Conquer Club

[GO] Speed Games / Varying Turn Time Limits Round Lengths

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Refurbish Speed and increase website revenue

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed May 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I think this would be a good option if you could still have the 5 minute game option.

My thoughts exactly. Having super fast games would be amazing for me, as an option :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Chewie1 on Wed May 11, 2011 3:17 pm

I agree with the above 5 mins doesnt seem quick enough anymore 2 mins would be 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby 40kguy on Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

YES YES YES! LOVE THE IDEA.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Sniper08 on Thu May 12, 2011 8:02 am

it is a great idea but as we all know 99% of the ideas suggested here never get implemented and of those that do it take a few years for them to get implemented.

AndyDufresne wrote:
Timminz wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:Many explorer games have the "High person of the day" medal...

I would love to achieve this title. Even if I did have to spend a whole day on speed.

I do like this facet of the suggestion though. Additional thoughts/development of it?

--Andy

scoreboard of all speed games that day or week and whoever is on top gets the medal
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu May 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Sniper08 wrote:it is a great idea but as we all know 99% of the ideas suggested here never get implemented and of those that do it take a few years for them to get implemented.

AndyDufresne wrote:
Timminz wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:Many explorer games have the "High person of the day" medal...

I would love to achieve this title. Even if I did have to spend a whole day on speed.

I do like this facet of the suggestion though. Additional thoughts/development of it?

--Andy

scoreboard of all speed games that day or week and whoever is on top gets the medal

Could have a permanent medal for achieving this 5, 15 and 50 times.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby jasoncederblom on Mon May 23, 2011 7:37 pm

I would like to support the ultra speed game idea. I think it would be great and possibly generate new customers that enjoy fast paces games.
Captain jasoncederblom

Re: 1 minute, 2 1/2 minute, and 5 minute speed games

Postby alex951 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 am

I'm still holding my breath :sick:
Corporal alex951

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 am

Aside from qwert's I hate everything attitude, ;), Speed Game Refurbishment is in Lack's Top 3 of his To-Do list. :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Dibbun on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Aside from qwert's I hate everything attitude, ;), Speed Game Refurbishment is in Lack's Top 3 of his To-Do list. :D

--Andy

Outstanding :D
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:56 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Aside from qwert's I hate everything attitude, ;), Speed Game Refurbishment is in Lack's Top 3 of his To-Do list. :D

--Andy

Great to hear! Honestly can't wait!
=D> =D>
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby jordgubbssylt on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:39 pm

How about you get x seconds to start your turn, and then x minutes to play it?
For example, 30 seconds to start, and then 4Ā½ minutes to play it. (In case it's not clear, after those 30 seconds have passed, it's the next player's turn.)
Major jordgubbssylt

new turn lengths

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Concise description:
  • new turn lengths

Specifics/Details:
  • we have ( 24 hours for all players, and 5 mins for premiums ) , i would say, why not include 10 or 15 min speed and new casual 48 hours.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • this new 10 or 15 mins speed for premium, this could help some people who likes to join several speed games in 1 time or took their time in casual game, or some unexpected small issue happened.
  • this new 48 hours option for all students when they had exams or older people when they stuggle to log in within 24 hours do travel or work or personal reasons.

let's remember, this is option, and each player can pick or use search for which settings suits him.

best regards.
Major Kaiser_Tottenham

Re: new turn lengths

Postby zimmah on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:56 pm

ye, let's have games that have a turn timer of 96 hours too, so people can take a turn once a week. especially in 8 player games, then, if everyone is taking their turns late it will take 30 days before you get to take your next turn.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Longer speed games don't really make a whole lot of sense to me, especially considering most of the action takes place in the last 30 seconds. Longer casual games...eh, I don't know as if the 48 hour option would be used much, but I could see it potentially being good for Freestyle games.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Dibbun on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Prior to doing this we need a 2-minute speed turn option.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:00 pm

zimmah wrote:ye, let's have games that have a turn timer of 96 hours too, so people can take a turn once a week. especially in 8 player games, then, if everyone is taking their turns late it will take 30 days before you get to take your next turn.

you don't need to mock an idea just because you've better circumstances, yes i like to hear more point of views, but it's not unrealistic idea to do such comments, you don't know, may be after a bit of time, you would feel about the need of it.

Victor Sullivan wrote:Longer speed games don't really make a whole lot of sense to me, especially considering most of the action takes place in the last 30 seconds. Longer casual games...eh, I don't know as if the 48 hour option would be used much, but I could see it potentially being good for Freestyle games.

-Sully

respect your opinion.

Dibbun wrote:Prior to doing this we need a 2-minute speed turn option.

i considered this idea, since some small maps need a lot faster turns, but thought it was more priority to consider the longer one for those who wish to play more games in one time, so people stuggle to finish their job due to more acitions in their key turns ( escalating or large/Fedual ) maps.

peace.
Major Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby jefjef on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:10 am

There is a site that I know of. Can't remember my username. Ooh. Maybe I do. I don't know. I'll have to go see. lol.

All the op is suggesting is the option of choice. That is always good.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby demonfork on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:17 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Longer speed games don't really make a whole lot of sense to me, especially considering most of the action takes place in the last 30 seconds. Longer casual games...eh, I don't know as if the 48 hour option would be used much, but I could see it potentially being good for Freestyle games.

-Sully

It's funny that you say this...Just today one of my friends that I turned on to CC said to me "I wish CC had a speed game option with turns longer than 5 mins.....It's really hard to play a game at work with 5 min turns"
Captain demonfork

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

demonfork wrote:

-Sully

It's funny that you say this...Just today one of my friends that I turned on to CC said to me "I wish CC had a speed game option with turns longer than 5 mins.....It's really hard to play a game at work with 5 min turns"

it's not just that, it's also when you big trip one some large maps, specially like Feduals, or playing on fog, also some classic when you want killing one after one, you have to work on killing troops sometimes without 'Auto' in case another troops must conquer to save some attacking troops in your force.

I know some people lost their games because they ran out of time.

it's not that poor idea, people must pick games which suits them, it would be good to see 2-5-10 mins speed games, as well as 24-36 hours options ( if 48 hours that much ! )
Major Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby zimmah on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:32 am

jefjef wrote:There is a site that I know of. Can't remember my username. Ooh. Maybe I do. I don't know. I'll have to go see. lol.

choice is usually good, too much choice is not good tho.

especially because it will just divide the userbase into more separate groups, and it will be harder to find players for the less popular game settings. also, this site allready has a lack of usefull updates, so i'd rather see them spend time on someting that ACTUALLY improves the site, then on some gimmick.

might as well suggest the option to have the choice to use green, red, blue, pink, grey, etc. colored dice instead of the normal ones. because hey, let's face it, choice is always good, right? :roll:
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Dibbun on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:56 am

zimmah wrote:
jefjef wrote:There is a site that I know of. Can't remember my username. Ooh. Maybe I do. I don't know. I'll have to go see. lol.

choice is usually good, too much choice is not good tho.

especially because it will just divide the userbase into more separate groups, and it will be harder to find players for the less popular game settings.

Wouldn't want people to not join game setting they don't like. :roll:
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Dibbun wrote:Prior to doing this we need a 2-minute speed turn option.

Agreed. I don't have a problem with longer turns or other speed options, but I think the most glaring option is a 2 or 3 min speed game. I see no reason for a 10 or 15 minute speed game. 5 minutes is plently of time.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Speed Games

Postby trevorconway on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:09 am

Is there any way of amending speed games...people seem to take forever and it's not what I would call SPEED when you play a game with several people and 3 or 4 people miss their goes on a regular basis. I think in a speed game if you have not started your go within 1 minute you should miss your go...you still have 5 minutes play-time as long as you have started within a minute?
Sergeant 1st Class trevorconway

Re: Speed Games

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:11 am

trevorconway wrote:Is there any way of amending speed games...people seem to take forever and it's not what I would call SPEED when you play a game with several people and 3 or 4 people miss their goes on a regular basis. I think in a speed game if you have not started your go within 1 minute you should miss your go...you still have 5 minutes play-time as long as you have started within a minute?

Doubtful. Many players play in more than 1 speed game. This would hinder them a lot.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Speed Games

Postby trevorconway on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am

I also play in more than 1 speed game at a time, I still manage to play speed game goes quickly. If I get to a point where I can't do so and I am holding games up then I know I am playing in too many speed games at any 1 time.
Sergeant 1st Class trevorconway

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions