Conquer Club

New Ranking System

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Do you like the new ranking system

Total votes : 0

Postby MeDeFe on Thu May 31, 2007 7:36 am

ptlowe wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:The graphics are good, but just changing the points and games needed to get a certain rank won't make people stop bitching about:

professional team players trying to lure inexperienced players into their games to get their points
professional freestyle players checking their games every 5 seconds to make sure they gain the bonus from 3 continents they wouldn't be able to hold if anyone ever managed to take a turn before they do
players who play only escalating on a single map they know in and out and you don't have a snowballs chance in hell to win against
players who play only no cards on a single map they know in and out and you have only a snowballs chance in hell to win against

and so on.

crybaby

not at all pt, but people have been complaining about all that and more for quite some time and they will continue to do so. The only way to make them stop is probably to put the high scores list to the archives and start over with a completely new system. Of course people would complain about that, too.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby richnpoor on Thu May 31, 2007 8:48 pm

I have played about 8 maps ,,,,every card and troop movement variation ,,, and sequential,freestyle, standard and teams, Im sure certain players are very skilled at certain combinations and im also certain its possible to beat anyone on any map with any variation with good stratedgy and a decent starting position and dice

:D
Sergeant 1st Class richnpoor

Postby AAFitz on Thu May 31, 2007 9:15 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
ptlowe wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:The graphics are good, but just changing the points and games needed to get a certain rank won't make people stop bitching about:

professional team players trying to lure inexperienced players into their games to get their points
professional freestyle players checking their games every 5 seconds to make sure they gain the bonus from 3 continents they wouldn't be able to hold if anyone ever managed to take a turn before they do
players who play only escalating on a single map they know in and out and you don't have a snowballs chance in hell to win against
players who play only no cards on a single map they know in and out and you have only a snowballs chance in hell to win against

and so on.

crybaby

not at all pt, but people have been complaining about all that and more for quite some time and they will continue to do so. The only way to make them stop is probably to put the high scores list to the archives and start over with a completely new system. Of course people would complain about that, too.

i think he was joking....youre mentioning what people will complain about ie being crybabies...then called you one...

almost sure of it...im better at sarcasm than this game....hell right now im better at brain surgery than I am this game
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Robinette on Thu May 31, 2007 10:07 pm

maniacmath17 wrote:
Robinette wrote:
khazalid wrote:the % thing is just silly though. if it was split into singles/doubles/triples then it might have some worth. 25% 6 player singles victories is the equivalent to about 75% doubles victories, its not a stat you can use to feed the ego in any way really. unless youre maniacmath and have 33% from just playing singles games. i guess you can use it then..

Wow... 33% is really good playing singles, way to go maniac.

do i get credit for not tooting my own horn??? ah, come on... do you have any idea how hard that was for me....[/size]

Great job robinette! =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

oh go on... stop... oh.. you're embarrasing me... phshaww... oh no, not a standing ovation... no ... stop, please.......
oh what's the use... okay okay... I'll take a bow... now no more applause, please... please... (sigh)
okay... I really need to go now... please sit down everybody..... oh good grief... okay really, that's enough... please (sigh)

:wink: thanks for noticing maniac... hope you realize i'm just kidding
Last edited by Robinette on Thu May 31, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Robinette

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu May 31, 2007 10:07 pm

i like it...it gives you a better idea of what kind of player your joining a game with.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby richnpoor on Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:42 am

Robinette wrote:
maniacmath17 wrote:
Robinette wrote:
khazalid wrote:the % thing is just silly though. if it was split into singles/doubles/triples then it might have some worth. 25% 6 player singles victories is the equivalent to about 75% doubles victories, its not a stat you can use to feed the ego in any way really. unless youre maniacmath and have 33% from just playing singles games. i guess you can use it then..

Wow... 33% is really good playing singles, way to go maniac.

do i get credit for not tooting my own horn??? ah, come on... do you have any idea how hard that was for me....[/size]

Great job robinette! =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

oh go on... stop... oh.. you're embarrasing me... phshaww... oh no, not a standing ovation... no ... stop, please.......
oh what's the use... okay okay... I'll take a bow... now no more applause, please... please... (sigh)
okay... I really need to go now... please sit down everybody..... oh good grief... okay really, that's enough... please (sigh)

:wink: thanks for noticing maniac... hope you realize i'm just kidding

Hey I managed everything but the not tooting my own horn part and im not even allowed to play in some (read rank protected) games :wink:

cant I get a little love :(

first the demotion.....then the password turndown....now this.....my therapists children are going to be able to go to yale by the time im outta therapy :shock:

wheres the love ? HEY WHERES THE FREAKIN LOVE ALREADY :twisted:

oops sorry little past time for my medication :oops:

rich

Re: Praise to the mods...

Postby richnpoor on Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:45 am

nicosrisk wrote:... even if I don't like, most others seem to. And I want to commend all the mods who work on the site and keep it evolving and fun. A toast to the mods!

ah.....ah.....ah......brownnoser>>>choo

excuse me
:wink: :lol:

rich

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion