Conquer Club

changes in Game Finder?

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: changes in Game Finder?

Postby mcshanester29 on Thu May 26, 2011 6:51 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
PepeAtila wrote:
sherkaner wrote:It wasn't working properly, it was the slowest page on the site because of all the tournament names being loaded, which is just annoying (and usually unnecessary, since most ppl use it for other things). And finding tournaments slowly got worse too, with more and more tournaments starting with the same letters.

So as long as the server is fast enough and you have a good connection, it doesn't look like much of a problem. But I think changing it is a good move.

Then change it just with the active tournament or/and include a combobox (instead the dropdown) where once you write a letter can choose the tournament ... or just change the dropdown to the "tournament finder" to test if people use it or not. Perhaps normal people don't use it, but TO and Clan's leader DO...

PS: In my computer the live chat is very slow ... should you eliminated?? ... For me is not the slowest page on the site. When I connect by mobile there are slower pages... just a forum for example while is loadind all the medals and images...

If I understand this properly it was done due to the page loading slowly because of the tourneys. I never experienced this myself but I am sure you have data that backs this up. Is a possible solution--adding a game finder link/page for just tourneys?

I am really experiencing a lot of added time getting my games out today and I really am starting to get frustrated with the new system. I will keep trying to find something that makes things faster with it, but the older way was ten times faster.

Just letting the powers in charge know the issues

I am with you here never had the problem of the page loading slowly and it took me a heck of a lot longer to get out some invites today, because I was experiencing the same thing after invite you have to go back to find the tourney again to do the next invite. The old way was tons faster.
show

I am away from CC for a long break! John 3:16-17
Private mcshanester29

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 26, 2011 7:01 pm

I have one more:

HA's Don't Blink-Clandemonium --I typed this into tournament box

click on find and I get this in the same box after it refreshes:

With this at the top:

HA\'s Don\'t Blink-Clandemonium (it added slashes)

Error

No matching games found.

edit--weird--so I did it again and it brought it up--I think invites will now work--I will let you all know
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 26, 2011 7:08 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:I have one more:

HA's Don't Blink-Clandemonium --I typed this into tournament box

click on find and I get this in the same box after it refreshes:

With this at the top:

HA\'s Don\'t Blink-Clandemonium (it added slashes)

Error

No matching games found.

edit--weird--so I did it again and it brought it up--I think invites will now work--I will let you all know

nope--my second invite brings me back to the page with this in the tournament box:

HA\\\\\\\'s Don\\\\\\\'t Blink-Clandemonium

This is about ridiculous

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 26, 2011 7:41 pm

I assume Tour Stats is not working with this new system as it did not work for me--is this true?

Postby scottp on Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 pm

how about a separate page for "Tourney finder" with the old functionality restored?

Game Finder would load quickly, but TOs and clan leaders could do their business as they are accustomed. I always knew there would be a problem having a drop-down list that grew without bounds... but I don't think this is the answer. How about having a drop down for open, ongoing, and "recently closed" (say one month since completion and newer) tourneys. That number should stay fairly constant, and should only grow proportionally to the growth of the user base (i.e. should only begin performing poorly as you need to upgrade the site/host anyway)
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby SirSebstar on Fri May 27, 2011 2:45 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:I assume Tour Stats is not working with this new system as it did not work for me--is this true?

this is sadly correct.
tour stats require acces to the database, and thats no longer there..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby slickstick on Fri May 27, 2011 3:14 am

It took me ages to send invites in our clan war with this new system.... NOT ENJOYING THIS AT ALL :evil:
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby SirSebstar on Fri May 27, 2011 3:17 am

what i used to do is tick the waiting for player box, look for the right tournament and open all the games.
Then i would press invite for the the size of the teams, so say 3 for a triples game. I opened up 3 new screens from the invite link. Insert names. press and done.
That way I always know who is in , and in what order, and i am sure i cannot press the wrong invite link or anything, nor do i need to go back and forth in the gameslist to make it work. I just go from top to bottom, and the last link i pressed is still greyed, so i know where i left..

does this make any sense to you?
Major SirSebstar

Postby jimfinn on Fri May 27, 2011 9:13 am

scottp wrote:how about a separate page for "Tourney finder" with the old functionality restored?

Game Finder would load quickly, but TOs and clan leaders could do their business as they are accustomed. I always knew there would be a problem having a drop-down list that grew without bounds... but I don't think this is the answer. How about having a drop down for open, ongoing, and "recently closed" (say one month since completion and newer) tourneys. That number should stay fairly constant, and should only grow proportionally to the growth of the user base (i.e. should only begin performing poorly as you need to upgrade the site/host anyway)

This seems like a really good idea to me! The tourneys I've done so far have been small enough for watch this game to allow me to cover all the games in them that are waiting for players/ongoing, but as I get into larger ones, tourney stats and a list like this would be useful, I assume.
Corporal 1st Class jimfinn

Postby PepeAtila on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:12 am

now is worse
Captain PepeAtila

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 am

PepeAtila wrote:now is worse

now it is better. at least now i can double tap and find my tournament i previously entered
Major SirSebstar

Postby PepeAtila on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:16 pm

SirSebstar wrote:

now it is better. at least now i can double tap and find my tournament i previously entered

How can I find the games in my tournament???
Captain PepeAtila

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:30 pm

PepeAtila wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

You can still use Game Finder to pull up tournament games manually. Click where it says "find my tournament" then type the name of your tournament in the pop-up, and then click where it says "select."

Manually it works fine. Just drives me nuts that it doesn' work with Saved Searches.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby PepeAtila on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
PepeAtila wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

You can still use Game Finder to pull up tournament games manually. Click where it says "find my tournament" then type the name of your tournament in the pop-up, and then click where it says "select."

Manually it works fine. Just drives me nuts that it doesn' work with Saved Searches.

Ok I use Game finder ... and when tournaments appear I can just see the tread but no the games... I guess you mean "find a tournament" ?? :oops:
when I click there a pop-up window (tournament finder) I look for my ongoing tournaments there I can see my 4 tournaments ... BUT I click select and it appears a message in my language "error in this page" ... and that's all ... if I click the name of the tournament it appears the thread .... so my tournaments are stopped since these changes ... really I don't know how to find the games except one by one writting the game number
... what I am missing??
Captain PepeAtila

Postby ender516 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:52 pm

PepeAtila, are you using any add-ons or scripts? When you click select, you should be returned to the Game Finder page with the selected tournament in a drop-down menu. Which are your tournaments? I will try to find games from them.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby PepeAtila on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:16 am

ender516 wrote:PepeAtila, are you using any add-ons or scripts? When you click select, you should be returned to the Game Finder page with the selected tournament in a drop-down menu. Which are your tournaments? I will try to find games from them.

This was with internet explorer 8.0.6001.1872 ... (no add-ons)
It appears different screen when I use Firefox (with Greasemonkey) ... and it works ... I just realize now ... but I don't like Firefox ... (too much work of my hard disk ... :D ) but to finish the ongoing tournament can be enough ... thank you.
Captain PepeAtila

Postby ender516 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 am

I just saw that lackattack has fixed a problem with the tournament finder in IE8 (reportedly ~30 mins ago). You might want to try again now.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby PepeAtila on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:31 pm

ender516 wrote:I just saw that lackattack has fixed a problem with the tournament finder in IE8 (reportedly ~30 mins ago). You might want to try again now.

Thank you. Now is useful ... :D
I can choose my tournament without type ... even better than before.

Even the "select" works with explorer.
Captain PepeAtila

Previous

Return to Tool Archives