Conquer Club

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AJAX BOB 4.6.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:05 am

Forza AZ wrote:In the new version also the stats for the players that are already eliminated are shown. How can I get rid of them? It's kind of annoying that you see that much info while those players are out already.

That was done on purpose...

Always show everyone - Even if someone has been killed - they will always be shown now - this is so that people can still see the totals missed column etc.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Forza AZ on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:27 am

yeti_c wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:In the new version also the stats for the players that are already eliminated are shown. How can I get rid of them? It's kind of annoying that you see that much info while those players are out already.

Always show everyone - Even if someone has been killed - they will always be shown now - this is so that people can still see the totals missed column etc.

C.

Can't you make an option in the menu, so you can choose if you want to see eliminated players or not?
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:32 am

Forza AZ wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Can't you make an option in the menu, so you can choose if you want to see eliminated players or not?

Yep - I'll add it to the list of recommendations.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lancehoch on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:51 am

If I am using the drop game confirmation script already, will this cause problems? Should I just uninstall the other script?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 am

lancehoch wrote:If I am using the drop game confirmation script already, will this cause problems? Should I just uninstall the other script?

Probably.

Either turn my one off - or remove the other one... not that BOB's version is more powerful - as it should work throughout the forum - not just mygames 2. (Although I'm a shade worried about that comment as I'm not sure if I tested it!)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:38 am

The new additions to BOB this morning are extremely helpful, yeti_c, excellent work. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 am

Just realized something this morning. If you collapse the medals and stuff on someones avatar using BOB, it also hides their Team CC/Moderator badges and information. Now, I'm not so prideful as to say it is a big deal if people don't know I'm a tournament director, but I'm wondering if just to make sure people know who is who if it would be a good idea to not have that part hidden?
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 am

Optimus Prime wrote:Just realized something this morning. If you collapse the medals and stuff on someones avatar using BOB, it also hides their Team CC/Moderator badges and information. Now, I'm not so prideful as to say it is a big deal if people don't know I'm a tournament director, but I'm wondering if just to make sure people know who is who if it would be a good idea to not have that part hidden?

Your coloured name is still visible - I'm plenty sure this is enough to distinguish you by.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 am

yeti_c wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Just realized something this morning. If you collapse the medals and stuff on someones avatar using BOB, it also hides their Team CC/Moderator badges and information. Now, I'm not so prideful as to say it is a big deal if people don't know I'm a tournament director, but I'm wondering if just to make sure people know who is who if it would be a good idea to not have that part hidden?

Your coloured name is still visible - I'm plenty sure this is enough to distinguish you by.

C.

You would be suprised how stupid some people can be . . .
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 am

gimil wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Stupid people won't be able to install BOB...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:53 pm

yeti_c wrote:
gimil wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Stupid people won't be able to install BOB...

C.

Point to yeti_c :lol:
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Zemljanin on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:39 am

yeti_c wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Yep - I'll add it to the list of recommendations.

C.

OMG, why didn't I read this BEFORE I installed 4.6.1... #-o
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Captain Zemljanin

Postby scottp on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:55 pm

suggestion: in the My Games screen, the Time Remaining counts down to the next players turn, not necessarily "my" turn.

Could the screen show somewhere the fraction of (how many players have taken their turns) / (players in the game - 1)

If that could be used to re-order the display, that would be even better.

So, in an 8 player game, the display would show that 5/7 players have taken their turn before I get to go again, and the time remaining (same as is displayed now) for that 5th player.

thanks for BOB!
Major scottp

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:30 pm

yeti, was there a reason for adding that points total in the Elimination summary?? All it shows is the exact same thing as above, just with a - sign.
Major Night Strike

Postby lancehoch on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Night Strike wrote:yeti, was there a reason for adding that points total in the Elimination summary?? All it shows is the exact same thing as above, just with a - sign.

Terminator games
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:12 pm

lancehoch wrote:
Night Strike wrote:yeti, was there a reason for adding that points total in the Elimination summary?? All it shows is the exact same thing as above, just with a - sign.

Terminator games

Then I would suggest removing it for the other options.
Major Night Strike

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:47 am

Night Strike wrote:
lancehoch wrote:

Terminator games

Then I would suggest removing it for the other options.

It's also neater - hence why I left it in for all types.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gdeangel on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:41 pm

I like the "Hide" button on the continent state column. And I know you can already do this in setting, but it would be a nice feature to have a "hide" button for the text map. Most maps I play it doesnt' take up much room so I like to have it on, but for some it's so big you scroll forever to get to chat. Just a "hide/unhide" would be a little more user friendly than having to change the config globally for every map. Just a suggestion
My ever constant two last games seem to have no end in sight!
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:49 pm

gdeangel wrote:I like the "Hide" button on the continent state column. And I know you can already do this in setting, but it would be a nice feature to have a "hide" button for the text map. Most maps I play it doesnt' take up much room so I like to have it on, but for some it's so big you scroll forever to get to chat. Just a "hide/unhide" would be a little more user friendly than having to change the config globally for every map. Just a suggestion

There is the "Scrollable" Button though?

Seems like we have best of all worlds at the moment? i.e. you have 2 different detail levels - you can turn it off - and you can make it scrollable?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:37 pm

I've been wondering for quite some time if there was anything you could add for the more complicated maps. I haven't really been interested in the newer maps because they are very large and it's hard to determine the bonus areas. Any way if you put the cursor where it shows the bonus, that it would highlight terr's in the bonus area like it does for terr's occupied by players ?
Major Scott-Land

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Scott-Land wrote:I've been wondering for quite some time if there was anything you could add for the more complicated maps. I haven't really been interested in the newer maps because they are very large and it's hard to determine the bonus areas. Any way if you put the cursor where it shows the bonus, that it would highlight terr's in the bonus area like it does for terr's occupied by players ?

You need to either a) use the text map - b) use the Continent Overview.

HTH

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:04 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Scott-Land wrote:I've been wondering for quite some time if there was anything you could add for the more complicated maps. I haven't really been interested in the newer maps because they are very large and it's hard to determine the bonus areas. Any way if you put the cursor where it shows the bonus, that it would highlight terr's in the bonus area like it does for terr's occupied by players ?

HTH

C.

Yes- I see. I was referring more along the lines of putting the cursor over say N. America and having all 9 terr's bracketed or highlighted. Thanks
Major Scott-Land

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Scott-Land wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

HTH

C.

Yes- I see. I was referring more along the lines of putting the cursor over say N. America and having all 9 terr's bracketed [ ]. Thanks

Continent Overview is your thing then.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby bob72 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:25 pm

love the confirm drop feature
Private 1st Class bob72

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:29 pm

damn nice option-- wish i had known about it before. Thanks Yeti !
Major Scott-Land

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives