Conquer Club

[GO] Speed Games / Varying Turn Time Limits Round Lengths

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Adjustable round length

Postby Justy Tylor on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Since the speed games may be too fast for some peoples' taste and the casual game too long, make the time length adjustable from 30 minutes to 24 hours in half-hour increments.
Cadet Justy Tylor

Re: Adjustable round length

Postby FabledIntegral on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Who would ever do 30 minutes is beyond me - youd have to be on CC nonstop all day.

Personally I could see 2 minute games... although I think I'd fare a lot worse in them, as many of the current speed players only use 2 minutes and would be at more of an advantage (nothing has changed) while I would be making many more mistakes...! Would be fun though.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby lancehoch on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:04 am

I cannot find the thread at the moment, but this concept has been suggested many times over. There have been suggestions for: 1 min, 2 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 12 hour, 2 day, 1 week, etc. turn lengths. They have all been rejected. I believe one of the admin stated that there will be no other options for round length time available. I will try to find the thread, until then this will remain unlocked.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby blakebowling on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:29 am

lancehoch wrote:I cannot find the thread at the moment, but this concept has been suggested many times over. There have been suggestions for: 1 min, 2 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 12 hour, 2 day, 1 week, etc. turn lengths. They have all been rejected. I believe one of the admin stated that there will be no other options for round length time available. I will try to find the thread, until then this will remain unlocked.

I thought they left the 2.5 minnute option and the 1 week option alive, and dropped the rest?
Private blakebowling

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:56 am

lancehoch wrote:I cannot find the thread at the moment, but this concept has been suggested many times over. There have been suggestions for: 1 min, 2 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 12 hour, 2 day, 1 week, etc. turn lengths. They have all been rejected. I believe one of the admin stated that there will be no other options for round length time available. I will try to find the thread, until then this will remain unlocked.

hmm...1 week. That wouldn't be too bad actually. (I haven't heard that suggestion yet)
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby lancehoch on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Sorry, I have been unreachable the last two days. Blake, no, I forget where the quote is, but one of the admin stated explicitly "There will be not other round lenght options".
Sergeant lancehoch

Re: SuperSpeed game option-You choose 1-5 minutes

Postby alcazar on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:36 am

I would love to see SUPER-SPEED implemented. Gets boring to wait in an interesting game for an opponent who is doing 5 other speed games at one time. Don't know if plans are in the making but maybe a 1 game active rule with Superspeed would be just wonderful !
Major alcazar

Location: 450 miles (725 km) north of Greenland in the middle of the Arctic Ocean

Postby blakebowling on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:07 pm

herndawg wrote:This may be more difficult in unlimited fort. but I think would be great especially since I have been playing some 2 player ones and the other person is playing like 3 or 4 others so I wait like 4 minutes every time. I thought about just doing that also but what about a real Speeeeeeeed game like one minute, so it is quick thinking and heart pumping and maybe you won't be able to make all the forts you want and screw it all up or just make the important ones. I think this would enter a whole new strategy into the game. Quick thinking and desperate measures.

What if you could choose the minute time in a Speed Game from 1-5 minutes
when you create the game. That seems easy enough. That would be awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't know if this has been suggested yet.

Most of this idea has been rejected in the past, the only option that MAY be available in the future is a 2 minnute, and a Week option (I know the week isn't speed)
Private blakebowling

Postby lancehoch on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:42 pm

Sorry blake, but I am not sure where you get your information. As I have posted more than once, an admin has previously stated that there will be no other round length options, ever.
Sergeant lancehoch

Game times

Postby Getdownonyaknees on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:22 pm

Hi, quick suggestion:
Would be great to have more choice on the turn times.
There are 24 hour games and 5 minute games. How about something in-between, like 8 hour turns?

Thanks
Cadet Getdownonyaknees

Re: Game times

Postby hecter on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:26 pm

But people like to sleep without missing turns...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Getdownonyaknees on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:36 pm

hecter wrote:But people like to sleep without missing turns...

Yes, but if you have several players in a game, each with 8 hour turns, then it's likely to take more than 24 hours until your next turn, at the moment it can take a week between turns on the 24 hour games ](*,) :x
Cadet Getdownonyaknees

Postby hecter on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 pm

Getdownonyaknees wrote:

Yes, but if you have several players in a game, each with 8 hour turns, then it's likely to take more than 24 hours until your next turn, at the moment it can take a week between turns on the 24 hour games ](*,) :x

You're premium, just join some more games... I can tell you right now, different time limits for games is not going to happen. Ever. The admins and mods are saying that, I'm just repeating it.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Getdownonyaknees on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:41 pm

hecter wrote:
Getdownonyaknees wrote:

You're premium, just join some more games... I can tell you right now, different time limits for games is not going to happen. Ever. The admins and mods are saying that, I'm just repeating it.

Ok, fair enough, just a suggestion...
Cadet Getdownonyaknees

Postby blakebowling on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:43 pm

just FYI, if you have another suggestion, please use the form (I won't quote it because this won't happen, I'll PM it to you if you'd like though)
Private blakebowling

Postby FabledIntegral on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Yeah for 8 hour games... if your turn comes up right before you go to bed... you just missed it. You'll be waiting longer than you would have if you had 24 hour turns.

Anything beyond 10 minute turns sounds bad to me.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby blakebowling on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:02 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:Yeah for 8 hour games... if your turn comes up right before you go to bed... you just missed it. You'll be waiting longer than you would have if you had 24 hour turns.

Anything beyond 10 minute turns sounds bad to me.

I would like to see 2.5 or 3 minnute turns though, even though turn adjustments won't happen.
Private blakebowling

Postby Diamonds14 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:06 am

Ill like to see a week turns.. yes a whole 7 days to play your turns. 168hrs to plan the most complex strategic plan that you can come up with. This is very realistic and an essential for CC to implement into practice. Games can take months and months to finish? Great! People will have to wait to play their turn? Even better.. as the saying goes.. 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.' so true.. So how about it guys- week turns?

Have fun everyone! Hope to see this running in CC within a couple days.

Diamonds.

This post is just a joke.. anything other than 5min turns and 24hr turns is pretty unnecessary.. Blake dont even waste words to respond to this, i know you dont have a life so you plaque CC forums, but this is just a joke.
Completed
Hearts Doubles Tournament.
The Fight Across the Continents Tournament.
Sergeant Diamonds14

Postby blakebowling on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Diamonds14 wrote:Ill like to see a week turns.. yes a whole 7 days to play your turns. 168hrs to plan the most complex strategic plan that you can come up with. This is very realistic and an essential for CC to implement into practice. Games can take months and months to finish? Great! People will have to wait to play their turn? Even better.. as the saying goes.. 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.' so true.. So how about it guys- week turns?

Diamonds.

This post is just a joke.. anything other than 5min turns and 24hr turns is pretty unnecessary.. Blake dont even waste words to respond to this, i know you dont have a life so you plaque CC forums, but this is just a joke.

You do know the idea was for people that have a life (other than on the internet)
Private blakebowling

Postby Skittles! on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:45 am

I reckon it would be awesome to have week turns! This is not sarcasm.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Diamonds14 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:33 pm

blakebowling wrote:
Diamonds14 wrote:Ill like to see a week turns.. yes a whole 7 days to play your turns. 168hrs to plan the most complex strategic plan that you can come up with. This is very realistic and an essential for CC to implement into practice. Games can take months and months to finish? Great! People will have to wait to play their turn? Even better.. as the saying goes.. 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.' so true.. So how about it guys- week turns?

Diamonds.

You do know the idea was for people that have a life (other than on the internet)

..does that even make sense? The original post was about shortening the time..

And skittles, a week would be pretty ridiculous and unnecessary. As my sarcasm noted earlier, games would take forever clogging up the servers, it would reduce the number of deadbeats, but games could literally take a month just to get the rotation around once, which would result in games taking several months to a year to finish. Many CC players will not have the patience to play through the game. And what if other freemiums join the game just because its open, theyll be complaining that they are stuck in a never ending game.. overall a terrible idea. Im sorry.
Completed
Hearts Doubles Tournament.
The Fight Across the Continents Tournament.
Sergeant Diamonds14

Re: 5 minute limit on speed games.

Postby Artie on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:06 am

How about 30 seconds to begin your turn. Once your turn begins add 4 and a half minutes.
Major Artie

Re:

Postby FabledIntegral on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:13 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:5 minutes is probably going to be the standard-low, any less and it actually makes the game harder and longer, since less and less can be done in a turn.

--Andy

That's a load of bullshit to say that it makes games longer at all - most people take and end their turn within 1-2 minutes... those that play sequential and take a while usually just play RT. Most people because the games take so long they go in multiple games - I still don't understand the site's logic. If people are in like 3-4 speed games at once - something is wrong. They are blind to that.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby Phlaim on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Artie wrote:How about 30 seconds to begin your turn. Once your turn begins add 4 and a half minutes.

I just proposed that in this thread when I suddenly saw your post. I think this will speed up a LOT of seq games. =D>
Highest Score: 3868
Major Phlaim

Postby mibi on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 pm

bad idea. I would be pretty pissed if I only had 60 seconds and it took 15 seconds per button click because the server was taking a piss.
Captain mibi

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions