Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby NomadPatriot on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:44 am

ConfederateSS wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote:"CC will never be what it was in 2009 because, well facebook, smartphones, technology in general. But there will always be a core base.
Grandfather's will show their grandkids..."

- early 21st century savior of the Conquer Club societal mythos , TeeGee

now in the year 2235.. on the Colonial Mission to Alpha Centari.. a great grandfather breaks out a sweet platinum R.I.S.K. board& tells the youths ...let's play ... then you can join Conquer Club the Federations Favorite... training...site....

[]

--------------------Yes,but as crappy fads have come and gone...,8-Track tapes,casets, DVDs...Atari,Sega,..X-Box...etc..etc..Telegraph machine...The printing press....
Guess what is always around???...
-----------[size=200]Chess,R.I.S.K. and other great classic Strategy Games.... =D> =D> =D> ....They will still be played and going strong in 2235...No one in 2050 will be saying the word... X-box?[I/size]... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

why did you change what I wrote...?

you edited my quote..

weird you felt the need to change it..
seems desperate

no clue what a Casets is..
considering the printing press & telegraph 'a fad' is laughable

but the confederates were a dismal failure.. cannot really expect much here from you
Corporal 1st Class NomadPatriot

Postby TeeGee on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:45 pm

IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:
TeeGee wrote:5431 (jan 31)

5343 (feb 9)

5296 (feb 17)

5298 (feb 19)
:-$

a huge 21 users down on same time last year
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Caught in the vacuum of a Black hole, drinking beers with a 3 eared yak

Postby TeeGee on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:50 pm

21 lost users in 1 year.. I am shaking in my boots, if admins sees this they will not be happy..How dare we slow the decline to a slow drip.. OPEN THE FLOOD GATES, the naysayers DEMAND it . :roll:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Caught in the vacuum of a Black hole, drinking beers with a 3 eared yak

Postby zeus111 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:37 pm

i think we just have to face it in todays gaming world risk sits low on the totem pole, even if we look back too 2006 so many new games have been developed. do i think a few changes may help us here you bet but at the end of the day risk just isnt for the vast majority of on line gamester s .

the reason ive lost interest is the competitive edge is gone real time games take way to long to fill and if they do 1 to 3 in a 6 player game db or miss the 3 turns because they logged off due to wait time . then the possibility im playing all the same person just does not sit well . im spoiled i guess joining when we the site was booming . i could log on play real time team games basically play as many games in a great variety of options as i wanted , now daze its just different baltic foggy trench flat rate is ok but seems to be the main real time game that fills with an hour .

teegee that number is not accurate 5300 ish when we take the 1168 members that played 20 plus games last month i think are the real site numbers . if we take away the multis in play still even that 1168 isnt accurate but is closer to the real numbers of active players .

its clear nothing we say will make any difference and as is the topic of this thread there is no doubt cc club is declining

zeus111
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby NomadPatriot on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:44 am

zeus111 wrote:i think we just have to face it in todays gaming world risk sits low on the totem pole, even if we look back too 2006 so many new games have been developed. do i think a few changes may help us here you bet but at the end of the day risk just isnt for the vast majority of on line gamester s .

the reason ive lost interest is the competitive edge is gone real time games take way to long to fill and if they do 1 to 3 in a 6 player game db or miss the 3 turns because they logged off due to wait time . then the possibility im playing all the same person just does not sit well . im spoiled i guess joining when we the site was booming . i could log on play real time team games basically play as many games in a great variety of options as i wanted , now daze its just different baltic foggy trench flat rate is ok but seems to be the main real time game that fills with an hour .

teegee that number is not accurate 5300 ish when we take the 1168 members that played 20 plus games last month i think are the real site numbers . if we take away the multis in play still even that 1168 isnt accurate but is closer to the real numbers of active players .

its clear nothing we say will make any difference and as is the topic of this thread there is no doubt cc club is declining

zeus111

out of the 1168.. I wonder what the global geographic breakdown is..? even if it's only 20 countries.. that is a less than 60 members per country....

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:57 pm

NomadPatriot wrote: I wonder what the global geographic breakdown is..? even if it's only 20 countries..

Don't know if it's changed any (probably not much) but a couple of years ago when I did the numbers it was 48% American, 19% Canadian. After that, countries with significant representation were U.K, Australia, Germany, France, Turkey, Netherlands, Norway, Serbia, Croatia and I think Israel.

The only country that's dropped off recently is Russia. When I joined I remember there being quite a few Russians, but by the time I checked the actual numbers they had dwindled down to almost nothing.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TeeGee on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:26 pm

IcePack 20 Feb 2019 wrote:Back on topic:

Current total 5318

We are now +24 on same time last year.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby hopalong on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:50 pm

so you are saying that that russians infiltrated the site, caused the Great Decline, then left?
Fukin Putin.

Dukasaur wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote: I wonder what the global geographic breakdown is..? even if it's only 20 countries..

Don't know if it's changed any (probably not much) but a couple of years ago when I did the numbers it was 48% American, 19% Canadian. After that, countries with significant representation were U.K, Australia, Germany, France, Turkey, Netherlands, Norway, Serbia, Croatia and I think Israel.

The only country that's dropped off recently is Russia. When I joined I remember there being quite a few Russians, but by the time I checked the actual numbers they had dwindled down to almost nothing.
Major hopalong

Postby TeeGee on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:30 pm

Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby NomadPatriot on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:26 am

TeeGee wrote:5347

that obviously couldn't have anything to do with the numerous free premium memberships that have been handed out this past week...

but hey.. at least you all are trying to pump up the numbers..

your daily stat updates to defend aren't being seen as desperate or anything...

you go Teegee..

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:52 am

NomadPatriot wrote:

that obviously couldn't have anything to do with the numerous free premium memberships that have been handed out this past week...

No, it couldn't. That is the number of people that have played games on the site in the last 30 days. Whether they are free or paid doesn't affect it in any way.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby berlin1945 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:39 am

Do these numbers discriminate between cheating mains and their alternates? How do you know that there aren't 1,000 duplicates on the site? So the number has to be even lower than 5,000. The various ups and downs could be that some people aren't bothering to cheat as much this week or that. I bet the player pool on here is even smaller than it looks.
Major berlin1945

Postby NomadPatriot on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote:

No, it couldn't. That is the number of people that have played games on the site in the last 30 days. Whether they are free or paid doesn't affect it in any way.

giving numerous members free premium memberships doesn't encourage them to log in more often & play games..

ok Ducky... it's not like you didn't just say " That is the number of people that have played games on the site in the last 30 days."

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:21 pm

NomadPatriot wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote:

giving numerous members free premium memberships doesn't encourage them to log in more often & play games..

ok Ducky... it's not like you didn't just say " That is the number of people that have played games on the site in the last 30 days."

Not sure what you mean. The membership number is defined as the number of people that have played at least on game on the site in the last 30 days. Not quite sure what you're not understanding.

Not sure what you're saying about free premium memberships, either. There are never very many of those. At any given moment there might be twenty or so volunteers that earned their premium, maybe five or so who won premium in a tournament or contest, and maybe something like fifteen or twenty who get gifts from their friends or clans. Never more than 50 at any time, and less than that most of the time.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby NomadPatriot on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
NomadPatriot wrote:

Not sure what you mean. The membership number is defined as the number of people that have played at least on game on the site in the last 30 days. Not quite sure what you're not understanding.

Not sure what you're saying about free premium memberships, either. There are never very many of those. At any given moment there might be twenty or so volunteers that earned their premium, maybe five or so who won premium in a tournament or contest, and maybe something like fifteen or twenty who get gifts from their friends or clans. Never more than 50 at any time, and less than that most of the time.

I know raz gave out 2 in GC this past week & 1 was given out to a less fortunate forum member .. personally I know of 3 this week.. and I only log on for about 15- 20 minutes a day...

giving out free premium memberships encourages members to log in and play games more often... i'll repeat it for you.. --> being GIVEN the opportunity to play unlimited games would encourage some members to start playing games more often...
so not quite sure why you are being ignorant to this concept.

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:49 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 am

CC is pretty resilient.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:03 am

AndyDufresne wrote:CC is pretty resilient.

--Andy

W00T! An Andy sighting!
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TeeGee on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

--Andy

W00T! An Andy sighting!

There is only one way to keep Andy here

On a side note, numbers are still up slightly on same time last year
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:22 pm

--Andy

+200 Saxbucks
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby TeeGee on Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:33 am

thegreekdog wrote:

--Andy

+200 Saxbucks

Andy AND TGD.. all in 1 day :shock:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:00 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jfm10 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 pm

bump
Lieutenant jfm10

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 pm

jfm10 wrote:bump

Why? You don't think this thread is busy enough?
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jfm10 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jfm10 wrote:bump

Why? You don't think this thread is busy enough?

sorry .. should have asked for update on number of players
Lieutenant jfm10

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion