Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby BoganGod on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:22 pm

I've always found southern gentlemen to have better education and manners than Yankee cattle rapists.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby t-o-m on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:59 am

A slow, sad and unnecessary death. I think the phrase 'innovate or die' is appropriate.
Major t-o-m

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:35 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:10 pm

t-o-m wrote:A slow, sad and unnecessary death. I think the phrase 'innovate or die' is appropriate.

Indeed, I still get flack for suggesting that the mods shouldn't, in the 21st century, ban the word "gay". You'd be surprised how many people consider it something to attack me about, even though the mods agreed.

It's really unnecessary, and it's not as if there isn't a solution or two being proposed.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:21 pm

yeah sym, that'll fix everything... :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:27 pm

riskllama wrote:yeah sym, that'll fix everything... :lol:

I'm not under the impression that it would fix everything, mate, but a site that was more welcoming to members of all genders and sexualities seems like a good step in the right direction.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Symmetry wrote:
t-o-m wrote:A slow, sad and unnecessary death. I think the phrase 'innovate or die' is appropriate.

Indeed, I still get flack for suggesting that the mods shouldn't, in the 21st century, ban the word "gay". You'd be surprised how many people consider it something to attack me about, even though the mods agreed.

It's really unnecessary, and it's not as if there isn't a solution or two being proposed.

I'm pretty sure those rules were clarified (changed?) awhile ago. I've asked where / if you have links to any recent instances were anyone "banned" or was punished for use of the word gay?

So far I haven't seen you answer / point any issues out where this has occurred when I've asked once or twice elsewhere

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:04 pm

IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm pretty sure those rules were clarified (changed?) awhile ago. I've asked where / if you have links to any recent instances were anyone "banned" or was punished for use of the word gay?

So far I haven't seen you answer / point any issues out where this has occurred when I've asked once or twice elsewhere

The rules were changed after I received the ban, and complained about it. I can dig up the relevant threads, if you like, but as far as I know, it's not been erased from my record.

I'd be very happy to hear that it wasn't something I could still be punished for
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Symmetry wrote:The rules were changed after I received the ban, and complained about it. I can dig up the relevant threads, if you like, but as far as I know, it's not been erased from my record.

I'd be very happy to hear that it wasn't something I could still be punished for

No I don't need threads or links, I have enough info provided elsewhere (which is how I knew about the rule / change).

It should no longer be punishable based off the new guidelines I've seen for normal references / usage unless its used in demeaning / bigoted type way.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:16 pm

IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:The rules were changed after I received the ban, and complained about it. I can dig up the relevant threads, if you like, but as far as I know, it's not been erased from my record.

No I don't need threads or links, I have enough info provided elsewhere (which is how I knew about the rule / change).

It should no longer be punishable based off the new guidelines I've seen for normal references / usage unless its used in demeaning / bigoted type way.

I'm glad to hear that, and I think that's a big step for CC. I'd be wary of the demeaning/ bigoted element though. When I received my ban, I was told that using the word "gay" was equal to calling someone the "n-word"

I don't think they're equivocable, and I'm glad that we now have mods who understand the difference.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Symmetry wrote:
IcePack wrote:

I'm glad to hear that, and I think that's a big step for CC. I'd be wary of the demeaning/ bigoted element though. When I received my ban, I was told that using the word "gay" was equal to calling someone the "n-word"

I don't think they're equivocable, and I'm glad that we now have mods who understand the difference.

The "new" rule / clarification has already been in effect for some time (Jan 30th, 2015 to be exact). There shouldn't be more recent issues regarding the word "gay" after/around that date.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:30 pm

IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
IcePack wrote:

The "new" rule / clarification has already been in effect for some time (Jan 30th, 2015 to be exact). There shouldn't be more recent issues regarding the word "gay" after/around that date.

I agree that there shouldn't be. I'm a bit more of a pessimist though, or perhaps a realist. I think it'll be an issue for a long time to come.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:32 pm

It's been a year and a half, I haven't seen any issues since then of people getting punished when they shouldn't

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:52 pm

IcePack wrote:It's been a year and a half, I haven't seen any issues since then of people getting punished when they shouldn't

You're the first mod to openly say that I was wrongly punished by the site. I appreciate that.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Symmetry wrote:
IcePack wrote:It's been a year and a half, I haven't seen any issues since then of people getting punished when they shouldn't

You're the first mod to openly say that I was wrongly punished by the site. I appreciate that.

I don't know the details of your case, I was referencing that I haven't seen anything since the rule change. But if the details fit that description then it does sound like it would fit

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:05 pm

IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I don't know the details of your case, I was referencing that I haven't seen anything since the rule change. But if the details fit that description then it does sound like it would fit

It's a big step, nonetheless, and it would be crass of me not to acknowledge it.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:30 am

can we now get back ON TOPIC?

Is CC Declining?
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby clangfield on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:00 am

jusplay4fun wrote:can we now get back ON TOPIC?

Is CC Declining?

No. Owenshooter isn't here. That's got to be a major plus for the site.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby xroads on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am

Symmetry wrote:

Will you f*ck off with the gay shit in every fucking thread?

Jesus Fucking Christ, go fucking spread the rainbow somewhere else.
Major xroads

Postby BoganGod on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Way to conflate everything with you, and your sad pride in your sexuality. Nothing wrong with same sex attraction. Something sadly warped with anyone hetro, homo, or bi solely defining themselves by what/whom they are attracted to, rather than who they are as a person. You are not solely who you f*ck, unless you are a sad, empty shell of a soulless ghoul.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:42 pm

xroads wrote:Will you f*ck off with the gay shit in every fucking thread?

Jesus Fucking Christ, go fucking spread the rainbow somewhere else.

The whole point of the rainbow flag is that it includes people. It's always going to be there asking for a place.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:42 am

Captain 2007spaceodyssey

Postby Symmetry on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:55 am

2007spaceodyssey wrote:6633

Huh?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:00 am

holy christ, it's a fuckin' stampede... :o
Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion