Conquer Club

Mentoring Pilot Program

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Mentoring Pilot Program

Postby paulk on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 am

I wish someone could just explain some stuff like greasemonkey and such for me.
I am a experienced player, good winning rate, good strategist, almost only play World 2.1 though.
I hate fog and escalating.
Last edited by paulk on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major paulk

Postby redhawk92 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:50 pm

pm i can help
Captain redhawk92

Postby mandomike69 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:59 pm

i need some help. I have been playing for about a year, and the highest rank i've been is a corporal, but i always go back down to cadet.
Cook mandomike69

Postby Turbowheel on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:17 pm

colton24 wrote:
Turbowheel wrote:I can be a mentor to someoe. I may not have very high of a rank yet because of number of games played on here, but I definitely know how to play the game expertly. I have also played games very similar to this on other sites and are high up in their rankings.

I am best at non-team games and free style games. I prefer no spoils games but it doesn't affect my performance. I also have created a list of the best tactics and tips to use in games that I have found to work effectively. If you want me to rate myself I would say a 4.5/5.
I consider myself a great tactition and strategist and knowlegible in key areas of gameplay

:lol:A PFC as a mentor?

Yes, you see there's a thing called a rank restriction on the site if you haven't looked. No matter what your score is, you can't advance in rank if you don't have the required number of games finished. Maybe you should try and know the site first.
Rank isn't everything also. You can be a new recruit or even a cook and still beat the best person on this site. Heck, I've even beaten Sergeant First Classes before. I did a team game before where my entire team was about outranked completely yet we won, partially due to my straegies too I must say. So don't think for one second that anyone who's not very high ranking can't be a effective mentor because they can.
Private Turbowheel

Postby SFX! on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:27 am

Turbowheel wrote:
colton24 wrote:
Turbowheel wrote:I can be a mentor to someoe. I may not have very high of a rank yet because of number of games played on here, but I definitely know how to play the game expertly. I have also played games very similar to this on other sites and are high up in their rankings.

I am best at non-team games and free style games. I prefer no spoils games but it doesn't affect my performance. I also have created a list of the best tactics and tips to use in games that I have found to work effectively. If you want me to rate myself I would say a 4.5/5.
I consider myself a great tactition and strategist and knowlegible in key areas of gameplay

Yes, you see there's a thing called a rank restriction on the site if you haven't looked. No matter what your score is, you can't advance in rank if you don't have the required number of games finished. Maybe you should try and know the site first.
Rank isn't everything also. You can be a new recruit or even a cook and still beat the best person on this site. Heck, I've even beaten Sergeant First Classes before. I did a team game before where my entire team was about outranked completely yet we won, partially due to my straegies too I must say. So don't think for one second that anyone who's not very high ranking can't be a effective mentor because they can.

1. Sergeant 1st Class is no rank to boast about being or beating. I'd say when you get some swords you get that bragging right.
2. The majority who are a high rank are much more experienced in tactics, maps etc.
3. To be a Private 1st Class you only need 5 completed games, so your argument about not advancing in rank isn't very valid. I've seen a player who's a Lieutenant with over 2000pts, that's something remarkable.
Private 1st Class SFX!

Postby mandomike69 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:29 am

thank you for the advice, but thats not wat i mean. I've played 178 games and i only won 31 of those. And i've single-handedly beat leutenents before. But when i win one games, i usually lose five others games which makes my wins completely useless. I need help on winning so that my score increases more than it decreases.
Cook mandomike69

Postby SFX! on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 am

mandomike69 wrote:thank you for the advice, but thats not wat i mean. I've played 178 games and i only won 31 of those. And i've single-handedly beat leutenents before. But when i win one games, i usually lose five others games which makes my wins completely useless. I need help on winning so that my score increases more than it decreases.

Find a map with settings you're good at and keep playing it. Obviously you can keep playing other games just for the fun of it too, but i'd recommend you set up at least five of your chosen map and settings every two days.
Private 1st Class SFX!

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:25 am

SFX! wrote:
mandomike69 wrote:thank you for the advice, but thats not wat i mean. I've played 178 games and i only won 31 of those. And i've single-handedly beat leutenents before. But when i win one games, i usually lose five others games which makes my wins completely useless. I need help on winning so that my score increases more than it decreases.

Find a map with settings you're good at and keep playing it. Obviously you can keep playing other games just for the fun of it too, but i'd recommend you set up at least five of your chosen map and settings every two days.

Not a good way to give advice... I suggest you do no do this or you will be one dimensional learn the basics and rise up from there. PM Coming.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Georgerx7di on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 pm

mandomike69 wrote:i need some help. I have been playing for about a year, and the highest rank i've been is a corporal, but i always go back down to cadet.

Send me a pm if you want to learn dubs. Same for any other new guys posting in here. I'll make room for one or two.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Anarchy.x on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:23 am

I would like someone to help broaden my skills. before i came to Conquerclub i have been playing risk for many years, and am quite good at it. would just like a bit of advice along the way here.
High: 1157
Low: 950

Position - score - date - played/won - percentage

12982 - 992 - 20/09/09 - 5/2 - 40%
10622 - 1038 - 21/09/09 - 7/4 - 57%
8448 - 1157 - 24/09/09 - 21/13 - 62%
Private 1st Class Anarchy.x

Postby vodean on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 am

i could also use some advice, aspecially in trips and quads.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby guia09 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 am

i would like some help. i havent been on in a while and would like some stratigies for oth doubles and singles games. also would like to increase rank
Cook guia09

Postby Turbowheel on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:55 pm

SFX! wrote:
Turbowheel wrote:
colton24 wrote:

1. Sergeant 1st Class is no rank to boast about being or beating. I'd say when you get some swords you get that bragging right.
2. The majority who are a high rank are much more experienced in tactics, maps etc.
3. To be a Private 1st Class you only need 5 completed games, so your argument about not advancing in rank isn't very valid. I've seen a player who's a Lieutenant with over 2000pts, that's something remarkable.

1. For someone who's not high ranked to out tatic someone who's supposely more experienced in tatics, maps, etc according to you isn't very good? I'd say it is at least a little.
2. Yeah, and how many games has that lieutenant played? I'll bet you that my number of games done is no where near that persons, so he probaly has alot more wins to, maybe even a better win/loss ratio. Plus, that's one out of how many members on this site??? If you can prove all the higher ranking players are that good(including you) then I won't try to be a mentor ever I promise.
3. As I said before on my original statement, I've played other games like this that are similar to Risk and such alot of times, so I don't NEED to be on this site a long time and be high up in ranking yet to say I know how to play the game good and be a good strategist and tactician.
4. I'm not saying I'm some grand genius like you seem to imply I'm trying to say, but I'm good enough to give advice AT THE LEAST.
Private Turbowheel

Postby vodean on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:28 am

so... will someone mentor me?pls
Sergeant vodean

Postby colton24 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Turbowheel wrote:
SFX! wrote:
Turbowheel wrote:
colton24 wrote:

1. For someone who's not high ranked to out tatic someone who's supposely more experienced in tatics, maps, etc according to you isn't very good? I'd say it is at least a little.
2. Yeah, and how many games has that lieutenant played? I'll bet you that my number of games done is no where near that persons, so he probaly has alot more wins to, maybe even a better win/loss ratio. Plus, that's one out of how many members on this site??? If you can prove all the higher ranking players are that good(including you) then I won't try to be a mentor ever I promise.
3. As I said before on my original statement, I've played other games like this that are similar to Risk and such alot of times, so I don't NEED to be on this site a long time and be high up in ranking yet to say I know how to play the game good and be a good strategist and tactician.
4. I'm not saying I'm some grand genius like you seem to imply I'm trying to say, but I'm good enough to give advice AT THE LEAST.

No you aren't good for a mentor as you can see by this:

Username: Turbowheel
Score: 1042
Games: 11 completed, 4 (36%) won | Find all games with Turbowheel
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Knight2254 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:27 am

You can probably remove me from the Mentoree section.
Brigadier Knight2254

Postby vodean on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:49 am

maybe you should be mentored untill youre conqueror
Sergeant vodean

Postby Knight2254 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:07 am

vodean wrote:maybe you should be mentored untill youre conqueror

I'll never be conqueror because I don't farm
Brigadier Knight2254

Postby wackeebill on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Can anyone recommend a mentor?

Or would I have similar results from just picking a random name from the list? ;)
New Recruit wackeebill

Postby Harrierjumpjet43 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:29 pm

I am a 2, I need help with winning. On the board game, my strategy is pretty good, but I keep losing because I roll 3 or lower for the first half of the game. Then I roll 5s or 6s for the rest, but the other guy rolls either straight sixes, or better than me. Here, I need help with strategies beyond "Hole up in the O zone" which has actually worked quite well in real life, and strategies for more complex maps, specifically Feudal War and US Senate.
Cadet Harrierjumpjet43

Postby ender_w99 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:06 pm

I am a relatively new user (level 3 per the definition) and would really like some help. I started out strong and won 4 of my first 7 games, but it has been downhill since then. Advanced tactics would help, and a better understanding of which games are better to play. It seems like even when I have the advantage in a game I lose on dice rolls - it seems to happen too frequently to be random, but I don't know how that could happen.

Anyway, I think I have a decent strategy approach but would love some tips and pointers.

Thanks,

Ender_w99
Colonel ender_w99

Postby Georgerx7di on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:55 pm

ender_w99 wrote:I am a relatively new user (level 3 per the definition) and would really like some help. I started out strong and won 4 of my first 7 games, but it has been downhill since then. Advanced tactics would help, and a better understanding of which games are better to play. It seems like even when I have the advantage in a game I lose on dice rolls - it seems to happen too frequently to be random, but I don't know how that could happen.

Anyway, I think I have a decent strategy approach but would love some tips and pointers.

Thanks,

Ender_w99

I take on new students from here periodically. I have two right now, but wouldn't mind picking up another. I teach dubs on standard maps. I see you've taken 98% of your turns. If you communicate well and are willing to learn, I will take you as a student. Send me a pm and we'll setup a game.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby vodean on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:40 am

im a level 3 or 4, probably a three.
Sergeant vodean

Postby guia09 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:27 am

im a level 2 looking for some doubs and possibly 1 on 1 help.
Cook guia09

Postby Georgerx7di on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:05 pm

laddida wrote:
Georgerx7di wrote:
Timmy Two Steps wrote:Hello

I would like to be a mentee. I rate myself a 3.

I've played for a few months, mostly in private games with the same group of guys, and now I'm looking to expand into more public arenas. It seems I am out-classed, though.

My preferred games are standard - I keep it simple. Whether spoils are involved or not doesn't seem to faze me, it's my same blunt strategy that dooms me either way. My primary problem is pace and maintaining a lead, though overall improvement is my goal.

Anyone willing to toss a few crumbs my way? Thanks

Everyone's a 3, mentors and mentees. Everyone please stop rating yourself, its getting retard. You can read 5 pages in here and not find anyone who doesn't rate themselves a 3.

Anyway Timmy, if you haven't found anyone yet, shoot me a pm. I'll mentor you.

timmy and i already hooked up hes going on a small break though but we can do some trips when he gets back.

That sounds good, then you can teach me how to play trips too : )
Major Georgerx7di

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion