Conquer Club

[CL14] Second Division - LIONs Win - MVP: MTIceman41

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL14] Second Division

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:14 pm

Nah could be betterā€¦always finish the task at hand.

If you only had 4 committed players to finish 2 more clan league games most of second division would be okay. Why wouldnā€™t you ask clan reps then If okay?

Deciding between cup which hasnā€™t started vs 2 more clan league sets is total bs.
I get itā€™s tough running leagues/cup (clan league the hardest imo) and managing egosā€¦but this was a dirty move and I think you guys could have done it better is allā€¦

My suggestion is awol stay in donā€™t join any games and incur infractions thenā€¦there is other ways to bow out imo
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:21 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:Nah could be betterā€¦always finish the task at hand.

If you only had 4 committed players to finish 2 more clan league games most of second division would be okay. Why wouldnā€™t you ask clan reps then If okay?

Deciding between cup which hasnā€™t started vs 2 more clan league sets is total bs.
I get itā€™s tough running leagues/cup (clan league the hardest imo) and managing egosā€¦but this was a dirty move and I think you guys could have done it better is allā€¦

My suggestion is awol stay in donā€™t join any games and incur infractions thenā€¦there is other ways to bow out imo

My suggestion is stay in your lane and deal with what you can deal with. But here. For fun.

A) I dont give a singular fck what you think so your unwanted, useless suggestion goes right into the toilet as does your faux-leadership style comment about finishing a task. It's hollow af.

B) What are you even talking about. We aren't playing multiple clan league weeks with 4 players you fucking dolt, whether someone would let us or not.

C) We have played an entire round of Cup, won, and our second match starts tomorrow. Fck off with your nonsense.

D) Again with your dumbass spouting shit, getting told where to stick it, ignoring what was said and creating your own idiotic narrative. It's got nothing to do with tough - I simply don't have the players to continue cranking out mutliple weeks with 72 slots to fill while also filling a 45 game war vs S&M. If we don't have the players and the players we do have for the most part don't want to play or cannot play, then I am not forcing them to because, well, I can't nor would I. This is not my job, it's a fucking game, our team has folded for a variety of factors and the fact that we are continuing to play ANY competition and continued to attempt to finish league when I was told multiple rounds ago that we couldn't finish is a testament to our desire not to wholly abandon everything. Unfortunately, sacrifices had to be made.

E) WHY DO YOU CARE? You've already stated you only wanted to win your Cup matchup which you lost - to a very good team btw. By your own admission, you didn't really care about your league games unless it was REP or AWOL, which is a stupid ass strategy because now you're complaining that you might lose League because you didn't try very hard against the other teams? This is a completely absurd argument based on your own comments. My suggestion to you would be next time, play all your games like they matter and you won't have to cry about shit that is outside of your control.

What's that? You don't care what I think about your strategy? Huh. The feeling is mutual.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:53 pm

Anger issues I know some therapistsā€¦.maybe reasons why people leave???
Nope you guys went dirty just own it and move on
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:I wasn't going to reply but some of this is too easy. Let's start here.

Keefie wrote:I hope that the leaders of Awol are refused privs for any future wars / clan competitions.

Yes, excellent logic - ban caff, myself and andrei from running a clan forever because our clan fell apart in the middle of multiple competitions and we had to drop out of one. This is clearly a lifetime ban offense - there are so many people lining up to be a part of clans, you can absolutely afford to just start punting people. I can't speak for Caff's history or andrei's but this is an unfortunate first for me. Fcking clown. Moving on.

Yeah, that sounds a bit harsh to permanent barring for future competitions.

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
Huyuk wrote:But it happens with only two rounds left. I don't see quitting if awol was un first positions. Because Lost games take down motivation. Ok accepted. But the penalties need to be severe. And obvius can't play others tourneys right now.

davekettering wrote:This whole decision should go through CAT. Either they are in or they are out. 2 rounds left to go. If they cant man up to play 2 rounds then they should forfeit out of CC also.

Yes, this makes tons of sense. You're mad that we had to drop out of one competition, so you would force us to drop out of another as well. The backwards stupidity of these statements is hilarious. As for quitting if we were in first, I mean, we would because WE CAN'T FIELD A TEAM. ffs.

Nut Shot Scott wrote:All that said, we don't owe most of you anything but here it is because I'm feeling generous.

It's been held together with toe lint for the last month and we were already a small clan, I've been trying to keep it going and it just won't go - between players leaving for other clans, leaving CC, guys who were previously max games down to 1 or 2, people refusing to play with certain players and just the fact that it's a fckin game and real life has people on game limits, a choice was required. We finish league or we finish cup. I chose Cup. F^ck off if you don't like it, it wasn't your choice to make. Am I happy about any of this? Of course not, why would I be? Certainly we didn't plan for this to happen.

Hey, I'm really bummed to hear that AWOL is at the point where it is hard to field a team, especially with 2 rounds to go in the CL. That really is unfortunate. I've been there, so I understand how difficult it can be sometimes to find 10 actual people to play sometimes.

Did anyone discuss any other options besides withdrawal, like potentially fielding the maximum amount of games that you could, but where the games that players hit the max limit may be auto-awarded to the other team (a.k.a., AWOL would start at a hypothetical 0-2 deficit because they would not have enough players to field 2 games due to limits but would be able to field 10 games)? At least that gives AWOL a fighting chance to compete and not forfeit CL14. Or maybe other clans would understand your situation and not want you to incur the penalty if you could only field 8 players. I know you guys have already made up your mind, and I definitely don't want to speak for how many games you should be able to handle. That's not what I'm trying to do here. I'm just trying to throw something out there that may compromise for everyone involved. You would figure there is some grey in the black and white spectrum somewhere that can be easily achieved. The CD Team should very easily be able to help you with this if they desire. Let me know if this is just pure conjecture at this point on my part.

While the rules are cut and dry on future CL15 regarding a clan's withdrawal, wouldn't there be some room for leniency in an appeal? If the onus is on fielding a team due to multiple events, that doesn't sound like malice. One could argue the original intent of the rule was to prevent the former point of "I just don't feel like it" versus "Can someone find a 10th player to play." If you had enough to play CL14 and sign up for CC13, but an active drop in player count in AWOL happened before the games started over a certain period of time, shouldn't some judgment be warranted that determines the intent here, enough to not prevent any competition in the future? My hope is that AWOL appeals this and the CD Team grants this appeal for future Clan Events.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:33 am

MTIceman41 wrote:Nope you guys went dirty just own it and move on

how stupid do you have to be to actually believe this lol
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:52 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:I wasn't going to reply but some of this is too easy. Let's start here.

Keefie wrote:I hope that the leaders of Awol are refused privs for any future wars / clan competitions.

Yes, excellent logic - ban caff, myself and andrei from running a clan forever because our clan fell apart in the middle of multiple competitions and we had to drop out of one. This is clearly a lifetime ban offense - there are so many people lining up to be a part of clans, you can absolutely afford to just start punting people. I can't speak for Caff's history or andrei's but this is an unfortunate first for me. Fcking clown. Moving on.

The rules regarding war privileges are very clear:

To qualify for privileges:

1. Approved by the Clan Leader (I will ask that leaders post an approval of the person starting the war thread, along with the opposing leader posting their nominee for rights)
2. Have no abandoned tournaments/clan wars within the past year
3. Have a Premium Account
4. Be in good standing with the site (eg. no other account issues)

So a one year ban can be expected.

You say your clan fell apart and you couldn't complete two more rounds of CL14, yet you are going to play S&M in CC. You expect to do this without any future consequences !!!!!!! I think the rules should be applied and your leaders are banned from getting privs for one year.
Colonel Keefie

Postby Lindax on Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:10 am

Keefie wrote:

1. Approved by the Clan Leader (I will ask that leaders post an approval of the person starting the war thread, along with the opposing leader posting their nominee for rights)

You say your clan fell apart and you couldn't complete two more rounds of CL14, yet you are going to play S&M in CC. You expect to do this without any future consequences !!!!!!! I think the rules should be applied and your leaders are banned from getting privs for one year.

I never thought l would say this: l agree with Keefie.

Clan leaders and the clan should be banned from privileges for a while.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby *Pixar* on Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:12 am

This was taken from Tribe are Multis Event...

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Just an unbelievable dumbfuck. How do you manage to breathe?

This event requires like 4 players. Total. AW has plenty and is playing Tribal Cup, so I don't think they're hurting to find a few replacements.

How "IRON"ic LOL
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:36 am

The nice thing about all this is itā€™s all covered in the rules. Nobody needs to weigh in on an opinion piece here.

Drop out regardless of the circumstances - in the rules.

Privies - in the rules.

Next clan competition - rules.

This should be easy everyone. Take a deep breathe and realize people got stuff in life and itā€™s a game. But on the flip side, you sort of have to show lifeā€™s waters are calmer before joining back up.

These were adopted cuz of situations exactly like this, not a unique thing or the first time this has happened.

Iā€™m sure the CDā€™s got this, and if it wields undesirable results you can always take it to CAT to get those changed in the future.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am

MTIceman41 wrote:Anger issues I know some therapistsā€¦.maybe reasons why people leave???
Nope you guys went dirty just own it and move on

Yet again. No actual response, just some stupid meaningless comment because you cant actually put up an intelligent response of any kind.

I used to defend you but you're as fuckin stupid as people say you are. What does "went dirty" mean, do you think? You think I purposely made people have issues in real life that required them to leave CC or reduce their game counts? You think we told people to all of a sudden get into a fight so they dont want to play together? I decided that certain players should stop paying attention, miss turns and be unable to commit? I seem like I dont give a shit? I spent countless hours creating some things like HOF, clan league rankings, helping to recruit players into clans (not using it as a personal recruiting tool like you tried to do) only to make sure that my clan folded, in the middle of competition to boot? You think this was a plan?

"Ok guys, lets make a clan, compete for a couple of years, then in the middle of clan league we'll quit just so Icemans new clan who isnt trying to win clan league anyways will feel screwed! It'll be brilliant!" - You're. An. Idiot.

*Pixar* wrote:This was taken from Tribe are Multis Event...

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Just an unbelievable dumbfuck. How do you manage to breathe?

This event requires like 4 players. Total. AW has plenty and is playing Tribal Cup, so I don't think they're hurting to find a few replacements.

How "IRON"ic LOL

I mean. Are you equating a tribal tournament that has 3 games at a time, like once every 45 days, to having to fill 144 slots and another 45 games in the span of a few weeks? Also, that was about you dumbasses trying to play in an event for a tribe you arent in. So they are not even close to the same thing but try again you dumb f*ck.

Keefie wrote:

You moron. First, you didnt say that. You said "any future war". That implies permanent. A one year ban is different. Dipshit.

Also, again, how does making us quit a competition fix your issues? You want us to create the same issue in a different competiiton for why? Because you're a fucking dumbass who doesnt understand simple logic?

Some of you people are just too stupid to be bothered with. Bunch of fuckin gas station attendants drinking from the pumps.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:15 am

i'm mostly abstaining from commenting because i got banned for calling someone "extremely cringe". i do however agree with everything scott has said (plus ice and don).
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby shoop76 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:21 am

I am going to lock this for now as nothing constructive is being added to the issue at hand.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:34 pm

Ok,

So this is the final word on this.

AWOL has dropped out of CL14, as the rules state clearly, their results are null and void. There will be no changes to this decision for CL14. For future clan league, the rule can be changed by going through CAT. If you wish to see a change on how the rule is handled, contact your CAT rep and have them make a post.

I am sorry this is to LION's disadvantage, that sucks, I wish it had no effect at all but it does, unfortunately.

As for the punishment,

As the rule state.

AWOL is not eligible for CL15 unless the problems that lead to this situation are fixed to the satisfaction of the CD team. I don't see a world where we will be approving AWOL for CL15 so consider them banned.

AWOL's contacts, iAmCaffeine and Nut Shot Scott, have also received a 6-month ban from holding privs due to abandoning the tournament.

This thread is going to stay locked for the next 48 hours. When it becomes unlocked we will not be using it as a place to complain about this ruling. Any complaints can be PM'ed to me directly.

Cayman
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Caymanmew on Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:21 pm

Ok, the thread is now unlocked.

Few things,

1) No more flaming, baiting, or trolling, offenders will be given a short vacation. Everyone who chooses to post in this thread should consider themselves officially warned.

2) The decision here is made and final, this is not the place to be discussing alternate "solutions" or "ideas". have your clan rep create a CAT post about possible changes to the rules if you would like to see change.

3) This isn't a complaint thread, we not going to allow this thread to be used to vent frustrations about the ruling. Feel free to talk about the standings, upcoming matches, etc, but if you are just here to complain about what has happened, you'll find yourself removed.

As always, feel free to PM me your complaints or thoughts,
Cayman
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:14 pm

excited to see how the league finishes!
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:29 pm

This whole saga makes me sad. I wish it hadn't happened.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:02 pm

rockfist wrote:This whole saga makes me sad. I wish it hadn't happened.

i think i can add a +4 or +5 to that
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Devante on Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:18 pm

Agreed
Major Devante

Postby Lindax on Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:56 am

Caymanmew wrote:Everyone who chooses to post in this thread should consider themselves officially warned.

Cayman

Funny innit?

It started as being "open", "transparent", "we can discuss anything".

Food for thought.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:11 am

Lindax wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:Everyone who chooses to post in this thread should consider themselves officially warned.

Cayman

Funny innit?

Food for thought.

Lx

Fine, I'll take the bait. The food for thought is the context you've chosen to remove from your post.
1) No more flaming, baiting, or trolling, offenders will be given a short vacation. Everyone who chooses to post in this thread should consider themselves officially warned.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Lindax on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:53 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Cayman

Funny innit?

Food for thought.

Lx

Fine, I'll take the bait. The food for thought is the context you've chosen to remove from your post.

Lol. Doesn't change the second sentence though.

Guess we are officially warned.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby detlef on Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:41 pm

Lindax wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Cayman

Funny innit?

Food for thought.

Lx

Lol. Doesn't change the second sentence though.

Guess we are officially warned.

Lx

Ah but it does change the 2nd sentence though. Taken alone, that sentence just makes him look like he doesn't want anyone talking about anything. But paired with the part you omitted he's saying "don't do these things and you've all now been warned so you can't play dumb if you do." Seems rather cut and dry to me.
Colonel detlef

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:32 pm

Round 9 Home
RET has asked for and been granted a 24 hour extension.

LION has made no games and did not request an extension. They have received an infraction and will receive another if games are not made, with invites sent by 23:59 CCT 4/3/23.

Update 00:30 CCT 4/4/23:
LION has requested and been granted a late extension. Their 1st infraction stands, but they will now have until 23:59 CCT 4/4/23 to create their games, with invites sent.

Round 9 Away
LION will have an extra 24 hours to fill the RET home games.

RET will have an extra 48 hours (as of now) to fill the LION home games.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Round 10 Home
DBD has asked for and been granted a 24 hour extension.

Updated 4/24/23 15:00 CCT - REP is receiving an infraction for not having players invited to any of their home games. If still no invites out by 23:59 CCT 4/25/23, another infraction will be given.

Round 10 Away
RET will have an extra 24 hours to fill the DBD home games.

Update 5/1/23 13:20 CCT - DBD has no invites out for their away games and no request for an extension. They are receiving an infraction, their 4th, and will receive another if games are not filled AND started by 23:59 CCT 5/2/23.

Update 5/3/23 19:00 CCT - DBD have received their 5th infraction. They now have until 5/4/23 23:59 CCT to fill or they will be expelled from the competition and will not be able to join next season. :(
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges