Conquer Club

Utilities & Plugins for Conquer Club

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:50 am

pittman wrote:you sure? I tried posting the url to a fresh page and it brought me straight to the Index of Maps page, which means the url seems to be correct without the 'maps' at the end. I'll give it a shot anyways

No you're right - apologies...

But the problem is - the proxy mangles the path on the end...

For instance - this is the link to the africa.xml...

http://www.thedailyproxy.com/search.php ... JpY2EueG1s

BOB can't quite cope with that I don't think?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:55 am

Actually I tried putting the /maps at the end of the url. It brought me to the right page. But making that change in the script still didn't help. Man we're almost there and not quite!

You sure the syntax is not a problem? The code dropping to the next line?
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:57 am

pittman wrote:Actually I tried putting the /maps at the end of the url. It brought me to the right page. But making that change in the script still didn't help. Man we're almost there and not quite!

You sure the syntax is not a problem? The code dropping to the next line?

It should be fine as long as there is no real white space in there - try turning wordwrap off...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:06 am

I turned off word wrap and found there was one space after url: I took it off but it made no difference.

Any other ideas?
Captain pittman

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:12 am

Lets say I;m desperate, can I edit the script to go directly to the map I'm playing on rather than through the index page? Obviously this editing will have to be done for every game separately, crazy but possible?
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:14 am

pittman wrote:Lets say I;m desperate, can I edit the script to go directly to the map I'm playing on rather than through the index page? Obviously this editing will have to be done for every game separately, crazy but possible?

That would work... it would have to look similar too...

(I dropped the +mapname+.xml bit

Code: Select all
GM_xmlhttpRequest({method: 'GET',url: 'http://www.thedailyproxy.com/search.php?q=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jb25xdWVyY2x1Yi5jb20vbWFwcy8%3D',headers: {'User-agent': 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible) Greasemonkey/0.3 BOB' , 'Accept': 'application/xml,text/xml'},onload:
function(responseDetails)

C.

PS - that URL is not the correct one!
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:15 am

A better plan though - would be to download all the XML files to your local machine...

and replace with something like

'C:\maps\'

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:22 am

I tried on the classic map! What little I had also disappeared! So now I don't have the clock and the menu which were there before!!

I have to leave for a couple of hours. Let me know if you can figure this out.

Its a good fresh challenge for you!
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:33 am

Hmmm - looks like GM can't read direct to your C: - probably a good thing I suppose...

Is there any webspace that you can look at?

Even if it's local as long as you can read it with a http: request? i.e. an intranet site?

If so if you could create the ability to read the files from there - then that would work?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:40 am

yeti_c wrote:Hmmm - looks like GM can't read direct to your C: - probably a good thing I suppose...

Even if it's local as long as you can read it with a http: request? i.e. an intranet site?

If so if you could create the ability to read the files from there - then that would work?

C.

Hi I'm back. Are these two alternative solutions? Downloading to my machine and using intranet space? Just to clarify, I haven't tried the xml downloading bit. My previous post was about your previous solution.

I guess with my level of competence downloading the files looks like a better option. But how much space will this take?
In case we need the web space thingy, can I download and upload to a free web space like geocities or something? Since that's not blocked I could access that. (Though I have no clue how it can be done!)
Last edited by pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:42 am

pittman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Hmmm - looks like GM can't read direct to your C: - probably a good thing I suppose...

C.

Hi I'm back. Are these two alternative solutions? Downloading to my machine and using intranet space?

I guess with my level of competence downloading the files looks like a better option. But how much space will this take?
In case we need the web space thingy, can I download and upload to a free web space like geocities or something? Since that's not blocked I could access that. (Though I have no clue how it can be done!)

Downloading local won't work I don't think...

Down and then uploading to a site would work - as long as you can find one that gives a static folder level... I think http://www.fileden.com does...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:55 am

I just registered on fileden. What steps do I take to upload? Actually how do I download the xml file. Do I copy and paste to a text editor? Or is there a special xml format?
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:57 am

pittman wrote:I just registered on fileden. What steps do I take to upload? Actually how do I download the xml file. Do I copy and paste to a text editor? Or is there a special xml format?

goto the directoy listing then right click on each xml file and save as somewhere...

Then you can reupload them in fileden by going to the upload tab...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 am

yeti_c wrote:
pittman wrote:I just registered on fileden. What steps do I take to upload? Actually how do I download the xml file. Do I copy and paste to a text editor? Or is there a special xml format?

goto the directoy listing then right click on each xml file and save as somewhere...

C.

I'm not getting a "save target as" option only a "save link as"

I tried copying and pasting the whole file onto Word and saving it as an xml file. Will this work?
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:06 am

pittman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

I'm not getting a "save target as" option only a "save link as"

I tried copying and pasting the whole file onto Word and saving it as an xml file. Will this work?

That'll do...

Don't copy and paste... the browser puts a load of shit in the middle of the XML that won't work.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:10 am

But the "save link as" doesn;t give me the xml file itself. Just some php extension file. Will this work?

How about if I save the webpage as xml format?
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:12 am

OK - load the XML in the browser.

The go File -> Save Page As

Then ensure "Web Page, XML Only" is selected.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:13 am

yeti_c wrote:OK - load the XML in the browser.

The go File -> Save Page As

Then ensure "Web Page, XML Only" is selected.

C.

Thats exactly what I did. What next?
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:17 am

Upload them all to fileden...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 am

yeti_c wrote:Upload them all to fileden...

C.

Of course. how dumb can I get.

Actually I'm waiting for an activation mail from fileden to begin using it. Will get back as soon as I'm through with that bit.
Captain pittman

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:17 am

PAYDIRT!!!

Its working. Now the next step is to get back to the original coding and find a way in which I can do this for all maps like the original.

What do you suggest?
Captain pittman

Postby pittman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:19 am

I'm out of here right now. But will check on your response tomorrow morning. Have a good day pal

Pit
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:24 am

pittman wrote:PAYDIRT!!!

Its working. Now the next step is to get back to the original coding and find a way in which I can do this for all maps like the original.

What do you suggest?

OK what I think you need to do - is upload all the XML files to your fileden account...

Then instead of just 1 link in the coding...

You'll need something like

GM_xmlhttpRequest({method: 'GET',url: 'http://www.fileden.com/lots of numbers here/'+mapName+'.xml',headers: {'User-agent': 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible) Greasemonkey/0.3 BOB' , 'Accept': 'application/xml,text/xml'},onload:

Replace "lots of numbers here" with the most of the url to your file...

Without seeing the link to your file I don't know what to change it too...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pittman on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:03 am

This is what my url looks like when we send it straight to the xml for classic.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/21/ ... lassic.xml

Should I make a folder into which I put all the xml files in. Is that what you are suggesting? What would the code be then?

I'm in process of getting more xmls.
Captain pittman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:56 am

pittman wrote:This is what my url looks like when we send it straight to the xml for classic.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/21/ ... lassic.xml

Should I make a folder into which I put all the xml files in. Is that what you are suggesting? What would the code be then?

I'm in process of getting more xmls.

Upload a couple more XMLs then tell me what the URLs to them are.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives