Conquer Club

[GO] 48 Hour Round Length

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

48 hours

Postby darth emperor on Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:53 am

I saw some players that they can't 1 day of weekend(exemple Sunday)be online,then they lose a turn,only if is for premium i think it can be a good idea if we have an option of 2 days instead 1 day or 5 min

-What do u think?

-I did not see write on the list and did not found anything about it, srry if is already posted
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Wisse on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:11 am

this is called missing a turn ;) lackattack made the 3 turns missing rule so you can take off a day or 2 a week
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Twill on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:20 am

You forgot the form ;)

48 hours would lead to REALLY long games and I don't think we're ready for that :)

There will be something coming down the pipes soon. Vacation mode. Search for that and see what comes up.

Have a good one
Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby darth emperor on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:08 am

Wisse wrote:this is called missing a turn ;) lackattack made the 3 turns missing rule so you can take off a day or 2 a week

but if is flat rate?? u can't lose the turn so easy
Twill wrote:48 hours would lead to REALLY long games and I don't think we're ready for that

I'm telling like other option, and the people who wants joins and they won't miss so many turns
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby insomniacdude on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:23 pm

I never got the rejection of this idea. If it's optional and there's demand and it doesn't have any adverse affects on anything or anybody on the site, then there's no tangible reason it should be rejected. Vacation mode addresses the same idea but not the same problem.

CC Home page wrote:Designed for the casual gamer, playing Conquer Club is not a time consuming process.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby yeti_c on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:56 am

TBH - I like this idea

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Clive on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:28 am

I also like this idea. 12 hours to move in freestyle is simply not enough, a 48 hour option would please me.
" im no good by myself! i like having you to say. 'no john dont be fucking stupid' "
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... 272eb3.jpg
General Clive

[GO] 48 Hour Round Length

Postby urbansloth on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:58 pm

D4 Damager wrote:Concise description:
  • 48 hours available as a round length

Specifics/Details:
  • Players would still be given 1hr to complete their turn
  • Yes, I am aware this has already been discussed in threads such as this one and this one. I suggest it again because I think (hope) the new site owner is looking for ways to increase the active user count.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

• This suggestion would make the site more appealing to three main sets of people:
    1) Those that are busy during the weekend (ie.. 90% of the populace)
    2) Those that cannot take their turns at a specific time of the day (eg. maybe they can only take their turn in the morning one day and in the evening the following day on a regular basis. Shift workers would be a good example here.)
    3) Established players that become jaded due to having to take a turn every single day. I have seen this mentioned a few times in the forums by ex-players that loved the site but just couldn't stay committed. I think this one is obvious, life contains many occasions where you suddenly have to go off the radar for a day or so.
  • So you would gain new players and cut down on old players leaving.
  • Seems like an easy thing to add, definitely low-hanging fruit if you want new features.

show: Original Post
Major urbansloth

Re: Game option to have LONGER rounds?

Postby ljex on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:09 am

Buy a premium membership and play only speed games. That way when you want to play you can and when you don't have time you don't have to play.
Major ljex

Postby Kalano Sanchin on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:05 am

ljex wrote:Buy a premium membership and play only speed games. That way when you want to play you can and when you don't have time you don't have to play.
He said for the casual gamer not the obsessive. If his game type isn't something small it will take a few hours for him to complete his game when he just wants to be a casual gamer.
Sergeant 1st Class Kalano Sanchin

Postby Keebs2674 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:31 pm

urbansloth wrote:Concise description:
  • Have a game option to have longer rounds - probably only 48 hours, maybe 72, would be required

Heck, why not five days or a week? I realize your proposal is for an option, but seriously, to create a game now I've got to flip through nine different options. We don't need more unless they're really, really good. This doesn't qualify, in my opinion. If you can't find ten minutes a day to log onto CC then you should probably spend less time getting pissed (your liver will appreciate it), reduce some of the other activities in your life (your heart and brain will appreciate it), or start playing during meals (the people you eat with probably won't appreciate it). Or you could limit the number of games you're playing at once so that logging on and playing would only take a short bit of time each day.
Captain Keebs2674

Postby urbansloth on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:04 am

Keebs2674 wrote:
urbansloth wrote:Concise description:
  • Have a game option to have longer rounds - probably only 48 hours, maybe 72, would be required

Heck, why not five days or a week? I realize your proposal is for an option, but seriously, to create a game now I've got to flip through nine different options. We don't need more unless they're really, really good. This doesn't qualify, in my opinion. If you can't find ten minutes a day to log onto CC then you should probably spend less time getting pissed (your liver will appreciate it), reduce some of the other activities in your life (your heart and brain will appreciate it), or start playing during meals (the people you eat with probably won't appreciate it). Or you could limit the number of games you're playing at once so that logging on and playing would only take a short bit of time each day.

It wouldn't need to be another game option - it could just be another checkbox or 2 where you already select casual/speed. I would imagine the round length is parsed as a per-game variable set directly from this very option - and the additional check boxes would simply set that variable to different values.

So relax mate. This would open the site to the demographic that aren't joined at the hip with a computer every single day - surely it can't be a bad thing to widen the audience?
Major urbansloth

Postby wolfpack0530 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:13 pm

I dont think it is a terrible idea. I do think it would be underused though. I hear alot of whining about having to wait so long, and people get soo pissed at deadbeats because they have to wait longer ect. I am sure there is a minority of users that would appreciate this idea.

Just depends on how hard it would be to implement into the site.
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:55 pm

I was just thinking that an option for a 12 hour round length would also be cool.

Ideally, there would be options for all: 12, 24 or 48 hour round lengths.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:29 pm

I think this is a great idea, I have used other turn based gaming sites where this is an option.

I would suggest only adding one or two more time slots.

As for "Too many options" I am sure 24 could always be the default, and of course be the time limit for tournaments, clan league, etc. This would be for players who agree to take their time.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby VampireM on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm

go on the chat and find someone to play real time games
Colonel VampireM

Postby Beckytheblondie on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:09 pm

OFC the sloth suggests this one...
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby Woodruff on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Beckytheblondie wrote:OFC the sloth suggests this one...

Heh.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Tupence on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:45 pm

natty_dread wrote:I was just thinking that an option for a 12 hour round length would also be cool.

Ideally, there would be options for all: 12, 24 or 48 hour round lengths.

I think a 12-hour option would be far too quick for most people to stick to; I imagine that most people have a window of less than 8 hours (between work and sleep etc) during which they can take their turns.

As for longer rounds, it could end up having the opposite of the desired effect. With 24-hour rounds, it makes it easier for people to remember to check CC, as it could almost be part of people's daily routine. Leave it for longer than a day, and people are more likely to forget. I understand about people having less time at the weekend, so it's a nice idea, I just can't imagine it would be implemented. It would be interesting to see how much support this idea has though.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby haggispittjr on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 pm

i dont support it
Lieutenant haggispittjr

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:21 pm

For the people who play a good bit on CC this is not a problem, but for someone with 4 games 48 hour waits can be taxing.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 pm

I support having another 1 or 2 time limit options. Ie another speed time...say 2 mins??
and another casual....say 48 or 72 hours...for the patient/busy ones
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby urbansloth on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Bruceswar wrote:For the people who play a good bit on CC this is not a problem, but for someone with 4 games 48 hour waits can be taxing.

I don't understand this argument - if 48 hours is too long, then don't join these games. When you look for a game to join, set your filter to 24 hours (or "casual"), exactly the way you do now. It's like when people complain about TV shows when there is a perfectly functional Channel Up/Down or Off button on their remote.

I can't see how this option would make it any more difficult for existing players, because it sounds like most games would still be 24 hours anyway, and the default search settings would find those. I understand that there will be less games using these longer rounds settings - but that's ok, because I also understand there is less people in my category, who need to use it! But I will set my search settings appropriately and find them - or create one.

Surely this is win/win?
Major urbansloth

Postby urbansloth on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:38 pm

*bump*

Anyone....? Bueller?

Would appreciate Andy/lack's idea on this - surely it's something that would be simple to implement, and a positive for the site..?
Major urbansloth

[GP] 48 Hour Round Length

Postby sm8900 on Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 am

D4 Damager wrote:Concise description:
  • 48 hours available as a round length

Specifics/Details:
  • Players would still be given 1hr to complete their turn
  • Yes, I am aware this has already been discussed in threads such as this one and this one. I suggest it again because I think (hope) the new site owner is looking for ways to increase the active user count.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

• This suggestion would make the site more appealing to three main sets of people:
    1) Those that are busy during the weekend (ie.. 90% of the populace)
    2) Those that cannot take their turns at a specific time of the day (eg. maybe they can only take their turn in the morning one day and in the evening the following day on a regular basis. Shift workers would be a good example here.)
    3) Established players that become jaded due to having to take a turn every single day. I have seen this mentioned a few times in the forums by ex-players that loved the site but just couldn't stay committed. I think this one is obvious, life contains many occasions where you suddenly have to go off the radar for a day or so.
  • So you would gain new players and cut down on old players leaving.
  • Seems like an easy thing to add, definitely low-hanging fruit if you want new features.
show: Original Post
Last edited by spiesr on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Copied OP
Private sm8900

Next

Return to Suggestions