Conquer Club

BOB Bugs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ajax bob problem?

Postby Pat on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:23 pm

GEEEEE THANKS SHERKANER REALLY THANKS NO REALLY IM SERIOUS THANKS!!!!!!!! BECAUSE LIKE, TELLING ME IM POSTING IN THE WRONG FORUM REALLY HELPS, AND TELLING ME YOUR WORKING ON IT HELPS EVEN MORE. GEE I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU. I'D PROBABLY WALK AIMLESSLY IN A CIRCLE, OVER....AND OVER..... AND OVER.,
Lieutenant Pat

Re: BOB Bugs

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:29 pm

sherkaner wrote:I think version 4.7.7 removes that script message. I haven't seen that message much myself, but the memory usage doesn't go up any more afterwards.
Weird problem, sorry.

I loaded that and it seems to have fixed it. :)
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby sherkaner on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Pat wrote:GEEEEE THANKS SHERKANER REALLY THANKS NO REALLY IM SERIOUS THANKS!!!!!!!! BECAUSE LIKE, TELLING ME IM POSTING IN THE WRONG FORUM REALLY HELPS, AND TELLING ME YOUR WORKING ON IT HELPS EVEN MORE. GEE I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU. I'D PROBABLY WALK AIMLESSLY IN A CIRCLE, OVER....AND OVER..... AND OVER.,

hmm, maybe you could check that thread I mentioned for more details then? And of course, the right way to respond to a seemingly useless post is a (very) useless post.

But I think I fixed the problem now, just upgrade to 4.7.7
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 pm

sherkaner wrote:
Pat wrote:GEEEEE THANKS SHERKANER REALLY THANKS NO REALLY IM SERIOUS THANKS!!!!!!!! BECAUSE LIKE, TELLING ME IM POSTING IN THE WRONG FORUM REALLY HELPS, AND TELLING ME YOUR WORKING ON IT HELPS EVEN MORE. GEE I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU. I'D PROBABLY WALK AIMLESSLY IN A CIRCLE, OVER....AND OVER..... AND OVER.,

hmm, maybe you could check that thread I mentioned for more details then? And of course, the right way to respond to a seemingly useless post is a (very) useless post.

Welcome to the world of CC script writers... (doing great, sherkaner, bravo!)
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby jrbedwell on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:37 pm

sherkaner wrote:

Looks like that worked - thanks!
Colonel jrbedwell

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Philippines broke! :shock:
Captain Gilligan

Postby laddida on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 pm

now when loading certain maps not all im getting a parcing xml in the middle of the map that never goes away i have to turn off bob if i want to play my turn which isnt useful at all but so far only has done it on europe 1914, philippines, ww2 as far as ive noticed i dont know what else it could be doing it to.
General laddida

Postby JoJo123 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 pm

laddida wrote:now when loading certain maps not all im getting a parcing xml in the middle of the map that never goes away i have to turn off bob if i want to play my turn which isnt useful at all but so far only has done it on europe 1914, philippines, ww2 as far as ive noticed i dont know what else it could be doing it to.

That's what happened to me on WWII Europe.
Corporal JoJo123

Postby laddida on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:41 pm

JoJo123 wrote:
laddida wrote:now when loading certain maps not all im getting a parcing xml in the middle of the map that never goes away i have to turn off bob if i want to play my turn which isnt useful at all but so far only has done it on europe 1914, philippines, ww2 as far as ive noticed i dont know what else it could be doing it to.

that is what i meant wwII europe same map
General laddida

Postby Ray Rider on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm

laddida wrote:
JoJo123 wrote:

that is what i meant wwII europe same map

Yeah, I've been having the same problem on my Philippines and Europe 1914 games since I installed the newest update for BOB. Is there a way to rollback the update?
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby theflycassanova on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:00 am

It is happening on my Peloponnesian War games as well.."Parsing XML"
Funny how its only the maps mentioned above and not any others..

Such an indispensable asset to my campaign. I feel a little disoriented without it! :-s
General theflycassanova

Postby theflycassanova on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:05 am

Ok, I installed Version 4.7.3, from Yeti's original link,
and still encountered the "parsing xml" freeze...
any ideas?
General theflycassanova

Postby railfrog on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:04 am

Not sure if this is a BOB fault or not, but since updating to 4.7.7 the colours on the map that shows the number of armies in the territorys are not as clear as they were. They seem "smudged"
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Major railfrog

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:48 am

theflycassanova wrote:Ok, I installed Version 4.7.3, from Yeti's original link,
and still encountered the "parsing xml" freeze...
any ideas?

Yeah, I have ideas now (Thanks for checking btw, I wasn't sure yet).
It seems like the map xml of those maps were changed, BOB needs that XML to know attack lines etc.
In the case of Phillipines, the access is denied (as can be seen by pressing this link: http://maps.conquerclub.com/Philippines.xml ).
On the other maps mentioned the char encoding seems to be off. And it seems to be spreading, since I played Peloponnesian War without problems an hour ago (while investigating the others), but now it changed too.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:52 am

I can't actually solve it for now as far as I see, I'm dependent on the site for this one (I'd guess Amazon CloudFront could be a cause in this case).

But I've changed it into a warning on the right, it isn't blocking the game any more. And the stats work fine.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Ray Rider on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 am

sherkaner wrote:I can't actually solve it for now as far as I see, I'm dependent on the site for this one (I'd guess Amazon CloudFront could be a cause in this case).

But I've changed it into a warning on the right, it isn't blocking the game any more. And the stats work fine.

Thank you very much for at least fixing it this much! I feel lost without BOB 8-[
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Namor on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:58 am

I'm getting the same 'parcing xml' problem on Europe 1914.

I'm also having a problem on the BOB Menu. Everytime I open Firefox afresh, the menu has a flashing 'Update Available'. I've clicked this 3 times now, thinking it was just that there were new updates on a daily basis, but am now assuming it to be a bug.

I have version 4.7.7
Colonel Namor

Postby endar1077 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Could this all be due to the server update?
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Postby amor_ksir on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Since downloading the latest 2 versions of BOB I cannot enter the Europe 1914 games. My system gives an error "parsing XML" Any suggestions?
Private 1st Class amor_ksir

Postby amor_ksir on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Since downloading the latest 2 versions of BOB I cannot enter the Europe 1914 games. My system gives an error "parsing XML" Any suggestions?
Private 1st Class amor_ksir

Postby Kinnison on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:21 pm

WWII Europe / BOB 4.7.8

I am NOT getting "parsing XML".

however, I do get this alert:
BOB: xml for this map is not correct, map inspect and text map are off

Bug also posted in the forum for WWII Europe. I'm not sure where the error is, but if it IS in the XML, I figure they can find it faster. ;)
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby Artimis on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:43 pm

BOB: xml for this map is not correct, map inspect and text map are off

I got that message from BOB in Game 5154277, playing Sequential Quads on WWII Europe 1939-1945
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby neanderpaul14 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:46 pm

JoJo123 wrote:

And pelopenessian war as well
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Not so much a Bug - as error reporting?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:00 pm

something like that, see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91650&p=2109996 for my current guess. And version 4.7.8 should at least allow you to play, but without map inspect (previous versions won't).
Colonel sherkaner

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives