Conquer Club

Payment for premium !

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Payment for premium !

Postby Boudicia on Sat May 09, 2015 8:45 am

I just noticed on my bank statement that cc have taken another payment out of my account with out me knowing it was happening or any email warning .......i am really annoyed ...how can i stop this underhand stealing ?..........i signed up for i think 3 months and that was going to be that ......but now i have premium for another 3 months or so ...................where was the small print that i missed ?
Colonel Boudicia

Re: Payment for premium !

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 am

Boudicia wrote:I just noticed on my bank statement that cc have taken another payment out of my account with out me knowing it was happening or any email warning .......i am really annoyed ...how can i stop this underhand stealing ?..........i signed up for i think 3 months and that was going to be that ......but now i have premium for another 3 months or so ...................where was the small print that i missed ?

Yeah, they've gone to "subscriptions" which essentially means recurring charges.

If you go to your Accounts page I believe you can cancel it. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong; I've never actually done it myself.) If that doesn't work you could file an e-ticket, but from what I'm told it can be done directly from your Accounts page.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Endgame422 on Sat May 09, 2015 11:08 am

I just unsubscribed myself( i got a bunch of credits with more on the way)
It took all of 5 seconds.
Click unsubscribe it says "sure you want to unsubscribe?"
You click yes and its done.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat May 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Surely there should at least be email confirmation or this is even more underhand than it originally seemed.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DaGip on Sat May 09, 2015 3:30 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Surely there should at least be email confirmation or this is even more underhand than it originally seemed.

BUT I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR YACHTS AND THEIR CHILDREN'S EDUCATION, NOT TO MENTION THE MORNING BRUNCH CAVIAR BAR SERVED WITH DON PERIGNON! (and I'm not even including their private collection of COHIBAs and HABANAs)

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Boudicia on Sat May 09, 2015 11:28 pm

thankyou for the sensible replies ......
Colonel Boudicia

Postby Boudicia on Sun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

omg i cant find my way there ?????? I went to store then Acoount ....but i have no option to cancell subscription Help :)
Colonel Boudicia

Postby nietzsche on Sun May 10, 2015 11:23 am

Boudicia wrote:omg i cant find my way there ?????? I went to store then Acoount ....but i have no option to cancell subscription Help :)

to access the cancel subscription page you must have just completed and won a game on Hive - Trench - No Spoils.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby owenshooter on Sun May 10, 2015 1:25 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Boudicia wrote:omg i cant find my way there ?????? I went to store then Acoount ....but i have no option to cancell subscription Help :)

to access the cancel subscription page you must have just completed and won a game on Hive - Trench - No Spoils.

yet another reason the black jesus will never be premium again...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Evil Semp on Sun May 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Boudicia wrote:I just noticed on my bank statement that cc have taken another payment out of my account with out me knowing it was happening or any email warning .......i am really annoyed ...how can i stop this underhand stealing ?..........i signed up for i think 3 months and that was going to be that ......but now i have premium for another 3 months or so ...................where was the small print that i missed ?

Yeah, they've gone to "subscriptions" which essentially means recurring charges.

If you go to your Accounts page I believe you can cancel it. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong; I've never actually done it myself.) If that doesn't work you could file an e-ticket, but from what I'm told it can be done directly from your Accounts page.

Above in dukasaurs post is a link to the accounts page. It says Accounts page in blue. Click on that and then look at Active Subscriptions. If you have an active subscription there should be a link that says unsubscribe. Click on that and you are done.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ManBungalow on Mon May 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Above in dukasaurs post is a link to the accounts page. It says Accounts page in blue. Click on that and then look at Active Subscriptions. If you have an active subscription there should be a link that says unsubscribe. Click on that and you are done.

Apparently he's already tried that and couldn't find a link. Regardless of whether the option to unsubscribe is hidden away somewhere or not, the truth of the matter is that this is an underhand sales technique to generate more cash by having unwitting members sign up for subscriptions, then hiding the option to unsubscribe, in addition to not reminding the user that their repeat payment is coming up.

To give BW credit, however, the thing in the store is labeled 'subscription', and at one point during the purchase offers a link to this dictionary of information: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... scriptions

I guess it would be nice to receive an email reminder a week before CC takes the money out of your account. But from a CC perspective, that would reduce 'sales', so not a good business strategy (unless you want happy customers).

Bonus question: if I subscribe now (hahaah not going to happen), and next week CC hikes up the price of membership by $10, when it comes to automatic renewal, am I charged the price I initially paid again, or charged the new price? If the latter, CC could surely charge people on subscriptions whatever the f*ck they want? idk, I'm not a lawyer.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Donelladan on Mon May 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Bonus question: if I subscribe now (hahaah not going to happen), and next week CC hikes up the price of membership by $10, when it comes to automatic renewal, am I charged the price I initially paid again, or charged the new price? If the latter, CC could surely charge people on subscriptions whatever the f*ck they want? idk, I'm not a lawyer.

I do not know the law of the country in which CC is registered. But in Europe, if there is a price change, you are allowed to cancel your susbscribition immediately, and you should be informed per letter.
Brigadier Donelladan

Return to Conquer Club Discussion