Conquer Club

General Congratulations

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: General congratulations

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:03 am

robin has a good point...ninja's are amazing...you need some ninja's!!!
i had such a minor role though i feel so insignificant
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby firth4eva on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 am

lord voldemort wrote:robin has a good point...ninja's are amazing...you need some ninja's!!!
i had such a minor role though i feel so insignificant

Maybe if you weren't so forgetful.
Captain firth4eva

Postby Joodoo on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:43 am

Congratulations to anyone who has or is going to contribute to this thread.
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Congrats to Anarkistsdream and Aafitz!! first players on CC i have seen with a rating below 5.0!!! they are proudly rocking the 4.8!! congrats to the both of you!!-0

p.s.-i wonder if people with 5.0's will be considered suck ups... interesting how this is all going to shake out.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Timminz on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Self-congrats time!

I finally worked up the nerve, and s/he said YES!

The ceremony will be held on the Siege! map, in the Great Hall, and the reception will be divided as such. LadyPhoenix's family in the West Ward, and mine in the East.
Last edited by Timminz on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Timminz

Postby Joodoo on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:58 pm

owenshooter wrote:Congrats to Anarkistsdream and Aafitz!! first players on CC i have seen with a rating below 5.0!!! they are proudly rocking the 4.8!! congrats to the both of you!!-0

p.s.-i wonder if people with 5.0's will be considered suck ups... interesting how this is all going to shake out.

there's a lot of ppl with a rating under 5.0, and it's probably due to players being picky on whether to give them a 4 or 5...
also, I've seen some abuse of the rating system, dun remember who it was , but some guy gave everyone one star...
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby fwblb on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Timminz wrote:Self-congrats time!

I finally worked up the nerve, and she said YES!

The ceremony will be held on the Siege! map, in the Great Hall, and the reception will be divided as such. LadyPhoenix's family in the West Ward, and mine in the East.

well, congratulations! awesome. :D
Major fwblb

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:16 am

Joodoo wrote:
owenshooter wrote:Congrats to Anarkistsdream and Aafitz!! first players on CC i have seen with a rating below 5.0!!! they are proudly rocking the 4.8!! congrats to the both of you!!-0

there's a lot of ppl with a rating under 5.0, and it's probably due to players being picky on whether to give them a 4 or 5...
also, I've seen some abuse of the rating system, dun remember who it was , but some guy gave everyone one star...

congrats to JooDoo for trying to debate a congrats to a few players i wanted to congratulate, personally!!! congrats mr. JooDoo!!!-0

p.s.-the dude that gave out all 1's made a mistake, he thought it was the highest ranking. funny... there is a thread about it in the GD...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:19 am

congrats to courtney for a post that made me poop my pants...-0

happy2seeyou wrote:*in a mans announcers voice and with a smirk* Well I'm glad you asked Bobby. When you purchase the premium account you not only get the joy and satisfaction for contributing to the growing needs of the site but you also get unlimited amounts of games, the ability to create private games for yourself and your dearest CC pals to join PLUS just for you we will throw in SPEED games. If you act within the next 20 minutes you will get a autographed poster of Clapper011 beating lackattack with a whip while kicking Twill with her shiny boots. Don't even get me started on how you would go from silver to GOLD.
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:29 am

congrats to owen for helping me help the map foundry!
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:52 am

wcaclimbing wrote:congrats to owen for helping me help the map foundry!

congrats to wcaclimbing for being one of the only true Mensch in the foundry!-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:00 am

owenshooter wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:congrats to owen for helping me help the map foundry!

congrats to wcaclimbing for being one of the only true Mensch in the foundry!-0

:D
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Congrats to JR24...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53456

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Sentinel XIV on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:21 pm

yeti_c wrote:Congrats to JR24...

C.

Congrats to JR24 for being a pretentious a-hole. Really well done.
Eye. Mull. Of. Ma. Sheen.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:06 am

Sentinel XIV wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Congrats to JR24...

C.

Congrats to JR24 for being a pretentious a-hole. Really well done.

That's what I was getting at...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:48 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:how bout others medals for achieving 3000 score, 4000 score, 5000 score, this way if you dip below these, at least you have a medal saying you have hit the mark before, bronze for 3000, silver for 4000, gold for 5000.

Congratulations to Blitzmyholic for ensuring the elite stay leet.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:22 am

Well, that week went by fast didn’t it…well at least as fast as the previous weeks have done, that’s for sure.

But momentous happenings have been occurring in the happy land of cc haven’t they. What with badges, ratings, rantings and the loss of the feedbacks, it was a week to sit, grab a large bottle of Vintage stuff and have a good old gander at what was going on.

The day came and wham! Out of nowhere suddenly there was a big blue sign…I set the stopwatch…

New medals abounded like confetti at a multiple wedding and boy did they get the forum burning….but first out of the traps was that old anti-hero we all love….JR. Popping a post up and grabbing the best title, simply ‘Medals’…this was great, in he came with a good 17…I waited with baited breath…when would this dizzy height be broken???? In came Fitzy...easing the bar up to 19 just 36 minutes later…the crowd roared its approval then sat back down and waited…again….just 4 minutes before Sir Ricco smashed the new record by…err…1…..of course dear ol’ Blitzy stepped in, I shed a tear for his dismay at not seeing his medals…but Hurrah!! They appeared not much later…but oh…they didn’t make the bar…poor old Blitzy….still, they were not a shabby total…..’what me worry’ stepped in with a lovely little reminder that he equalled them on these medals…then Paradice City stepped up, raised his pole and ran…with a mighty leap he was over with a massive 21…good for you PC, would this seal the victory in his favour?? Fitzy stood on the side, kicking the sand with his toe, missing the old days when you could rely on some serious posts, not these silly new ways….PC strutted his stuff…I wondered if this was it. CodeBlue sat down sighing, wondering why he hadn’t got all these lovely new shiny things….Blitzy smiled…his were better ‘cause they were goldies, not the silvers and bronzes us peasants had. Many hours went by…PC was starting to get excited…had he…did he…dare he hope….then just as he started to believe…his heart sank…this was almost too much to bear…none other than that sweetie Clapper stepped in with a massive 23!!!! And, dear reader, so many golds I thought she had been raiding Fort Knox!!!! The crowd went wild, this was a seriously popular winner!!! So a congrats to you Clapper…and (of course) my own, specially minted, virtual congrats medal to you.

Now the serious stuff started…oh boy, was there some discussion, and was I interested? Was I heck….gimme the cute stuff any day, and in among there was some real pearls…so for this week only here are my fav posts about the new system.

First up from the thread titled: Known abusers of the system

bbqpenguin wrote:why oh why do you care?

(The paper medal of the week to you, so you can dispose of it whenever you feel the need)

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:as long as players dont give me shit, I have no problem with them or problem giving them a good rating.

(Quite right too JR, as long as they make an error free game, you keep handing them 5stars out, I will, so here’s a box of virtual awards just for you)

owenshooter wrote:where does it say you can't hand out 5's like they are candy or blow at lack's parties?-0

(And a box of virtuals to you too owen)

Best return:

kletka wrote:
JimRocky wrote:That is another assumption. I don't have to have experience with something to have a clue about it. Do you have experience with brain surgery? Then you have no clue that it's a difficult serious procedure, or do you?

Off course, I do. I am a fucking maxillofacial surgeon, LOL... And if you have no experience with it, you have no fucking clue what is more serious, laminectomy or craniotomy ;)

Best for making me chuckle:

cre8tiff wrote:
wacicha wrote:
To me the rating system is like a gun. It is a tool it has it's use's. But remember guns do not kill people. People kill people.

It is the people that are causing the problems not the rating system.

Yeah and instead of the bad guys having muskets, the admins just gave them automatic weapons.

And from this very thread, a post that certainly had yours truly chortling:

yeti_c wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:how bout others medals for achieving 3000 score, 4000 score, 5000 score, this way if you dip below these, at least you have a medal saying you have hit the mark before, bronze for 3000, silver for 4000, gold for 5000.

C.

And lastly, from none other than the mighty Twill:

Twill wrote:Cool it off a bit guys, no need for spit wads or any other form of flame-bait material.

Talking of himself, I have also noticed he has been putting some great sign offs recently…just for you reader here is a motley collection:

Twill wrote: Have an awardful day!
Twill

Twill wrote: Have a locky one
Twill

Twill wrote: Have a toasty one
Twill

And you have an ornamental one Twill

So after all this stuff about the new system, what else has been happening?

Well, there was a time when congrats threads were started for good reason (so I am told) …what is happening???? The GD forum is suffering from ‘congrats’ overkill…so here is my contribution.

Congrats to grimsbybongo, not only are you chasing Alangary for the lowest slot, but you also have it matched with a superb 1 star rating!!!!

Looking at the other end of the scoreboard, how could I let this week go by without a nod in the direction of a fav. of this thread, ol’ Codebluey himself. Now here is a player I just love…and he has a seriously noticeable rating of……2.3 !!!! Congrats to you bluey me old mucker. And, once again in keeping with this weeks developments, I award you a medal struck from pure diplomacy.

Moving down to the Cheating and Abuse section, the knaves were still getting busted (a medal specially struck with iron pyrites for you mods), but a lovely little thread with the busted BULL22 got me chortling…. And served us up with another little superb post:
lancehoch wrote:
*manimal wrote:ever going to be looked into?

It probably would have been already, but there was a little issue last week of busting one person 4 different times with about 15 total accounts that took up a lot of the mods time.

You little tinker lance…

And, of course, those old vets of the ring, JR and solo man are still slugging it out, I keep telling you solo…..he wont go away.

So finally dear reader, what has this week served to remind yours truly?...only that it is better to try and perhaps fail, than to not try at all.…a serious congrats to the efforts and the work put in by the powers that be, just one thing tho’.... where do I send the $200 for the dice hack????

Before I go, I received this note from someone who shall remain nameless, but it made me chuckle so much I just had to share it with you.

my partner in that game dont listen to a damn thing ive told him and dosent even know what team work is, so i out sourced his team work

Damn right too my friend!

Late edit: Congrats to this thread and all the contributors for passing 2000 viewings...I never expected that when I first posted!!!!

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:29 pm

congrats to all the "new rating system" threads for becoming the new "dice" of the CC forums!!! you have increased my late night posting pleasure, immensely!!! and somehow, all 46 of you rascals have managed to avoid being merged!!! congrats!!!!-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:54 am

Congrats to the forum drivel that almost drove this thread off of the first page.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:26 am

So what has happened in this final week of the first half of the year?

Well the word Lock springs to mind.

Locked threads have abounded, it has seemed as though the forum powers have got a new set of security devices and decided to see how often they can be used. With a lock lock here and a lock lock there, here a lock there a lock, everywhere a lock lock…Yes dear Reader, it has seemed to yours truly that Old MacDonald’s Farm is the only tune worth whistling, except of course, we shouldn’t, just in case the animals are aggrieved…that would bring the sound of bolts shutting and padlocks clicking.

It seems the door on freedom of joshing and poking a stick at the very idiotic is being very firmly slammed shut. Along with the door being slammed shut on two of my compadres Owen and Brett. Talking of which, I visited them in the clink. You will be glad to hear they are in good spirits, and taking their punishment well. Now far be it for this thread to pass judgement on the whys or the wherefores, oh no, indeed, this thread casts no judgement, or passes same, it is purely here to inform and amuse. Anyway, back to my compadres.

I found them sitting playing cards (Brett was trying to slip a crafty ace up his sleeve but Owen was onto it in a trice). The food served by the jailor looked fine, the Venison steak was a tad tough, but the Merlot simply sublime, I especially enjoyed the Asparagus dipped in melted unsalted butter. The mighty Twiddle popped his head in to say hello and keep everyone’s spirits up before he went off for the weekend, let’s hope our own froglet doesn’t have the same problems we had last weekend hey dear reader!!!

I spoke to both of them in between mouthfuls, and owen will be released back into the sunshine soon enough, so congrats to you owen, the free world still needs you, even if there are those with what may be described as oddly scraped knuckles think otherwise.

Otherwise in the world of cc, the new mods started to get to grips with their powers. A congrats must be due to them; however, does this have anything to do with the locks appearing like piranha fish around a raw carcass? Who knows, certainly not yours truly, unfortunately I decided this week, for the first time, to crack a case of the Vintage stuff for each lock….the Docs told me I have to cut down…I asked him to tell me how many cases, weekly, I should cut down to! So I have had other worries.

The downtime last weekend brought about a rash of withdrawal effects. Wow, was this a telling time for many. I heard there were 26 cases of Computer rage, with 20 of those poor unfortunate inanimate objects being thrown through windows, which, in turn, brought on 12 cases of personal injury to passers by! I wandered along to some other chat rooms, and forums...all the talk was about cc. What was happening, was our froglet sitting there crying, was he laughing demonically while conducting an insane experiment to see who would crack first? I even heard a bunch of Wives had descended on his abode and were holding him to ransom so to make sure the downtime occurred during Fathers day. Whatever the reason, you should all congratulate yourselves at passing a day clicking aimlessly on a mouse desperately wondering why you were being put through this purgatory and survived.

Lastly the congrats for the week must be in the direction of my old fav, Blitzy. What a guy. Now dear reader, you must always recall, I am in awe of this most Aristo of cc Aristos, nothing slips this charmer by, especially not the girls hey Blitzy. This week he has been very busy, guiding a serious thread to add yet more gongs to the chests of those who succeed. JR was in like a shot, well of course he would qualify wouldn’t he, I mean after all, JR is a true legend in his own lunchtime! But back to me old mucker, the Blitziest Blitz. I asked him if he would qualify for these new medals, and cool as a cucumber just drawn from the old fridge, he responded that others may well have more…what a guy!!! Good for you Blitzy. I vote you should approach Ban Ki-moon and ask him to step aside!!

That’s it for this week reader, I’m off down to help release Owen, taking some dark glasses so the hot burning sun doesn’t cause his eyes too much damage.

Oh…and one last point…….don’t forget dear reader, only 187 days to Christmas!

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby edsdad on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:41 am

Thank you Fruitcake for keeping things in perspective for us.There are so many things happening in our great community that sometimes it's hard to keep track of it all.Again,thanks and keep up the good work. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Cadet edsdad

Postby SlayerQC on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:29 pm

I usually don't brag about my achievements but this seems like a good thread to do so so here it goes:

Iv'e reached the seargent first class clan ranked for the first time since i've joined 3 months ago (only played "that board game" a couple time as a kid) with thi game:

Game 2595750

I had no continents/regions throughout the game and on round 9, I wiped them all out. :)
Patience pays.Never give up.

K, done bragging.

Next.
Sergeant 1st Class SlayerQC

Postby Fruitcake on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Congrats to my compadres Owen and Brett on being released from moderation jail.

Please remember to pray for ctwong, who, as I type, sits in that very same place they have just been released from, waiting for the axe to fall and find himself incarcerated for 24 hours minimum.

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby deliaselene on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:45 pm

Fruitcake wrote:Congrats to my compadres Owen and Brett on being released from moderation jail.

Please remember to pray for ctwong, who, as I type, sits in that very same place they have just been released from, waiting for the axe to fall and find himself incarcerated for 24 hours minimum.

wong banned ...wicked being consistent... a bandit a day...

Twill: It's hard lovin, I know, but I've got a reputation as a dick to maintain don't ya know
Twill: oky doky folks, I gotta get back to screwing people over
Sergeant deliaselene

Location: All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

Postby Scott-Land on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:32 am

Fruitcake wrote:Well, that week went by fast didn’t it…well at least as fast as the previous weeks have done, that’s for sure.

But momentous happenings have been occurring in the happy land of cc haven’t they. What with badges, ratings, rantings and the loss of the feedbacks, it was a week to sit, grab a large bottle of Vintage stuff and have a good old gander at what was going on.

The day came and wham! Out of nowhere suddenly there was a big blue sign…I set the stopwatch…

New medals abounded like confetti at a multiple wedding and boy did they get the forum burning….but first out of the traps was that old anti-hero we all love….JR. Popping a post up and grabbing the best title, simply ‘Medals’…this was great, in he came with a good 17…I waited with baited breath…when would this dizzy height be broken???? In came Fitzy...easing the bar up to 19 just 36 minutes later…the crowd roared its approval then sat back down and waited…again….just 4 minutes before Sir Ricco smashed the new record by…err…1…..of course dear ol’ Blitzy stepped in, I shed a tear for his dismay at not seeing his medals…but Hurrah!! They appeared not much later…but oh…they didn’t make the bar…poor old Blitzy….still, they were not a shabby total…..’what me worry’ stepped in with a lovely little reminder that he equalled them on these medals…then Paradice City stepped up, raised his pole and ran…with a mighty leap he was over with a massive 21…good for you PC, would this seal the victory in his favour?? Fitzy stood on the side, kicking the sand with his toe, missing the old days when you could rely on some serious posts, not these silly new ways….PC strutted his stuff…I wondered if this was it. CodeBlue sat down sighing, wondering why he hadn’t got all these lovely new shiny things….Blitzy smiled…his were better ‘cause they were goldies, not the silvers and bronzes us peasants had. Many hours went by…PC was starting to get excited…had he…did he…dare he hope….then just as he started to believe…his heart sank…this was almost too much to bear…none other than that sweetie Clapper stepped in with a massive 23!!!! And, dear reader, so many golds I thought she had been raiding Fort Knox!!!! The crowd went wild, this was a seriously popular winner!!! So a congrats to you Clapper…and (of course) my own, specially minted, virtual congrats medal to you.

Now the serious stuff started…oh boy, was there some discussion, and was I interested? Was I heck….gimme the cute stuff any day, and in among there was some real pearls…so for this week only here are my fav posts about the new system.

First up from the thread titled: Known abusers of the system

bbqpenguin wrote:why oh why do you care?

(The paper medal of the week to you, so you can dispose of it whenever you feel the need)

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:as long as players dont give me shit, I have no problem with them or problem giving them a good rating.

(Quite right too JR, as long as they make an error free game, you keep handing them 5stars out, I will, so here’s a box of virtual awards just for you)

owenshooter wrote:where does it say you can't hand out 5's like they are candy or blow at lack's parties?-0

(And a box of virtuals to you too owen)

Best return:

kletka wrote:
JimRocky wrote:That is another assumption. I don't have to have experience with something to have a clue about it. Do you have experience with brain surgery? Then you have no clue that it's a difficult serious procedure, or do you?

Off course, I do. I am a fucking maxillofacial surgeon, LOL... And if you have no experience with it, you have no fucking clue what is more serious, laminectomy or craniotomy ;)

Best for making me chuckle:

cre8tiff wrote:
wacicha wrote:
To me the rating system is like a gun. It is a tool it has it's use's. But remember guns do not kill people. People kill people.

It is the people that are causing the problems not the rating system.

Yeah and instead of the bad guys having muskets, the admins just gave them automatic weapons.

And from this very thread, a post that certainly had yours truly chortling:

yeti_c wrote:

C.

And lastly, from none other than the mighty Twill:

Twill wrote:Cool it off a bit guys, no need for spit wads or any other form of flame-bait material.

Talking of himself, I have also noticed he has been putting some great sign offs recently…just for you reader here is a motley collection:

Twill wrote: Have an awardful day!
Twill

Twill wrote: Have a locky one
Twill

Twill wrote: Have a toasty one
Twill

And you have an ornamental one Twill

So after all this stuff about the new system, what else has been happening?

Well, there was a time when congrats threads were started for good reason (so I am told) …what is happening???? The GD forum is suffering from ‘congrats’ overkill…so here is my contribution.

Congrats to grimsbybongo, not only are you chasing Alangary for the lowest slot, but you also have it matched with a superb 1 star rating!!!!

Looking at the other end of the scoreboard, how could I let this week go by without a nod in the direction of a fav. of this thread, ol’ Codebluey himself. Now here is a player I just love…and he has a seriously noticeable rating of……2.3 !!!! Congrats to you bluey me old mucker. And, once again in keeping with this weeks developments, I award you a medal struck from pure diplomacy.

Moving down to the Cheating and Abuse section, the knaves were still getting busted (a medal specially struck with iron pyrites for you mods), but a lovely little thread with the busted BULL22 got me chortling…. And served us up with another little superb post:
lancehoch wrote:
*manimal wrote:ever going to be looked into?

It probably would have been already, but there was a little issue last week of busting one person 4 different times with about 15 total accounts that took up a lot of the mods time.

You little tinker lance…

And, of course, those old vets of the ring, JR and solo man are still slugging it out, I keep telling you solo…..he wont go away.

So finally dear reader, what has this week served to remind yours truly?...only that it is better to try and perhaps fail, than to not try at all.…a serious congrats to the efforts and the work put in by the powers that be, just one thing tho’.... where do I send the $200 for the dice hack????

Before I go, I received this note from someone who shall remain nameless, but it made me chuckle so much I just had to share it with you.

my partner in that game dont listen to a damn thing ive told him and dosent even know what team work is, so i out sourced his team work

Damn right too my friend!

Late edit: Congrats to this thread and all the contributors for passing 2000 viewings...I never expected that when I first posted!!!!

i must say Fruit, that post by far has been the most entertaining reads I've had in quite some time. Was just saying there isn't a worthy thread on this site anymore. I stand corrected-- keep it up.
Major Scott-Land

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion