Conquer Club

New Ranking System

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Do you like the new ranking system

Total votes : 0

Postby poo-maker on Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 am

I can see all of the ranks except for gibboms :?
Brigadier poo-maker

Postby khazalid on Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 am

the % thing is just silly though. if it was split into singles/doubles/triples then it might have some worth. 25% 6 player singles victories is the equivalent to about 75% doubles victories, its not a stat you can use to feed the ego in any way really. unless youre maniacmath and have 33% from just playing singles games. i guess you can use it then..
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby poo-maker on Wed May 30, 2007 7:53 am

khazalid wrote:the % thing is just silly though. if it was split into singles/doubles/triples then it might have some worth. 25% 6 player singles victories is the equivalent to about 75% doubles victories, its not a stat you can use to feed the ego in any way really. unless youre maniacmath and have 33% from just playing singles games. i guess you can use it then..

Exactly... My percentage looks terrible. :evil:
Brigadier poo-maker

Postby Fireside Poet on Wed May 30, 2007 8:16 am

The shame of being in stripes has been removed. :P
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby detlef on Wed May 30, 2007 8:18 am

Nice timing! I was 50 freaking points away from 2000! I would have been nice to taste the crown just for a day.
Colonel detlef

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 am

poo-maker wrote:I can see all of the ranks except for gibboms :?

I was just gonna say that...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: New ranking system

Postby IronE.GLE on Wed May 30, 2007 8:31 am

joesdad wrote:so I get busted to a Sgt from Cpt. Good thing this happened after I just paid 20 Dollars for preminum membership. dont expect it next time.

:lol: What a crybaby. In case you didn't notice, there are a lot more ranks now. Anyway, if you are so concerned about points and rankings, then perhaps you should be playing World of Warcraft with every spare second of your life.
There is no luck, only preparation and execution.

Alliances are for the weak, whimpering masses looking for someone to hold their hand through the storm.
Lieutenant IronE.GLE

Postby ptlowe on Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 am

MeDeFe wrote:The graphics are good, but just changing the points and games needed to get a certain rank won't make people stop bitching about:

professional team players trying to lure inexperienced players into their games to get their points
professional freestyle players checking their games every 5 seconds to make sure they gain the bonus from 3 continents they wouldn't be able to hold if anyone ever managed to take a turn before they do
players who play only escalating on a single map they know in and out and you don't have a snowballs chance in hell to win against
players who play only no cards on a single map they know in and out and you have only a snowballs chance in hell to win against

and so on.

crybaby
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby Gozar on Wed May 30, 2007 11:34 am

Fireside Poet wrote:The shame of being in stripes has been removed. :P

I feel bad for the cooks though. :P
Lieutenant Gozar

Postby yorkiepeter on Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 pm

Think you missed out a rank - Griefer for below 300 points. There is a huge difference between someone who loves the game but is not very good with around 750 points and the simtoms of this site below 300.

And really 5000 points for field marshall is just unobtainable. Well unless you win a standard br game.
Colonel yorkiepeter

Postby poo-maker on Wed May 30, 2007 12:21 pm

yorkiepeter wrote:And really 5000 points for field marshall is just unobtainable. Well unless you win a standard br game.

Hmmm, 5000 is definitely a tough target, but i do expect alot of people will break 4000 in the next 5-6 months.
Brigadier poo-maker

Seeing the ranks

Postby gamblor21 on Wed May 30, 2007 3:30 pm

How come in the games list you cant see the ranks anymore
Corporal gamblor21

Postby MountainLion on Wed May 30, 2007 4:40 pm

I like the new diversity of ranks....cooks and so on, but honestly the symbols for these ranks look gay. they look like jewelry more than patches. :|
Major MountainLion

Postby 3Asefa on Wed May 30, 2007 4:44 pm

i cant see ranks for any player, and i hit F5 10000000000000000000 times and i cant see ranks of any player.
Cook 3Asefa

Postby Gilligan on Wed May 30, 2007 4:46 pm

I only can't see the Conquerer rank.
Captain Gilligan

Postby safariguy5 on Wed May 30, 2007 4:51 pm

Gilligan wrote:I only can't see the Conquerer rank.

It's just a shinier version of the CC star symbol. And the star is white.
Captain safariguy5

Postby sully800 on Wed May 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Man, I read the whole thread and there are some many things I wanted to say that it all got jumbled and I can't remember any of it :P

For everyone complaining about the new ranks- give it a week or two to get used to, and I think you will find the system is much better. Yes, you were 'demoted' but you didn't lose any points! The only difference is there are more levels to shoot for, more goals to achieve....

As for the bottom ranks which are only 100 points apart: I share the concern that they are very close together so the difference between players of those ranks might be naught. I was in favor of spreading the bottom out more (keeping 200 point increments most likely) until lack posted the distribution of players in that range. He broke it down, and the vast majority fall between 800-1000, with relatively few below the 700 point level. So the a cadet and a private may be virtually identical in ability, but the 100 point increments divide up the lower ranked members very nicely.

As for 5000 points being too high- I think its always good to have a goal which is above what anyone has achieved. Otherwise, what would the players at the top be shooting for in terms of rank? The nice part about a high upper section of the scoreboard is that the high rankers have things to work for once again!

Win percentage- I agree that its pretty much useless considering all of the different options on the site. It's funny to scan the top of the scoreboard and see the 30% people mixed in with the 85+% (the difference between singles and team games of course). Win percentage is an interesting bit of information for ones personal record, but means very little when compaing all of the players of the site. It is a good tool when comparing people who play primarily the same game types though.
Major sully800

Postby Robinette on Wed May 30, 2007 9:54 pm

khazalid wrote:the % thing is just silly though. if it was split into singles/doubles/triples then it might have some worth. 25% 6 player singles victories is the equivalent to about 75% doubles victories, its not a stat you can use to feed the ego in any way really. unless youre maniacmath and have 33% from just playing singles games. i guess you can use it then..

Wow... 33% is really good playing singles, way to go maniac.

do i get credit for not tooting my own horn??? ah, come on... do you have any idea how hard that was for me....
Brigadier Robinette

Re: New Rank Symbols and Demotions

Postby richnpoor on Wed May 30, 2007 9:58 pm

alex_white101 wrote:
richnpoor wrote:OK let me get this right ......I battle my way to 1600+ points and the rank of Major.......only to find out that I have been demoted to Seargent a week later despite the fact that I havent lost a game during that time span ??????

Dont get me wrong I like the graphics but I think the reranking was too drastic.......I went from a having a rank that is usually held by a BATTALION COMMANDER........to a SQUAD LEADER under the new system

I didnt even recieve a court martial ...nor did I resign my commision......what say you TOO DRASTIC OR NOT

:shock: :x :roll: :(

um.......yes i was ....major to sgt in a day lol

im hoping youre not being serious......... and if you are BOO-HOO get over it, everyone got demoted (except gibbom) so it dosent really make any difference, it just adds more to gain from winning.......about 50 extra ranks :)
Sergeant 1st Class richnpoor

Postby richnpoor on Wed May 30, 2007 11:04 pm

moderator moderator....why hast thou forsaken me ??????

can I chnage my vote to GFY ?

rich :roll:

Postby richnpoor on Wed May 30, 2007 11:08 pm

Robinette wrote:

do i get credit for not tooting my own horn??? ah, come on... do you have any idea how hard that was for me....

is it I have about 33% playing singles I did play and win one doubles....I was all depressed over my win percentage......I may therapy....anyone know a good emotional distress lawyer ?

rich
:(

Postby MOBAJOBG on Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 pm

richnpoor wrote:
Robinette wrote:

is it I have about 33% playing singles I did play and win one doubles....I was all depressed over my win percentage......I may therapy....anyone know a good emotional distress lawyer ?

rich
:(

I recommend getting "feel well" therapy from a psychologist, instead.
Major MOBAJOBG

Praise to the mods...

Postby nicosrisk on Thu May 31, 2007 1:11 am

... even if I don't like, most others seem to. And I want to commend all the mods who work on the site and keep it evolving and fun. A toast to the mods!
Sergeant 1st Class nicosrisk

Postby joecoolfrog on Thu May 31, 2007 1:49 am

poo-maker wrote:
yorkiepeter wrote:And really 5000 points for field marshall is just unobtainable. Well unless you win a standard br game.

Hmmm, 5000 is definitely a tough target, but i do expect alot of people will break 4000 in the next 5-6 months.

Unless there are a lot more 'mega games' which would make the whole ranking system a farce I just cant see many people at all getting anywhere near 4000. As it stands at the moment top team players like JR and Blitz as well as singles players like maniac and RL bounce above and below 3000 - Why should it be any different in the future?
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby maniacmath17 on Thu May 31, 2007 2:29 am

Robinette wrote:

do i get credit for not tooting my own horn??? ah, come on... do you have any idea how hard that was for me....[/size]

Great job robinette! =D>

And that 33% can be a bit misleading. almost 10% of my games have been teams, so my actual win percentage for 6 player singles games is 32%.
show: Top Secret

2006-10-25 21:16:00 - NUKE: wtf it says dminus got 2 troops for holding oceania what is that lol
Brigadier maniacmath17

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion