were 2 games that he took turns in the time frame. If this tactic is allowed then it is something that will be used more frequently in the future. And why do we have sitters??

I'm curious on how missing a turn was better than not taking the 5th card in this case.
If green didn't miss a turn he would have had +3 auto deploy and an extra +4 troops on his stack at the beginning of his turn when he went for the kill, since green went to the kill right after his miss.
Alternatively they could have stacked the last player of the team to go instead of the first player.

Therefore I fail to see how missing a turn was a good option to achieve what they did.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby rockfist on Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:20 pm

Given it was over Christmas, unless he admits to it I don't know that I could be convinced it was intentional. If this player or team had a pattern of doing this I might be persuaded, but baring that I don't think so.

But I am not one of the judges here. Just someone who has played a lot of clan games over the years.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Sea Devil on Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 pm

Donelladan wrote:Intentional miss turn was deemed illegal in previous CL events.

Sea Devil wrote:Clandemonium when played with these settings is a stacking game. Pmul was the one being stacked. He missed his turn when he had 5 spoils so he was not forced to cash and his team mates dropped on him giving him a big stack the following turn, which changed the outcome of the game. There were 2 games that he took turns in the time frame. If this tactic is allowed then it is something that will be used more frequently in the future. And why do we have sitters??

I'm curious on how missing a turn was better than not taking the 5th card in this case.
If green didn't miss a turn he would have had +3 auto deploy and an extra +4 troops on his stack at the beginning of his turn when he went for the kill, since green went to the kill right after his miss.
Alternatively they could have stacked the last player of the team to go instead of the first player.

Therefore I fail to see how missing a turn was a good option to achieve what they did.

Green was the one being stacked. It was his turn and he had 5 spoils, so he had to cash and would have been the first one to cash getting 4 troops. Green misses his turn. Red and Blue then cash adding to Green's stack. Greens next turn, he gets 15 troops thus taking out one of his opponents and gaining an advantage from his missed turn. I just want clarification if this tactic is allowed or not. If it is allowed then I will use this in the future and lesson learned.If it's not allowed then it is considered cheating and abuse.
Major Sea Devil

Postby Donelladan on Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:36 pm

I meant - rather than missing a turn he could have decided not to take the 5th cards. Why would he rather miss a turn ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:00 pm

I think the key point is that while intentionally skipping turns is not permitted, you have to prove that this was an intentional miss. The turns he took were 13 hours and 11 hours before this turn was due. With it being Christmas, a miss could have occurred for completely innocent reasons.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:53 pm

rockfist wrote:Given it was over Christmas, unless he admits to it I don't know that I could be convinced it was intentional. If this player or team had a pattern of doing this I might be persuaded, but baring that I don't think so.

i think that about sums it up.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby JPlo64 on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:04 pm

Lindax wrote:
IcePack wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:

Lx

I agree with Lindax.

The only argument is to claim
(A) That intentionally missing a turn is Game Abuse
and
(B) The missed turn was intentional

As stated, (B) is near impossible to prove.
You can't prove intentional missing based only on game activity.
In my own experience, I have played maybe 20+ turns in a row, skipped one, with intention to come back and take it, than forgot and missed. This I have done multiple times.
Even with the difficulty of proving (B), I'm not overwhelmingly convinced of (A).
Major JPlo64

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:55 pm

JPlo64 wrote:
Lindax wrote:
IcePack wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:

Lx

I agree with Lindax.

The only argument is to claim
(A) That intentionally missing a turn is Game Abuse
and
(B) The missed turn was intentional

As stated, (B) is near impossible to prove.
You can't prove intentional missing based only on game activity.
In my own experience, I have played maybe 20+ turns in a row, skipped one, with intention to come back and take it, than forgot and missed. This I have done multiple times.
Even with the difficulty of proving (B), I'm not overwhelmingly convinced of (A).

A is written into the rules of Clan League in the OP? So seems like it shouldn’t be hard to be convinced it’s against the rules / abuse when there’s a rule about intentionally missing turns for the event?

Agreed on B, but this is why I asked for clarification above on the originally ruling / statement.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:03 pm

Fewnix wrote:Can this thread be closed please.

are you stupid?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Lindax on Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:09 am

IcePack wrote:A is written into the rules of Clan League in the OP? So seems like it shouldn’t be hard to be convinced it’s against the rules / abuse when there’s a rule about intentionally missing turns for the event?

Agreed on B, but this is why I asked for clarification above on the originally ruling / statement.

Maybe I'm missing something. I cannot find anything about intentionally missing a turn in this rule:

- Game abuse like purposely running out of time or throwing a game is prohibited.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:36 am

Misunderstood what’s going on, my bad. Reread everything n realized my mistake :)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:49 am

IcePack wrote:Misunderstood what’s going on, my bad. Reread everything n realized my mistake :)

Intentional miss is still game abuse, but it's near impossible to prove the miss was intentional. Missing cards on purpose is easier to prove, and while unintentionally running out of time might still happen, it's not something that happens a lot.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Sea Devil on Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:20 pm

A rule that cannot be enforced or will not be enforced is worthless.
And for what reason then do we have sitters?
Major Sea Devil

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:18 pm

Sea Devil wrote:A rule that cannot be enforced or will not be enforced is worthless.
And for what reason then do we have sitters?

Because missing a singular turn is completely different from missing days of turns (multiple).
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Re: [CL13] Clan League 13 - Play-off Round 5/29

Postby JPlo64 on Sat May 28, 2022 7:49 am

The bottom 3 of Premier Division and the top 3 of Second Division have been decided and we will have our playoff matches start Next Sunday June 5th.
PM's to the participating clans contacts this weekend.

Premier Bottom 3:
S&M
LOW
DBD

Second Top 3:
REP
AWOL
RET

So our matches will be:
S&M vs REP
AWOL vs LOW
DBD vs RET
Major JPlo64

Re: [CL13] Clan League 13 - Play-off Round 5/29

Postby fishydance on Sat May 28, 2022 8:55 am

JPlo64 wrote:The bottom 3 of Premier Division and the top 3 of Second Division have been decided and we will have our playoff matches start Next Sunday May 28th.
PM's to the participating clans contacts this weekend.

Premier Bottom 3:
S&M
LOW
DBD

Second Top 3:
REP
AWOL
RET

So our matches will be:
S&M vs REP
AWOL vs LOW
DBD vs RET