Conquer Club

SUCCESS - (often comes with negative side effects)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: SUCCESS - (often comes with negative side effects)

Postby loutil on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:41 am

After reading this thread I came to realize that this is 20 minutes of my life that I cannot ever get back...
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rockfist on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 pm

loutil wrote:After reading this thread I came to realize that this is 20 minutes of my life that I cannot ever get back...

And at your age, with the way you've treated your liver (cough milk thistle cough) what is that like half of what you have left?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:29 pm

loutil wrote:After reading this thread I came to realize that this is 20 minutes of my life that I cannot ever get back...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Major JPlo64

Postby PaulatPeace on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Profound my brother! Nor can any of us .... regarding any thread we ever read, or any endeavor we choose to pursue or any dream we choose to follow. Time stands still for no man. But then, there are those who say time is not real! Make your choices with deliberation!

Paul
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby rockfist on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:52 pm

Time passes more slowly for Lou than it does for the rest of the CC world due to the immense gravitational pull of the objects he lifts in his other hobby ;)
Brigadier rockfist

Postby loutil on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:29 pm

rockfist wrote:Time passes more slowly for Lou than it does for the rest of the CC world due to the immense gravitational pull of the objects he lifts in his other hobby ;)

:lol: , that is wrong on so many levels...well played 8-) .
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby loutil on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:34 pm

PaulatPeace wrote:

Profound my brother! Nor can any of us .... regarding any thread we ever read, or any endeavor we choose to pursue or any dream we choose to follow. Time stands still for no man. But then, there are those who say time is not real! Make your choices with deliberation!

Paul

Time is real, it just has no beginning or end. It is a simple quantum correction to general relativity 8-) .
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby PaulatPeace on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Time is real, it just has no beginning or end. It is a simple quantum correction to general relativity 8-) .

There are of course many perceptions as the what "real" actually is. Debating the issue is often simply a sharing of ideas, which is always a positive thing. I will share just a few ideas others have offered:

- ā€œIt appeared that each observer must have his own measure of time, as recorded by a clock carried with him, and that identical clocks carried by different observers would not necessarily agree.ā€
Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time

- "...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."
Albert Einstein

- ā€œI have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.ā€
Alan Watts

- "The world of time is the world of illusion."". . . time does not really exist. "There is no past or future, and the idea of birth into a body has no meaning either once or many times."". . . you think you live in space, where concepts such as 'up' and 'down' are meaningful. Ultimately, space is as meaningless as time. Both are merely beliefs."
A Course In Miracles

- ā€œYou have the sight now Neo, you are looking at the world without time.ā€
The Oracle in The Matrix

Paul
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:16 pm

I wonder if a clan is so intimidating, and enjoys so much success, that they PM public potential candidates of other clans to dissuade them from joining said clan.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:24 pm

pretty greasy - the plot thickens... :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby rockfist on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:50 am

I can't imagine that working very well, but its each of your own worlds so do whatever suits you.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:16 am

rockfist wrote:I can't imagine that working very well, but its each of your own worlds so do whatever suits you.

I'm just commenting on something that has happened, I just have yet to work out who it was.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:12 am

I can promise you it wasn't me.

If someone was looking at you and us and we wanted him or her, I'd have a pitch I'd give them that would have nothing to do with you.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:22 am

Generally we are looking for a very specific type of player when we recruit. So most of the applicants / recruits dont end up "fitting" even if we are the ones who initially showed interest. But generally, I hate just telling people "no". So if we do feel that they aren't the right fit for us, I try to find out whats important to that player and make a recommendation on which clans might better fit them so they aren't aimless after we say no.

But yeah, theres no way we would approach someone and discourage a clan. Bottom line as Head CD, I'm just glad they're going to a clan it doesn't matter which one.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Great-Ollie on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:11 am

This is true. I haven't liked Paul and certain other members of TOP long before their clan was even established. I say things bluntly and I get to the point, with everyone. I am not remotely intimidated by your clan. That's hilarious. Yes, you beat us in CL7, but our promotion was secure about 3 or 4 matches before we faced you, so as a clan we turned our attention elsewhere. I didn't care if we were first or fourth, just that we got promoted. There is 1, maybe 2 people in your clan, that I would deem worthy to join Aeternus.

I probably won't bother posting again here. You need to take your own advice and look at things from other people's perspectives, because I would wager nobody insults you out of jealousy or because of your success. I expect you'll disagree, but I've even received PMs laughing at the fact that you think I insulted you over your success.

If you want a war then simply send me a PM. I'll even promise to keep the thread civil just so you don't get upset.[/quote]

So does this mean there is 3 people you would consider worthy now? :D :D TOP reminds me a lot of The Pack when i started it way back in the day. I love that they are active and voice there opinions. Looking forward to going to battle with them! I will try and refrain from getting war medals stripped for war threads though lol. PACK vs. IA was still and absolute classic thread!
Major Great-Ollie

Postby benga on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:56 am

Reminds, but not even close. That pack was for the short period of time the best clan that would ever be. The level of effort and cooperation between teammates was unprecedented. Eventually it was also the deal breaker.
Sergeant benga

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:So does this mean there is 3 people you would consider worthy now?

Not even close.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:54 pm

At the speed that Ollie goes through clans it won't be long Caff :shock: :lol:
Colonel Keefie

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Keefie wrote:At the speed that Ollie goes through clans it won't be long Caff :shock: :lol:

We've turned away more than we've accepted. I'd sooner recruit Blackbird71 than Ollie.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jdw35 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:54 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Great-Ollie wrote:So does this mean there is 3 people you would consider worthy now?

Not even close.

Lol
Major jdw35

Postby betiko on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:49 pm

benga wrote:Reminds, but not even close. That pack was for the short period of time the best clan that would ever be. The level of effort and cooperation between teammates was unprecedented. Eventually it was also the deal breaker.

Honnestly, I ve been in tofu and lhdd after the pack from those days, and I don t think that pack was that impressive... Pack comunicated a lot through Skype, but it ended up way too demanding. In tofu and lhdd it was more about the game chat and writing books for certain turns with as much teammates online as possible..

Did''t see that ollie was now TOP. So he did MM, pack, crazy Canucks, legion, OLE, TOFU, KORT, TOP.. I probably missed a few, but i doubt anyone has been in more clans than that lol
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:00 pm

Ollie was in KORT?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:33 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:
IcePack wrote:Ollie was in KORT?

Wasnt he in FALL at some point?

Waterman5000 was...

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:49 pm

IcePack wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:
IcePack wrote:Ollie was in KORT?

Wasnt he in FALL at some point?

Waterman5000 was...

That would be a yes then.
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives