Conquer Club

BOB/CM improvements

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What improvements should I focus on for BOB

Make BOB/CM work in Chrome
17%
Combine BOB and Clickable Maps
12%
BOB: Replace the numbers on the map with self-generated numbers
3%
BOB: Make snapshots exchangable (previous option would make this easier)
15%
BOB: Create an auto-snapshot function
5%
BOB: Create a way to 'replay' a game (only displaying ownership)
20%
CM: Create a way to hand in a set with keys
7%
Just fix bugs, it is fine as it is
22%

Total votes : 60

Re: BOB/CM improvements

Postby yeti_c on Sun May 09, 2010 11:39 am

Yeah I like this idea...

Now that Objectives will be more widely used it would be a lot more useful...

sherkaner wrote:I should already kill the display of continents without bonus anyway, that should create some room on a few maps.

Would be good as an option...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby MrBenn on Sun May 09, 2010 2:54 pm

I'd quite like a "BOB lite" that just had the summary stats and the Map Inspect - I'm not sure I use anything else.

edit: I very occasionally use the text map, so chuck that in too :P

editedit: I'm assuming this would have some kind of impact on load speed?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Dako on Sun May 09, 2010 3:09 pm

And how about phase confirmations, colored drowdown, statistics for players, chat on top? :p
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Sun May 09, 2010 3:36 pm

MrBenn wrote:I'd quite like a "BOB lite" that just had the summary stats and the Map Inspect - I'm not sure I use anything else.

edit: I very occasionally use the text map, so chuck that in too :P

editedit: I'm assuming this would have some kind of impact on load speed?

Extremely small impact, those 2 eat up most of the speed, because of what they need.
Map inspect needs the xml-file for the positions and connections. Summary stats needs the full log. Those 2 requests for information are what takes at least 80% of the time.

This is the info on my system (4-year-old computer, with windows 7), loading a longer game on the Dawn of Ages map:
1271 ms to load the page, of which fetching the xml took 238 ms and the fetching of the log took 600 ms. The processing of the xml took 65 ms, around 60 ms for the log. After which some time was spent to display it (especially the map inspect), I'd guess around 100ms. So out of 1271 ms, 1063 ms was spent on those 2 elements. So it's safe to say that 80% of the time was spent on those features.
After a refresh, it's around 80ms to add, parse and display the relevant data. I can't imagine that to be a problem.

Btw, if you don't have text map on, it won't cost you anything. I don't have it on, it can be a bit heavy otherwise, maybe 100 ms. Then again, this is info only for my PC, though from what I've heared/tried so far it's similar on slower PC's.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby jesterhawk on Tue May 11, 2010 4:07 pm

I had an idea and I have no idea how difficult it may be to make happen. But....

I am in a few team games and when there are four players on a team it gets a bit hard to see what is what and who owns what. I think it would be cool if there was a button (maybe up near the Refresh Map button) that when clicked would make all teams one color and when unclicked would show everyone's individual colors. That would allow me to see what my team really has and does not have.

Just a thought.

Love the Script!!

JH
P.R.Aquilone
pra.aquilone.me
Private 1st Class jesterhawk

Postby sherkaner on Tue May 11, 2010 4:17 pm

Are you aware of the map inspect if you mouse hovers over 'Team 1:' or another team on the right side of the map? It gives you an indication of what a specific team owns.

Actually replacing the numbers is hard at the moment, hence the 3rd option in the poll. But I'm not sure this would be an improvement, since you do want to know whether someone (almost) owns a continent, and you loose that information by coloring as stated.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby jesterhawk on Tue May 11, 2010 7:34 pm

sherkaner wrote:Are you aware of the map inspect if you mouse hovers over 'Team 1:' or another team on the right side of the map? It gives you an indication of what a specific team owns.
Actually no I didn't know that. Thanks, that will be very helpful!!

JH
P.R.Aquilone
pra.aquilone.me
Private 1st Class jesterhawk

Previous

Return to Tool Archives