Conquer Club

AJAX BOB 4.7.1 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AJAX BOB 4.6.3 Development/Discussion (don't post bugs here)

Postby Frop on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:04 am

Blitzaholic wrote:well, just that I had some frustrating challenges with some of the updates, i do not think any were yours yeti and it cause me a lot of hassle and time to re-work.

so all we need to do is hit ajax in your sig and we got the newest update and runs well?

and this update helps tournies?

These modders work hard to bring you an enhanced CC experience. Don't take your ineptitude with personal computers out on them, maybe you want to write an angry mail to Microsoft and Mozilla instead.
Captain Frop

Postby lokisgal on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:05 am

Yeti

Im still getting some double armies - Im on a mac if that makes a difference

all is updated and reinstalled - im able to fix it with the map align - any other ideas?

thanks
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby yeti_c on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:01 am

lokisgal wrote:Yeti

Im still getting some double armies - Im on a mac if that makes a difference

all is updated and reinstalled - im able to fix it with the map align - any other ideas?

thanks

How far are the double armies out of sync?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lokisgal on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:34 pm

about 2 up and 1 to the left if i use the alignment tool

its not on all maps just a couple
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby yeti_c on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:37 pm

lokisgal wrote:about 2 up and 1 to the left if i use the alignment tool

its not on all maps just a couple

Looks like you've fallen foul of the inconsistency with FF here - Benjikat had this problem too - however - I can't change it as "most" people are spot on - so if it's only a couple of maps - then you'll have to use the alignment options.

I have a plan that might fix this in the future - it will involve rewriting the map display for BOB - but it might remove this issue completely - It's on the todo - but I don't know when that will be out.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lokisgal on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:42 pm

its seeming like its still all my tourney games - maybe its a mac thing?
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dominator7 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:18 am

yeti:

you are doing an awesome job on this!!!!

Can't imagine playing CC without it, BOB.

Keep up the good work. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Captain Dominator7

Postby grunion on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi,
I have become totally reliant on Bob but unfortunately my wife upgraded to Mac Firefox 3 today and I can't get greasemonkey to install. I get a 203 error and the error console says the following:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
[nsLocalFile.persistentDescriptor]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame ::
file: ///Aoolications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: getAbsoluteDescriptor :: line 438"
data: no]

Can someone kindly advise how to get Greasemonkey to install? I am in the middle of a massive tourney and have >75 active games that I am bound to lose if I don't get Bob back working.

(Well, I'm bound to lose most of them anyway but at least Bob makes it more fun.)

All advice appreciated.
Sergeant 1st Class grunion

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:38 am

Question: Is there any way I can get my old BOB back? I think it was version 4.1.14
I just switched computers since my brother went to college...my dad's using my old computer now so is there any way I can retrieve the script off of that comp as long as my dad didn't delete it?
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby yeti_c on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:21 pm

ParadiceCity9 wrote:Question: Is there any way I can get my old BOB back? I think it was version 4.1.14
I just switched computers since my brother went to college...my dad's using my old computer now so is there any way I can retrieve the script off of that comp as long as my dad didn't delete it?

4.1.14 is obsolete and will provide you with incorrect information.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yowzer14 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:28 pm

ParadiceCity9 wrote:Question: Is there any way I can get my old BOB back? I think it was version 4.1.14

I've probably got a version around that version on a backup, but why would you truly need it, it wouldn't work with the current CC system. Let me know if you really want to try it and I'll find it.....don't ask anyone with help with it though.
Private 1st Class yowzer14

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 am

yowzer14 wrote:

I've probably got a version around that version on a backup, but why would you truly need it, it wouldn't work with the current CC system. Let me know if you really want to try it and I'll find it.....don't ask anyone with help with it though.

I seriously can't take this anymore...my CC freezes all the time now with the new BOB with my old version (which worked perfectly i'll have you know) it never had to Initialize BOB or w/e it does when you open a game.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:50 am

ParadiceCity9 wrote:
yowzer14 wrote:

I seriously can't take this anymore...my CC freezes all the time now with the new BOB with my old version (which worked perfectly i'll have you know) it never had to Initialize BOB or w/e it does when you open a game.

Correct.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby weirdbro on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Have you ever thought of having alignment settings done on a per-map basis adjustment from the all-map alignment settings? It would prevent the double armies bug.
Sergeant weirdbro

Postby yeti_c on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:24 pm

weirdbro wrote:Have you ever thought of having alignment settings done on a per-map basis adjustment from the all-map alignment settings? It would prevent the double armies bug.

Map Alignment settings are ALL per map!?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Incandenza on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Sooooo, not sure if this has been mentioned, but I wouldn't mind more dynamic snapshots. i.e. I could set up BOB to take a snapshot when the game is initialized (so I won't have to worry about losing information in the fog if the other guy goes first while I'm not online), or when the opponent finishes his deployment (so I can see his army layout before he attacks). Basically I would like for the snapshots to give me information that I'd be able to get by physically sitting and looking at the map/turn/whatever, without having to physically sit and look at the map/turn/whatever.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby yeti_c on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 am

Incandenza wrote:Sooooo, not sure if this has been mentioned, but I wouldn't mind more dynamic snapshots. i.e. I could set up BOB to take a snapshot when the game is initialized (so I won't have to worry about losing information in the fog if the other guy goes first while I'm not online), or when the opponent finishes his deployment (so I can see his army layout before he attacks). Basically I would like for the snapshots to give me information that I'd be able to get by physically sitting and looking at the map/turn/whatever, without having to physically sit and look at the map/turn/whatever.

Would love to do this - however - but it's not overly easy/possible.

i.e. for an "auto snapshot" - then you would have to be online when the game started - then I would have to code in a "checker" script - that went to check your games to see if they started (every half a minute or so)... so it wouldn't really work!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Incandenza on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:57 am

Booooooo...

I mean, having to be online for the concept to work isn't a deal-breaker. All that would mean is that I could frack around in the forums or play a different game while waiting for games to fill, rather than obsessively refreshing the my games page to ensure I don't miss anything in the fog. But, the checker thing...

My idiot non-tech brain envisioned some sort of burst of xml/information/whatever that occurs when a game is initialized, and BOB could be configured to watch and react to said burst by taking a snapshot. I'm gonna go way out on a limb and guess that it's a lot more complicated than that, as I could write down every last thing I know about XML on a condom wrapper with a Magic Marker and still have room to doodle in the margins.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby yeti_c on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:05 am

Yeah - essentially you're right...

There are other ways but basically it would involve some kind of polling system to ensure that the game start wasn't missed.

Who knows - somewhere down the line we might be able to get Lack to code some kindof alert channel that can be picked up by BOB for this purpose.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby dakky21 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 am

IDEA: sum up the fortification armies ...

since there are maps where much armies are deployed (the new City mogul) and since there are games in round 100+ with many many armies, I thought it may be cool if the BOB sum's up the possible fortifications.

I mean i want to fortify 5 from 18 armies. I thought it may be cool if the BOB listed following in drop menu: 1 2 3 4 5 (first five) 8 9 10 (middle) and 16 17 18 (last 3). But if someone wants to fortify his own number of armies, he would need to scroll down, as usual... after the 11 "most used" there would be a full list just like before...

On games where armies are counted in thousands, it would help greatly... to be able to quickly fortify 1 2 3 4 5, 499,500,501, 997 998 999 armies without the need to scroll down a very long list. If someone wanted to fortify 667 armies, he would scroll down anyway...
Captain dakky21

Postby lancehoch on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:57 am

If you click the dropdown marker, you can then start to type the number and you will be brought straight to your choice.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby ztodd on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:34 am

What's the new [Calc] by Territories in the stats? How come it's not in the help yet or on the first page of this thread?
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Postby ztodd on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:43 am

ztodd wrote:What's the new [Calc] by Territories in the stats? How come it's not in the help yet or on the first page of this thread?

Ahh, forgive me. I should have tried a search on the thread first. I see that it's to show the calculated # of territories in a foggy game. I thought it was a new thing since I hadn't seen it before, but that's just cuz this was my first foggy game w/Bob. But why isn't it in Bob's help?
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Postby yeti_c on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:36 am

ztodd wrote:
ztodd wrote:What's the new [Calc] by Territories in the stats? How come it's not in the help yet or on the first page of this thread?

Ahh, forgive me. I should have tried a search on the thread first. I see that it's to show the calculated # of territories in a foggy game. I thought it was a new thing since I hadn't seen it before, but that's just cuz this was my first foggy game w/Bob. But why isn't it in Bob's help?

It is in the help...

BOB Help wrote: About the number of territories
In non Fog of War games the "Territories" column shows the total territories held for each player. In Fog of War games the column is renamed "Territories [Calc]" and shows the number of visible territories held followed by the total number of territories held in square brackets. This total number is calculated by scanning the Game Log and so is only accurate when the full Game Log is loaded.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Auto-BOB off

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Concise description:
  • Have something set so BOB doesn't turn on for certain games.

Specifics:
  • Some games have way too many armies on the board and slow computers up a lot because BOB has to load. Have a little check-box or something that, when you say jump to next playable game and one of those games comes up, it will automatically turn off BOB.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Will stop computers from dreadfully slowing down when opening long build games and things of that nature.

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives