Conquer Club

Modern Ukrainian Battlefront

Map suggestions, ideas and drafts... They all start life on the Drawing Board.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Modern Ukrainian Battlefront

Postby ClasslessFool on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Map Name: Modern Ukrainian Battlefront (or something like that, up for suggestion if idea is liked)
Mapmaker(s):Anyone who is up for the challenge, if not I can try and post something up
Number of Territories:One per oblast (24) plus military locales each country has taken
Special Features:Rivers and mountains are unpassable. It could have the military outposts of both countries that would behave in a special way. Like air assault, river assault. Shoot some ideas to me please
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:This history is being unfolded, it could be interesting if work was put into this idea.

Map Image: In process
http://mediarnbo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/04-02_eng.jpg
Along with the other Oblasts and Crimea as possible territories
Last edited by ClasslessFool on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cook ClasslessFool

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: Modern Ukrainian Battlefront

Postby iancanton on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:56 pm

welcome to the foundry, classlessfool!

given the title of "modern ukrainian battlefront", i expected a map that looked more like the one below.

http://www.ukrinform.ua/eng/news/situat ... map_328783

however, the one u have posted can work as a starting point, if u manage to decide which areas are on the ukrainian nationalist side and which are on the pro-russian side.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (17)
General Contribution (21)

Postby GoranZ on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:27 pm

iancanton wrote:welcome to the foundry, classlessfool!

given the title of "modern ukrainian battlefront", i expected a map that looked more like the one below.

http://www.ukrinform.ua/eng/news/situat ... map_328783

however, the one u have posted can work as a starting point, if u manage to decide which areas are on the ukrainian nationalist side and which are on the pro-russian side.

ian. :)

Your proposal might be just a temporary line ;)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (35) Tribe Achievement (3)

Postby ClasslessFool on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 pm

IanCanton, that was brilliant. Thank you for the post.
Im thinking now to have something along those lines. Im going to change my post and put that picture up.
I am quite busy right now between class and work, but I will get to it when I find some time.
Thanks for the posts gents (or ladies, i can't tell via name)
Cook ClasslessFool

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby ClasslessFool on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 pm

IanCanton, that was brilliant. Thank you for the post.
Im thinking now to have something along those lines. Im going to change my post and put that picture up.
I am quite busy right now between class and work, but I will get to it when I find some time.
Thanks for the posts gents (or ladies, i can't tell via name)
Cook ClasslessFool

Postby KingKraus on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Great Idea!
Corporal 1st Class KingKraus

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Return to Drafting Room