Conquer Club

Soccer Affair [11/12/2013] V3f pg 4

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soccer Affair [11/12/2013] V3f pg 4

Postby sannemanrobinson on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:15 am

Blakkrose wrote:1 of those continents to give the +50.

So it is not one time +50 per whole game but one time per turn. Then I misread your legend.

Blakkrose wrote:
sannemanrobinson wrote:Looking at your army numbers it seems to be working for the large map at least. And changes satisfactory.

I dont understand.

Army numbers look good. Checking small map is still needed.

I am satisfied with the changes in general.

Blakkrose wrote:I made ​​bi-directional attacks by the Budget Panel because it seemed too easy to defend the column. there were few borders.
I can make bidirectional boundaries between the boxes of the column and return to the one-way attacks for external bonuses.

Okay that is the solution of a problem with the map. Solutions should also be in line with the theme. How can a budget be attacked by different soccer aspects? Bombardments might be making more sense as extra investments and maintainance are require budget.
Major sannemanrobinson

Postby Blakkrose on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:00 am

sannemanrobinson wrote:So it is not one time +50 per whole game but one time per turn. Then I misread your legend.

You're right, it is better to change the label on "One column (only one) +50"

sannemanrobinson wrote:Okay that is the solution of a problem with the map. Solutions should also be in line with the theme. How can a budget be attacked by different soccer aspects? Bombardments might be making more sense as extra investments and maintainance are require budget.

So what do you suggest?
to bombard (instead of to attack) from Display Small to A 0,5k, B 0,5k etc.
to bombard (instead of to attack) from Sponsor's territories to A 1k, B 1k, etc
and so on?

It would be a problem to explain it in the legend.
It would take much more space!
Private Blakkrose

Postby dakky21 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:58 am

I really dislike that brown pattern in the background and the brownish soccer field. Your first greeny versions are much more eye candy and more look like the real thing.
Captain dakky21

Postby Blakkrose on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:30 am

dakky21 wrote:I really dislike that brown pattern in the background and the brownish soccer field. Your first greeny versions are much more eye candy and more look like the real thing.

I do not think it's a problem because the map is not of interest to anyone ... :cry:
Private Blakkrose

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Blakkrose wrote:
dakky21 wrote:I really dislike that brown pattern in the background and the brownish soccer field. Your first greeny versions are much more eye candy and more look like the real thing.

I do not think it's a problem because the map is not of interest to anyone ... :cry:

I think a lot of people would love this map. I don't think you should give up just because of a lack of commentary. The Foundry has been very slow these last few years, while CC's population declined. Almost every mapmaker has suffered some feelings of isolation.

One day CC's population will be back up. In the meantime, don't let your spirits drop.

Soccer events have been HUGELY popular on this site. I think this is the One that will rule over all the World Cup maps and I can envision tournaments where the various World Cup maps are the early rounds and this is the Final round.

Keep up the good work!
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Armandolas on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Agree with dukasaur. I also gree with dakkys comments.

I see that the panels suffered a major improvement, I like them much better now.
Slowly just keep updating it . New ideas to simplify it will come. Ad people will also come.
Im suffering the same problem in my map. Not many people commenting on it.
Colonel Armandolas

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas