Conquer Club

New Clan Director Callout (Closed)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

New Clan Director Callout (Closed)

Postby JPlo64 on Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:56 pm

The Clan Department
is looking for candidates to serve on the Clan Director Team.
Candidates applying should have a high activity on Conquer Club within Clans and be familiar enough with rules and procedures to answer some basic questions. Candidates should be able and willing to handle their assigned task(s), have a relatively cool-head and calm demeanor and be eager to help improve and strengthen Clans.

An ideal candidate would also be willing and able to Skype group chat (text, not voice or video) with the other Clan Directors.

If you feel you could contribute, please send a PM with the subject "Clan Director Application" to JPlo64 with the following:

Availability/Time I Can Dedicate per Week: (weekends only, all day, mornings, evenings, etc.)
Comments: (one or two paragraphs in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)

Thank you!
JP
Major JPlo64

Re: New Clan Director Callout

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:35 am

Not much popping here.

You getting any applicants?
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:30 pm

either

1. nobody is applying
2. people are applying and being turned down

either the entire team needs rebuilding, or accept some applicants

personally think a whole new team of 3-5 people should come in. JP dedicates some time to handing over the reigns, and then we see how things go with the new team.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby fishydance on Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:59 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:either

1. nobody is applying

personally think a whole new team of 3-5 people should come in. JP dedicates some time to handing over the reigns, and then we see how things go with the new team.

I suspect the primary issue is that hardly anyone is applying.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:01 pm

fishydance wrote:

1. nobody is applying

Enough people applied to improve the team greatly...
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby fishydance on Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:26 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
fishydance wrote:

1. nobody is applying

Enough people applied to improve the team greatly...

That is fantastic news!
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:34 pm

unless there's a team overhaul nothing will change

new ideas will be shot down. counter arguments will be seen as combative.

blah blah

i got nothing against jp personally but i just think it's time to move on. there are plenty people heavily invested in clans. bring them in now, let the currently active CCup and CL be a handover, and once complete the new team takes full control.

not hard
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:42 pm

for the record i dont wanna come across like i'm coming for JP's head or something. i actually like the guy :lol: just feels like the best way forward at this point

i could be wrong tho, would be good to have a discussion because the CD team needs some action and we as the people active in clans should want to see that happen
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby JPlo64 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:53 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:unless there's a team overhaul nothing will change

new ideas will be shot down. counter arguments will be seen as combative.

blah blah

i got nothing against jp personally but i just think it's time to move on. there are plenty people heavily invested in clans. bring them in now, let the currently active CCup and CL be a handover, and once complete the new team takes full control.

not hard

I don't really understand this criticism, I don't think It's at all close to the truth.

New Ideas and the willingness to follow through on ideas are what we are looking for.
Any and all opinions on the CD Team are heard and respected.
Major JPlo64

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:16 am

just what former CDs have said openly in the forums. and it's met with silence.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:24 am

No matter who is on the CD team, there will always be complaints from a few. Can't please 'em all, and all that.

Given that the clans are often times a source of great drama, both on and off the forums. I think they do a fantastic job.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby fishydance on Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:35 am

Shannon Apple wrote:No matter who is on the CD team, there will always be complaints from a few. Can't please 'em all, and all that.

Given that the clans are often times a source of great drama, both on and off the forums. I think they do a fantastic job.

Absolutely true on all counts. Bottom line, it's a volunteer job. To expect everything to be perfect all the time is unrealistic, even if it were a paid job. The level of effort put in for a volunteer job here is nothing short of amazing.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby rockfist on Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:44 am

I've often thought about volunteering for being a Clan Director, but I always say I'd do it as a retirement from play if we won the double...we never win the double...we win one part of it then lose horribly on the other part of it...and it switches like a stuffed up nose.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:48 am

both shannon and fishy completely missing the point and writing rebuttals to imaginary arguments. standard.

there are 2 CDs and we know JP doesnt have time to manage everything. therefore, we need new CDs. we have done for a while and yet, there are none.

we had good volunteers before, they left/were removed. have talked about how new ideas / difference of opinions aren't welcome. personally i think both scott and cayman offered (and still do) a lot as CDs, but they won't be accepted again.

if JP is so busy how can he be head CD?

nobody is talking about how things arent done perfectly or people dont put in a huge effort. i'm talking about the future of the CD team and the fact there is clearly a struggle to get new, good people into those positions.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby fishydance on Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:37 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:both shannon and fishy completely missing the point and writing rebuttals to imaginary arguments. standard.

there are 2 CDs and we know JP doesnt have time to manage everything. therefore, we need new CDs. we have done for a while and yet, there are none.

we had good volunteers before, they left/were removed. have talked about how new ideas / difference of opinions aren't welcome. personally i think both scott and cayman offered (and still do) a lot as CDs, but they won't be accepted again.

if JP is so busy how can he be head CD?

nobody is talking about how things arent done perfectly or people dont put in a huge effort. i'm talking about the future of the CD team and the fact there is clearly a struggle to get new, good people into those positions.

You just stated that we had good volunteers before, but they left/were removed and that new ideas weren't welcomed and that they'd never be accepted again. That's saying things are far from being done perfectly, or even reasonably well. In another post you stated that a complete overhaul is needed with all new people. That isn't something you'd suggest if you think they are doing an acceptable job. That's what I was responding to.

But maybe I've misunderstood you, so clarify for me. Are you saying the current CDs are not doing the job well enough and should be removed, or are you saying that the current CDs are doing okay but additional CDs are needed?
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:50 pm

what CDs... we have JP as head who is apparently too busy. and we have jd. which circles back to my main point of, there are not enough CDs, and if people are applying why is nobody being appointed.

eventually comes a time that something new is needed and that's the direction i would take.

also i think scott and cayman are the best CDs we've had since shoop and keefie were active. if they are no longer CDs, i would be questioning why. and i'd want something done about that.

but i'm not sitting here like "these guys suck, we need better CDs". my point is, we need more CDs, and what's the most effective way that can happen?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby fishydance on Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:54 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:but i'm not sitting here like "these guys suck, we need better CDs". my point is, we need more CDs, and what's the most effective way that can happen?

Fair point and thanks for the clarification.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby fishydance on Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:59 pm

rockfist wrote:I've often thought about volunteering for being a Clan Director, but I always say I'd do it as a retirement from play if we won the double...we never win the double...we win one part of it then lose horribly on the other part of it...and it switches like a stuffed up nose.

Maybe you should just take the leap and volunteer for CD!
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:40 pm

More CD's won't help without proper leadership. The biggest problem me and Scott faced was getting approval to follow through on our ideas. JD was decently active at the time and the 3 of us might discuss and agree on things but getting JP to read and reply to our ideas could take a week or two. He also would often disagree with elements of our ideas but not offer any solutions on how to fix what he thinks is wrong. The process kept repeating with long delays between his responses causing nothing to happen. That caused me at least, to get frustrated.

These ideas often can't be done without his approval as well as they require credits from the budget as a reward which he needs to approve as Head CD. Even ideas that don't need credits still need to be approved by JP.

I fear any new CD joining the team with ideas on how to improve or change things will run into the same issues me and Scott did and will end up burnt out from frustration.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby rockfist on Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:00 pm

fishydance wrote:
rockfist wrote:I've often thought about volunteering for being a Clan Director, but I always say I'd do it as a retirement from play if we won the double...we never win the double...we win one part of it then lose horribly on the other part of it...and it switches like a stuffed up nose.

Maybe you should just take the leap and volunteer for CD!

Maybe we should stop winning one thing then getting fat dumb and happy and just win the double so I can do it and feel good about it ;)
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:01 pm

i'd love for JP to confirm whether or not he is too busy to put enough attention into running the team. it's been mentioned numerous times with no comment from the man himself.

at the end of the day we all want what's best for clans moving forward.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:40 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:i'd love for JP to confirm whether or not he is too busy to put enough attention into running the team. it's been mentioned numerous times with no comment from the man himself.

at the end of the day we all want what's best for clans moving forward.

It is the case that I have been too busy over the past year to put forth the effort that I had envisioned when becoming Head CD.

That being said, I don't think the comments from Cayman, nor the ones that obviously come from comments from Scott are completely accurate.

As I've said before, I think they both had excellent ideas that could bring great value to clans. There is some truth to me not leading as effectively as possible. However, I think in reality, some blame on those ideas not coming to fruition, lies on them as well.
Yes, it is true that when some one puts forth a multidimensional idea to a team, often there are a few portions that are not completely agreed with and feedback is given on making changes. Typically in these cases, it is put upon the organizer to take these comments and make changes, not for the commenters to make the changes for them, which is what it seemed they expected me to do.
In regards to Scott, I did fight for him initially to not be removed from the CD's. However, I did eventually find his reactionary behavior unbecoming of a member of Team CC.

As it was the case when I joined the CD Team many years ago, my goal is to help aid Clans the best I can.
As I stated above, it is the case I have not been able to commit the time/energy required to do what I wanted to do/ what Clans needed to advance forward.
I do hope that I will have that ability in the near future after some RL changes settle in the next few weeks.
Alternatively, I have put forth a suggestion to Admin that I believe would most definitely benefit Clans moving forward.
Major JPlo64

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:32 am

Firstly, I'd like to mention that I also have had to take life events and place them above CC. I have not been as active in the Clan World this year as I would have liked to due to life. Life should take precedence.

Secondly, I'd love to hear some specifics on ideas that were never listened to, because we implemented a lot of ideas that all four of us discussed in the short six months you two were on the team. Some of those ideas were even carried on out by the remaining members of the team after you two departed the team.

Even if we are able to generate the most concise list of ideas that were implemented by the CD Team and ideas that we did not implement, isn't it the point of the team to collaborate and make sure the best ideas are implemented? Is that not what we did in the short six months the four of us were a part of the CD Team?

Is your complaint that the other team members never listened to your ideas or that you never saw what you worked on come to fruition?

I personally have an unreal expectation sometimes that everyone will love my great ideas, because I have spent a lot of mental energy perfecting the plotline of the idea. In reality, some of the brilliant ideas I have don't fit what the rest of the Clan World wants, and so that great idea is put on a list where it will remain forever. I have to take the honest feedback from others when what I think should happen, doesn't happen. The unfortunate realism in that is that what I want isn't what happens some of the time.

Looking forward to the feedback.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:38 am

JPlo64 wrote:I do hope that I will have that ability in the near future after some RL changes settle in the next few weeks.
Alternatively, I have put forth a suggestion to Admin that I believe would most definitely benefit Clans moving forward.

alright, looking forward to hearing / seeing progress on both of these things
Cook iAmCaffeine

Next

Return to Clan Archives