Conquer Club

Hall of Fame Committee [Cancelled]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hall of Fame Committee [5/10] Forming

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Who's currently on the committee?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Who's currently on the committee?

It's in the OP:

IcePack
Leehar
Josko.ri
Jdw35
merch313

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:00 pm

IcePack wrote:

It's in the OP:

IcePack
Leehar
Josko.ri
Jdw35
merch313

I don't mind being included, but I reserve the right to leave depending who else joins.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:

It's in the OP:

IcePack
Leehar
Josko.ri
Jdw35
merch313

I don't mind being included, but I reserve the right to leave depending who else joins.

Lol should I or shouldn't I. But another one that's still posting is the original fat mermaid bogangod. Maybe drop him a pm. Also a couple of fads members far2ezee Willie e coyote . Have been about since time days. Also great Ollie jefjef megaswoman. All these are part of the good old days where war threads were war threads.

Ps can I nominate aka v Kort thread for best thread of all time :mrgreen: was a major thing.
Lieutenant eddie2

Re: Hall of Fame Committee [6/10] Nominate Catagories!

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Good idea, I think I'll start the catagory nominations for now in the public thread.
So far we have this:
Catagory Nominations:
Greatest Leader of 20XX
Best Clan of 20XX
Best Overall Clan Player of 20XX
Clan Forum Personality of 20XX
Clan Forum Rogue of 20XX
Best Clan Thread of 20XX
Greatest Clan Innovator of 20XX
Best Community Improvement of 20XX

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Lol I'll win clan forum rogue for 4 years running I used to enjoy pissing everyone off. Was so easy to do.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:13 pm

eddie2 wrote:Lol I'll win clan forum rogue for 4 years running I used to enjoy pissing everyone off. Was so easy to do.

We will see, I'm sure there are others who could give you a run for your money :P

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby benga on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:15 pm

IcePack wrote:
Catagory Nominations:
Greatest Leader of 20XX - say what, this is can't be objective
Best Clan of 20XX
Clan Forum Personality of 20XX - say what, this is can't be objective
Clan Forum Rogue of 20XX - not sure what you want here
Best Clan Thread of 20XX
aren't this last two the same thing?

I would rather see people that in some way influenced what clans were and what have they become over time without any time constrains
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Hey benga
These are proposed catagories. None are finalized yet bcuz no actually discussions have started. It was a list of compiled suggestions / ideas to give examples and get thoughts on paper and other people thinking & proposing catagories

Not sure what you mean by can't be objective? In comparison, I used stuff that maybe movie industries use for their Emmys or whatever (like leader = best actor) or whatever. Anyway like I said, these are just ideas. If you have some specific catagories you have for suggestions I'm happy to hear them.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby benga on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:30 pm

For any board to know who was the best leader, I presume you think this is clan leader, would need to have insight in every clan.

Also not sure why you want to nominate best rogue, as those were mostly people that were banned in some way.

Greatest clan innovator would also manage the best community improvement.

First you need to know what are you trying to achieve here and what standards you are going to use.
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:39 pm

Right, and I was hoping the inaugural group would have some participation in that initial discussion. Didn't want it to be me picking catagories and then having a group vote on it etc.

In the end, there hasn't been a lot of responses here other than nominating someone else who might do the job etc so maybe it's an idea that doesn't hold support / interest or get off the ground. Was hoping it would as part of the 10 year anniversary but if there's no interest, there's no interest. We are nearing a month of sign ups and only 60% of the way to the minimum group #...

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:11 pm

yeah... this isn't going to be very inclusive, with this bunch picking... these guys downplay the importance of clans like the Stache, the BpB, etc... so many clans changed this site socially, visually and how inclusive clans became... this group does not look like it is going to care about anything other than wins/losses... i doubt anyone that had a rainbow sock in their sig will even be THOUGHT OF (i doubt they even get that reference). good luck with this... it seems like, with the committee, it is going to be more about what clans became than about clans that helped shape the early years and ideas and changed clan culture/site culture/what was and wasn't acceptable, etc..-Jn

p.s.-"best clan thread"? we all know the 2-3 war threads that would fill this without any debate. money only one of them is included, because it involved Tofu...

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:

It's in the OP:

IcePack
Leehar
Josko.ri
Jdw35
merch313

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Happy to have your input on the committee if you'd like to provide another perspective owen.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jdw35 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:46 pm

owenshooter wrote:yeah... this isn't going to be very inclusive, with this bunch picking... these guys downplay the importance of clans like the Stache, the BpB, etc... so many clans changed this site socially, visually and how inclusive clans became... this group does not look like it is going to care about anything other than wins/losses... i doubt anyone that had a rainbow sock in their sig will even be THOUGHT OF (i doubt they even get that reference). good luck with this... it seems like, with the committee, it is going to be more about what clans became than about clans that helped shape the early years and ideas and changed clan culture/site culture/what was and wasn't acceptable, etc..-Jn

p.s.-"best clan thread"? we all know the 2-3 war threads that would fill this without any debate. money only one of them is included, because it involved Tofu...

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:

It's in the OP:

IcePack
Leehar
Josko.ri
Jdw35
merch313

Once again Owen proving that his is as useful as a decade old wart on a donkey's ass...

IcePack,

feel free to PM me if you are looking for input on what categories/ direction to take this thing, would love to chat about it.
Major jdw35

Postby angola on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:38 pm

The BPB-THOTA thread was one for the ages. A "social" clan nearly taking down the top dogs. That was a fun time in the clan scene.

owenshooter wrote:yeah... this isn't going to be very inclusive, with this bunch picking... these guys downplay the importance of clans like the Stache, the BpB, etc... so many clans changed this site socially, visually and how inclusive clans became... this group does not look like it is going to care about anything other than wins/losses... i doubt anyone that had a rainbow sock in their sig will even be THOUGHT OF (i doubt they even get that reference). good luck with this... it seems like, with the committee, it is going to be more about what clans became than about clans that helped shape the early years and ideas and changed clan culture/site culture/what was and wasn't acceptable, etc..-Jn

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:

It's in the OP:

IcePack
Leehar
Josko.ri
Jdw35
merch313

Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:23 am

I think one of the reason you have difficulty to fill this hall of fame is because you are looking at past clans.
If you need I'd gladly join the committee, but I only know the clan word starting from 2012, and I wouldn't participate at all before that.

IcePack wrote:Good idea, I think I'll start the catagory nominations for now in the public thread.
So far we have this:
Catagory Nominations:
Greatest Leader of 20XX
Best Clan of 20XX
Clan Forum Personality of 20XX
Clan Forum Rogue of 20XX
Best Clan Thread of 20XX

I think those category ( or similar) could be great to implement from now on. You said you based yourself on Emmys and similar things, this is exactly what I thought when I read your categories, but those ceremonies only judge on the last year. I think it could make sense to nominate now people from 2016, and keep it going each year, using a larger number of people voting, we could put 2-4 players for each clan and having them vote each year, with a committee deciding the nominees.
I think it would work very well but it's a different idea, it's more for the future than for the past.

I wasn't there so maybe it's easier than what I think, but I don't think that best overall clan player or greatest leader for each year starting back from 2006 would be meaningful or even correct. Mainly because committee will be biased based on from which clan they come from, and many won't be represented.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby eddie2 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:01 am

Like I said u can add me ice pack I was very involved in clans, as for your comment benga about rogues who got bans, some of them helped shape clans.perfect examples were

Owen (mouthed up for what he felt was correct)
Myself ( got a ban but big turning point in the clan world where rules for events are no longer twisted depending on what clan breaks them.)
COD (did he get a ban ?)

As for nominating best clan leader of certain years in the past I think that's why ice pack wants a range of people. Me personally can't remember the year on top of my head (was round about 2012 as I brought donelladen into the clan world ;) but would Nominate)

Great Ollie - the pack
Reason new clan jumping straight into the top 5 )
Benga - pigs ( also coming straight in and high on clan ranks)
Any of these 2 could win for that year.

Then contribution for a non cd would be benga for the newcomers cup.for that year.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:07 am

I'm confused as to what you contributed to the clan scene. I thought the reason PACK had so much success was because they basically coordinated everyone's moves on Skype with each other.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby eddie2 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm confused as to what you contributed to the clan scene. I thought the reason PACK had so much success was because they basically coordinated everyone's moves on Skype with each other.

I'll awnser your last comment first. What problems do many clans have "communication in games, so introducing Skype and playing like that was a good move and showed in the results playing as a clan should involve every player.

As for what I brought to the clan world, 1 simple awnser voice what I thought was wrong and argue my point. The problem I had was I over posted on the issues many of which were valid but my way was the wrong way to approach them.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:11 am

eddie2 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm confused as to what you contributed to the clan scene. I thought the reason PACK had so much success was because they basically coordinated everyone's moves on Skype with each other.

I'll awnser your last comment first. What problems do many clans have "communication in games, so introducing Skype and playing like that was a good move and showed in the results playing as a clan should involve every player.

I wasn't aware it was GO who implemented that system, but regardless, I'd view that as a team effort.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:32 am

Can someone be both the best and the worst at the same time? I can think of several clan leaders that were good internally at motivating their people, picking games, playing games, and recruiting members, but terrible at external relations.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:45 am

Donelladan wrote:I think one of the reason you have difficulty to fill this hall of fame is because you are looking at past clans.
If you need I'd gladly join the committee, but I only know the clan word starting from 2012, and I wouldn't participate at all before that

Well it was ideally celebrating 10 years. So 2012-present of course will be part of the discussion same as catagory determination you would be able to help decide.

But 2007-2010 is probably more difficult to get people involved / educated about. Doesn't mean if you weren't here in that duration you can't help, just means we need specific section of the group to at least know about it etc

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby niMic on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:26 pm

rockfist wrote:Can someone be both the best and the worst at the same time? I can think of several clan leaders that were good internally at motivating their people, picking games, playing games, and recruiting members, but terrible at external relations.

I can think of at least a couple :lol:
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Arama86n on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:45 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Some of the guys in LoW can likely help; chard or Condor? They've been around a long time. Probably some of the old IA guys too, and ID.

The LoW gents/ladies are definitely legendary, I hope you can recruit one of the more ancient members there.

rockfist wrote:If CoF isn't available Dako has been around since the start of TOFU so he'd be another good choice.

Yes. Dako is an elder, one of the few.

jpcloet wrote:I see lots of tweaks and I'm happy to see so many war entries in the database. (So glad excel finally got replaced).

I don't play at all, but the clan newsletter ended up in my Facebook feed, so I logged in to see what's been going on. The clan area was like my first baby.

Hey GK!

A legend talking.
Major Arama86n

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

If you guys can convince any of them to sign up in here (those that know them better etc or speak to them regularly) that would help get this going.
I dont want to be hounding people for a project like this, its something fun and would be neat if the community got behind it.
If theres not enough interest, I'll leave it at that.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives