Conquer Club

Loophole (?) in Nuclear Games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Loophole (?) in Nuclear Games

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:18 am

SirSebstar wrote:
40kguy wrote:once you play nuclear games, you realize this is the worst thing ever, you want cards that way you can kill stacks making your life easier!

not if you hold 4 cards, and they are all owned by you!

Oh God, don't remind me... lol happened to me in a WAM 4 player game... I still managed to win without resorting to the cheap tactics (imo) of timing out my turn thereby not getting a card.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby thebest712 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:54 am

mc05025 wrote:not taking a spoil is not a good strategy only for nuclear spoils.

it can also be good startegy in escalating team, when opponent is going to kill you
Major thebest712

Postby zimmah on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:31 pm

SirSebstar wrote:also the not getting a spoil comes at a price of not being able to fort.

if the fortification is not set to unlimited, yes.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

40kguy wrote:once you play nuclear games, you realize this is the worst thing ever, you want cards that way you can kill stacks making your life easier!

the point of not getting cards is this:

- When you have a card, normally somoene else will not get the same card (unless you're playing on a small map, and there's more cards then territories, like when you play with 8 people on a map with 32 territories, and everyone has 4 cards, if someone else picks up his 5th card, he'll now have a card someone else also has.
- With this in mind, if you have a card of Australia, you can put a stack on australia, because noone can nuke it (unless you're playing on a very small map with a lot of players and everyone has a lot of cards, which should not happen in a normal game)
- If you do have a stack, you don't want to risk killing your own stack by being forced to cash in your card(s) where you stack(s) are placed, therefore to make sure your stack(s) is/are save, you don't want to take any card after the 4th (unless in a situation where you have 4 cards and a set of 3 that doesn't use the 4th card where your stack is placed, and the 3 cards you can turn in have at least 1 card in it that actually damages an enemy).

common sence.. :roll:
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions