Conquer Club

Can someone create a script to track my points history

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Can someone create a script to track my points history

Postby bob72 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:32 am

I have looked and the points one and lost and the dates on which they were won are available via the game logs.

If I could somehow collate this info via a search I could use the data to show my points history over the last year.

It cannot be done using simply the game number as they sometimes start earlier and finish later than others.

For example my first three matches were losses

493565 Lost 17 points at 2007-06-25 01:10:49
497162 Lost 20 points at 2007-06-16 17:44:44
538863 Lost 14 points at 2007-06-21 00:25:02

If I could somehow get this information for all 545 matches that would be great. :geek:

Or would scripts like that overload the server?

Thanks to the geniouses behind the BOB and Map Rank scripts and thanks for any replies given.

Ciao,
John
Private 1st Class bob72

Re: Can someone create a script to track my points history

Postby n00blet on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:24 pm

This would be really cool, if it was displayed like a graph or something. One problem though, is all the games that lost their logs permanently. The script would have to have some way of dealing with that by overcompensating in some games, or giving a rough estimate in the games without logs so as to make its final calculation of your score match the score you have at the moment you run it.
Captain n00blet

Postby lancehoch on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 pm

The easiest way, and seemingly least server intensive, would be to track beginning now and going forward. You could probably do this by looking at the game logs of all games from after the script was installed.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:17 pm

bob72 wrote:I have looked and the points one and lost and the dates on which they were won are available via the game logs.

If I could somehow collate this info via a search I could use the data to show my points history over the last year.

It cannot be done using simply the game number as they sometimes start earlier and finish later than others.

For example my first three matches were losses

493565 Lost 17 points at 2007-06-25 01:10:49
497162 Lost 20 points at 2007-06-16 17:44:44
538863 Lost 14 points at 2007-06-21 00:25:02

If I could somehow get this information for all 545 matches that would be great. :geek:

Or would scripts like that overload the server?

Thanks to the geniouses behind the BOB and Map Rank scripts and thanks for any replies given.

Ciao,
John

The simplest way requires you doing some work.

I have done this and it does make an interesting graph.

You set up a standard spread sheet.

Title the columns: Game no. points+/- running total

In the first row under the running total you place the figure 1000
Then you start the hard work.
Go thru your history, checking each game, taking the number and pasting it into the game no. column
Take the points won or lost and place into the second column (points+/-)
Set up the equation that the running total column is the sum of the previous number (in this case 1000) and add the next cell down under the points. This will auto update each time you drag down with the cross hairs.

You can then apply a graph, insert moving averages etc etc.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby insomniacdude on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:50 am

lancehoch wrote:The easiest way, and seemingly least server intensive, would be to track beginning now and going forward. You could probably do this by looking at the game logs of all games from after the script was installed.

That would be really easy. Have a script check for newly finished games whenever you log in (not sure how that could handle Terminator eliminations though). After a few months the graphs start to look really detailed. It would be really cool to get a social aspect as well, allowing people to view other people's graphs.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby pamoa on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 am

Allready suggest score history displayed as a graphic but no real answer!
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby chipv on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:57 pm

Not sure if you're aware but Map Rank now has this in the form of charts.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Return to Tool Archives