Conquer Club

Fog Analyzer

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Fog Analyzer

Postby newline on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:08 am

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/18465

This is only a beta version but seams to be running nicely.
Fog Analyzer will keep track of the # of enemy territories in fog of way games.

I am currently talking with yeti_c to see if it can be included with his next update.

@version 1.5.0
upgrades
~ Added player names
~ Only appears for Fog of War games
~ compressed code
~ no longer displays deadbeats
~ smart logger(includes players as they appear)

bugs
~ None Know

To Do
~Create Table
~Mass Produce

for discussion on the ethics of this script please visit here

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/18465
Last edited by newline on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class newline

Postby CrabNebula on Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:50 am

Works great! Good job!

It would be quite nice if you can replace "player1", "player2" etc with the actual names and format the output and give titles. Also if you can make it not activate if the game type is not fog of war.
Sergeant 1st Class CrabNebula

Postby bryguy on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:03 am

and why would i need this?? i already use my own techniques (or AoRmight) for fog of war, and only 2 out of 15 times have i been wrong 8)
Corporal bryguy

Postby CrabNebula on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:33 am

bryguy wrote:and why would i need this?? i already use my own techniques (or AoRmight) for fog of war, and only 2 out of 15 times have i been wrong 8)

And that 2 times will cost you a game while this script has got 100% correct results till now :P
Sergeant 1st Class CrabNebula

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:58 pm

I don't think you have this compatable with AJAX, seeing as how I have to reload the page to get it to work...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby newline on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:07 pm

hecter wrote:I don't think you have this compatible with AJAX, seeing as how I have to reload the page to get it to work...

do you have any clue on how to make it compatible?

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:15 pm

klupar wrote:
hecter wrote:I don't think you have this compatible with AJAX, seeing as how I have to reload the page to get it to work...

do you have any clue on how to make it compatible?

Ask yeti.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Risktaker17 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Downloads psshhh. REAL CC PLAYERS DON'T NEED DOWNLOADS!
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

Postby Hrvat on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:39 pm

So, why do we have a Fog of war maps/option, if there is a script that show how many territories opponents have ????

I was under the impression that challenge in Fog of war map is that we are supposed to work out ourselves that info.

If you want your script to print out how many territories everyone has.... why are you playing fog of war???? :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :? :?
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:40 pm

Hrvat wrote:So, why do we have a Fog of war maps/option, if there is a script that show how many territories opponents have ????

I was under the impression that challenge in Fog of war map is that we are supposed to work out ourselves that info.

If you want your script to print out how many territories everyone has.... why are you playing fog of war???? :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :? :?

Because having a script is easier than looking in the game log :?
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby newline on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Hrvat wrote:So, why do we have a Fog of war maps/option, if there is a script that show how many territories opponents have ????

Fog of way also allows players to keep their total number of armies hidden until it is too late. the reason i made this script was so i knew weather or not to try and kill people off, cause if i messed up it would give the advantage to the other player.

Postby Hrvat on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:58 pm

klupar wrote:

Fog of way also allows players to keep their total number of armies hidden until it is too late. the reason i made this script was so i knew weather or not to try and kill people off, cause if i messed up it would give the advantage to the other player.

Ergo... that is why this is a Fog of war.
We need to work out numbers, and if we are wrong we lose!
That is The whole point of Fog of war. We should never be totally sure how many countries EVERY opponent has..., Now, by simply glancing at a Script Display, number of all opponents HIDDEN countries is displayed, no skill or effort required.

With this script, all we need to think about, where is the opponent, and if he has any real forces on his country.
Defeats the whole purpose of Fog of war.

:evil:
Last edited by Hrvat on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:01 pm

Just so ya know, all this script does is take information from the game log and makes is easily accessible. Don't like it, don't use it.

Also, maybe you could have how many armies they'll receive along with territories.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby TheScarecrow on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:58 am

but geez as hrvat says this script is turning the Fog of War games into no Fog of War games.

i mean how long would it take until some clever person codes in how many armies players would get given certain territories.

the problem i have with this script is that there is absolutely no error. the human mistakes involved with manually going through the game log are natural and part of any FoW game. Taking this factor out really defeats the purpose of FoW.

why dont i just not bother with Fog of War and just play 'normally'?

i LIKE fog of war because of the added risk of making a wrong move at the wrong time.
Cook TheScarecrow

Postby hecter on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:00 am

TheScarecrow wrote:but geez as hrvat says this script is turning the Fog of War games into no Fog of War games.

i mean how long would it take until some clever person codes in how many armies players would get given certain territories.

the problem i have with this script is that there is absolutely no error. the human mistakes involved with manually going through the game log are natural and part of any FoW game. Taking this factor out really defeats the purpose of FoW.

why dont i just not bother with Fog of War and just play 'normally'?

i LIKE fog of war because of the added risk of making a wrong move at the wrong time.

Then don't download the script! :roll: Jesus, it's not like we're forcing you to do a damned thing. This script is available to anybody who wants it. If you don't want it, then DON'T USE IT!
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby TheScarecrow on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:04 am

im not going to download the script!

for christs sake!

i have seen a fair number of games where a player has been beaten down to a 3 army / turn scenario and have gone on to win the game. how is this streak of excellent playing going to be POSSIBLE with this noobish script out that defeats the VERY SOUL of FoW?????????
Cook TheScarecrow

Postby hecter on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:05 am

TheScarecrow wrote:i have seen a fair number of games where a player has been beaten down to a 3 army / turn scenario and have gone on to win the game. how is this streak of excellent playing going to be POSSIBLE with this noobish script out that defeats the VERY SOUL of FoW?????????

Because you can only do so much with the knowledge of how many territories your enemy has! Jesus, suck it up!
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby TheScarecrow on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:12 am

oh yeh so you see for example

Hecter 15 territories
TheScarecrow 3 territories
HelenOfTroy 16 territories

and you can see one of my territories... wouldnt that entice you to chase after me? to find if my other two territories were nearby?

if this info wasnt so obviously availbale wouldnt you be more focused on building your armies and nibbling at HelenOfTroy?

if you KNOW what you are doing you DONT NEED this stupid script.
Cook TheScarecrow

Postby hecter on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:18 am

TheScarecrow wrote:oh yeh so you see for example

Hecter 15 territories
TheScarecrow 3 territories
HelenOfTroy 16 territories

and you can see one of my territories... wouldnt that entice you to chase after me? to find if my other two territories were nearby?

if this info wasnt so obviously availbale wouldnt you be more focused on building your armies and nibbling at HelenOfTroy?

if you KNOW what you are doing you DONT NEED this stupid script.

Or, I could just go and look at the game log. I can see that you received 3 armies for 7 territories. I can also see that HelenOfTroy attacked you four times. This script really doesn't do much...
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:52 am

Klupar,

Thanks for the ideas - I have adapted your code into BOB now - let me know what you think.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby TheScarecrow on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:48 pm

my point is though that Fog of War as we knew it b4 this script that you would have to go thru the log as you went... and if you made a mistake youd pay for it with your points in some cases.

from what ive been able to tell by reading thru what ppl have said about this script it is perfect and error free. the only thing that this script WONT be able to tell you PERFECTLY is where players have continents...

however to kuplar... i give you respect for the programming you would have to have done! this Fog Analyzer of yours would not have been easy to code!
Cook TheScarecrow

Postby newline on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:54 pm

TheScarecrow wrote:from what ive been able to tell by reading thru what ppl have said about this script it is perfect and error free. the only thing that this script WONT be able to tell you PERFECTLY is where players have continents...
if it told you that then there would be no need for a fog of war style, seeing as one could see through the fog with this script.

The purpose of this script is simple to show who could be a current or future threat

Postby TheScarecrow on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:55 am

i know but to automate this process of going thru the game log?

it kinda disturbs me a little
Cook TheScarecrow

Postby Forza AZ on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:58 pm

TheScarecrow wrote:i know but to automate this process of going thru the game log?

Well, that is the same for No-Fog games isn't it? It's just about showing the number of territories, which you also can calculate yourself from the game-log. So I don't see any difference with the script for no-Fog games. Of course it should never be the case that you also see the number of armies, because then Fog games would be no fun any more.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby rebelman on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Forza AZ wrote:
TheScarecrow wrote:i know but to automate this process of going thru the game log?

Well, that is the same for No-Fog games isn't it? It's just about showing the number of territories, which you also can calculate yourself from the game-log. So I don't see any difference with the script for no-Fog games. Of course it should never be the case that you also see the number of armies, because then Fog games would be no fun any more.

agree 100 %
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Next

Return to Tool Archives