Conquer Club

BOB Bugs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Teutonics on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Today's update isn't ready for mainstream yet. My entire BOB console stopped working soon after I added the update & CC is not functioning correctly anymore. The army counts on the pull-down menus all show "1" and I also must now refresh the browser between every single action I take in my speed game. Yet, even the constant refreshing doesn't always allow me to perform routine CC actions, such as posting comments to the chat. This happened mid-game. Rebooting had no effect. Will reinstall an old version of BOB after this game.
Corporal 1st Class Teutonics

Re: King of the Mountains, continued

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:10 am

Unbathed wrote:The error reappeared, and the so-far successful workaround is:
  1. Uninstall BOB, including saved preferences
  2. Uninstall Greasemonkey
  3. Restart Firefox
  4. Reinstall Greasemonkey
  5. Reinstall BOB.

I will let you know if anything interesting happens.

Hmmm - that's disappointing... do you know what version of Firefox you are running?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:11 am

Teutonics wrote:Today's update isn't ready for mainstream yet. My entire BOB console stopped working soon after I added the update & CC is not functioning correctly anymore. The army counts on the pull-down menus all show "1" and I also must now refresh the browser between every single action I take in my speed game. Yet, even the constant refreshing doesn't always allow me to perform routine CC actions, such as posting comments to the chat. This happened mid-game. Rebooting had no effect. Will reinstall an old version of BOB after this game.

I've said it before - and I'll say it again... OLD VERSIONS OF BOB WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Snowman on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 am

yeti_c wrote:
Teutonics wrote:Today's update isn't ready for mainstream yet. My entire BOB console stopped working soon after I added the update & CC is not functioning correctly anymore. The army counts on the pull-down menus all show "1" and I also must now refresh the browser between every single action I take in my speed game. Yet, even the constant refreshing doesn't always allow me to perform routine CC actions, such as posting comments to the chat. This happened mid-game. Rebooting had no effect. Will reinstall an old version of BOB after this game.

I've said it before - and I'll say it again... OLD VERSIONS OF BOB WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

C.

I'm using BOB 4.3.6 on FF 2.0.0.12 and I'm getter similar problems (the need to refresh before each action being particularly frustrating). I've uninstalled the script, deleting the preferences and then uninstalled Greasemonkey. After reinstalling both it's made no difference sadly. Any ideas?
Sergeant 1st Class Snowman

Postby Skittles! on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:43 am

Having a problem with 4.3.6 and before when I had 4.3.0.

When I have a set, and I tick all the cards I want to cash in, I click "play set" but it does not go any farther than that. I click it multiple times, yet it just loads slightly but goes back to nothing happening.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:48 am

Snowman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

I'm using BOB 4.3.6 on FF 2.0.0.12 and I'm getter similar problems (the need to refresh before each action being particularly frustrating). I've uninstalled the script, deleting the preferences and then uninstalled Greasemonkey. After reinstalling both it's made no difference sadly. Any ideas?

It works perfectly on my FF 2.0.0.12... so I have to assume user error of some type...

Do you have more than one BOB script installed?
Have you disabled some settings anywhere?
What are the errors in your error console?
Have you tried a CTRL F5 on any game pages?
Does the game that is failing have any "netural has deadbeated" logs in?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Teutonics on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:55 am

Snowman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Yeti didn't seem to understand. I am using the new BOB 4.3.6 (on FF 2.0.0.5). I am not sure what version of BOB I had before, but 4.3.6 doesn't work and CC no longer works correctly. I haven't been able to fix the problem, so I will have to uninstall the add-on until the kink is worked out.

Edit --

Only 1 version of BOB.
It stopped working mid-game. I had not made any changes to the settings before it crashed on me.
Game in play did not have any "neutral has deadbeated."
(Check my last game to see the situation)
Did not try Control-F5.

Console errors --
1) Pull down menus originally had "7" listed for all army counts, then later changed to "1." I had more than 7 armies on several provinces at the time. Not sure why it defaulted to 7.
2) Chat almost inoperable because the "post chat" button keeps graying out, even after multiple refreshes.
3) Have to refresh after every change is made.
4) Have to refresh to see actions that others take.
5) The Clock counts down on its on & is not being updated as other people play.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:15 am

Error Console I meant...

goto "Tools" -> "Error Console" -> "Errors".

Can you try upgrading your FF to 2.0.0.12 to see if that works?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Snowman on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:15 am

yeti_c wrote:
Snowman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

It works perfectly on my FF 2.0.0.12... so I have to assume user error of some type...

Do you have more than one BOB script installed?
Have you disabled some settings anywhere?
What are the errors in your error console?
Have you tried a CTRL F5 on any game pages?
Does the game that is failing have any "netural has deadbeated" logs in?

C.

I should clarify that I am on a Mac not a PC. I've also tried the site using BonEcho but get the same problems. I have refreshed from the server, removed all other scripts and as far as I can remember have no settings disabled.

Its not just happening on one game but on all games - I'm not getting the stats at all. What I've discovered is that any setting that I had switched off (eg. HUD, text map) seems to work with the new version but anything that was switched on (such as stats, map inspect) doesn't.

The error console shows this message;

"Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open"

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 am

"Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open"

Sounds like you may have a security setting somewhere that denies the use of this function...

If you want to work round this - then you can try going into a game - setting "full logs" to On - Now if you enter games by the "My Games" screen - then you will link with full logs - and the XMLHttpRequest doesn't get run (bear in mind that "Snapshots" won't work for you either).

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Teutonics on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 am

Skittles comment about the cashing in of the set reminded me -- I think the BOB meltdown started after I couldn't cash in a set. I encountered the same problem with the game just "loading slightly, but nothing happening." I'm 85% certain that that was the 1st sign of failure.

Postby Snowman on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:24 am

yeti_c wrote:

Sounds like you may have a security setting somewhere that denies the use of this function...

If you want to work round this - then you can try going into a game - setting "full logs" to On - Now if you enter games by the "My Games" screen - then you will link with full logs - and the XMLHttpRequest doesn't get run (bear in mind that "Snapshots" won't work for you either).

C.

Thanks - That's done the trick. I'll have to check the security settings.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:25 am

Snowman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Thanks - That's done the trick. I'll have to check the security settings.

The good thing now is that you can test the security settings one by one by attempting to take snapshots... (They fail a bit nicer) so you can change each setting one by one until you work out what you've got...

When you have worked it out - can you post back in here?

Cheers,

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Teutonics on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:46 am

GreaseMonkey Errors are:

Error: log is not a function
Source File: chrome://greasemonkey/content/browser.js
Line: 302

Multiple hits on this error. Comments about GreaseMonkey memory leakage:

* A content document has unloaded. We need to remove it's menuCommander to
* avoid leaking it's memory.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:50 am

Teutonics wrote:GreaseMonkey Errors are:

Error: log is not a function
Source File: chrome://greasemonkey/content/browser.js
Line: 302

Multiple hits on this error. Comments about GreaseMonkey memory leakage:

* A content document has unloaded. We need to remove it's menuCommander to
* avoid leaking it's memory.

This isn't my error I'm afraid... This looks to be a GreaseMonkey failing.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:55 am

Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Teutonics on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:48 am

There were a litany of other Console errors, but it was hard to trace which one might be associated with BOB. But it may not matter.. I reinstalled BOB and it seems to be functioning now (outside of gameplay), as the HideMenu on/off toggle is working now. I won't have time to start a new game for several more days, as I am going on-call in a few minutes. Thanks for your helpful feedback and your work on BOB !!

Postby xmaveric on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:41 am

In the elimination log, each line starts with a close tag "/>"
Corporal xmaveric

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:25 am

xmaveric wrote:In the elimination log, each line starts with a close tag "/>"

Yeah I've got a fix for that - Lack gives me the log in a different format if I download it rather than from the screen!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Lobster Crush on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi all,

FYI, FF3 beta 4 has just been released, and seems to clear up the incompatibility the latest BOB has with FF3 beta 3. Grab it from:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

Seems way speedier than FF3b3 too...but as always, use beta software at your own risk!

Cheers,
LC
Sergeant 1st Class Lobster Crush

Postby yeti_c on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:31 am

Lobster Crush wrote:Hi all,

FYI, FF3 beta 4 has just been released, and seems to clear up the incompatibility the latest BOB has with FF3 beta 3. Grab it from:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

Seems way speedier than FF3b3 too...but as always, use beta software at your own risk!

Cheers,
LC

Superb news Lobster - thanks for checking that out for me.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby jbeaver on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:54 pm

reinstalled GM and BOB and still getting
ERROR: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open
Colonel jbeaver

Postby yeti_c on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 pm

jbeaver wrote:reinstalled GM and BOB and still getting

I suspect you have a security setting somewhere that is disallowing this function...

I mentioned to Snowman that the best way to "workaround" it - is to go into a game and turn on "full log" - this will then avoid the use of this call - and therefore allow you to play... however this only works from the Mygames page - the "next game available" link won't work...

Once you have it running - then adjust your security settings and take Snapshots - to see if you can use them - if you can then you have solved your problem.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby jbeaver on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:10 pm

yeti_c wrote:
jbeaver wrote:reinstalled GM and BOB and still getting

I suspect you have a security setting somewhere that is disallowing this function...

C.

it is possible but
1. the script worked then it stopped then it worked again. it doesn't look like security caused such a behavior
2. i've added CC to trusted sites and the problem wasn't fixed
Colonel jbeaver

Postby cairnswk on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:19 pm

C....just noticed something in the elimination summary...i think that belongs to BOB doesn't it?

Elimination Summary
/>2008-03-11 19:03:04 - Rectifier96 eliminated tori101401 from the game in round - 7
/>2008-03-11 19:03:04 - tori101401 loses 16 points in round - 7
/>2008-03-11 19:03:04 - Rectifier96 gains 16 points in round - 7

should these "/>"s be there at the start of the notations.

Regards
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives