Conquer Club

Respect the fog?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is it wrong to reveal hidden details about your oppoenent's movments/troops in a fog game?

Total votes : 0

Re: Respect the fog?

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:49 am

zsp wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
IcePack wrote:Is the black Jesus unable to count votes? You need the site to do it for you?

you are right... let's eliminate the option to use polls... i find this hilarious, because you probably use all of the add/ons and more, to play the game... i am one of the few purists, who refuses to use any add/ons or "tools" to cheat... so, coming from someone that uses the site to count his troops, bonuses, opponent troops and bonuses, etc... i find it amusing that you would be so opposed to having a poll at the top of this thread...-Jésus noir

[/quote

So as a purist who refuses to use all the extra nonsense on the site that do the little things for you, shouldn't you be opposed to using the poll?

Are you normally this oblivious to the points you make?

ummmm... as soon as you learn how to quote, i may respond to you.. .as it stands, in the above quote, i said nothing... keep it all straight... i can't be held accountable for the things in your head... and for the record, i hate fog, but do realize there is no rule against what the OP does not like... giving out false info on troops, moves, numbers, can be a huge advantage if done correctly... that being said, what is this count at?!-Jésus noir

p.s.-serioulsy, learn how to quote...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Ltrain on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:08 am

owenshooter is just a message board loser. He can't see the word "vote" without seeing a poll. Just enjoy the debate and ignore him
Major Ltrain

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Ltrain wrote:owenshooter is just a message board loser. He can't see the word "vote" without seeing a poll. Just enjoy the debate and ignore him

yes... you are correct, Ltrain... your "loser" flame was right on the money... you and your 100 and whatever posts have driven the course and direction of this forum for so long, i don't know why i even attempt to post anymore... i am sorry you are still butt hurt over my not wanting to play your little mixed game/owenshooter love fest challenge.. i just forgot to respond... let me know if you still want to roll it or if you are just content hanging out here with the rest of the haters, tossing stones at the black jesus as i laugh merrily at your suppressed homo-erotic feelings towards me... it's ok, i'm just not down with that... however, i understand your desires and respect them... you in turn have to respect that no means no... now, let me now about the games, baby cakes... the black jesus has spoken... and it is still ok to give out info in a fog game, period...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Lord and Master on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Yes.

It seems to me that foghorns believe themselves to be the only ones capable of checking the log and looking at the territory numbers held by each player. That is to say they are too fucking stupid/ arrogant to keep their fat mouths shut.
Lieutenant Lord and Master

Postby clangfield on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Getting this back on track...

I think the answer to the OP is, in some respects, Yes and No.

One can see it as defeating the straightforward purpose of a fog game (ie to hide information from opponents) but, equally, it does open up the opportunity for misdirection.
As things stand, it clearly is not against the rules; yet one could argue it is contrary to the spirit of them.

Personally, I don't like it, any more than I like those who try to tell people how, who and where they should be attacking, or who look to make truces from round 2. I find the misdirection approach unpalatable; but it happens and for me, this is one of the uses for the foe list, simply because I prefer not to play people who choose to play this way. That doesn't mean that I don't think they should have the option, or get punished for playing that way.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby zsp on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:21 pm

owenshooter wrote:ummmm... as soon as you learn how to quote, i may respond to you.. .as it stands, in the above quote, i said nothing... keep it all straight... i can't be held accountable for the things in your head... and for the record, i hate fog, but do realize there is no rule against what the OP does not like... giving out false info on troops, moves, numbers, can be a huge advantage if done correctly... that being said, what is this count at?!-Jésus noir

p.s.-serioulsy, learn how to quote...

I mean...should I ignore the blatant spelling error and focus on the main point orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... resort to continuing dear Owen's childish pissing match and point out something ridiculously unimportant as well to continue to derail this conversation? Nooo, I'd never do something like that. Let's stick to the main conversation. Yeah, let's do that.

But anyway, King of the CC Forums, you made an off-handed, petulant, reach of a comment at some poor attempt to make fun of little ol' IcePack (because you truly couldn't think of anything else to whine about at the time) about using extra features of the site.

Now stay with me here. I'd hate to see you remain confused. I'm sure you'll come around, though! You just must be tired.

Owen attempts to make fun of IcePack for using extra features of site. Owen claims to be a purist with no need for extra features. Owen b*tches at IcePack for not using extra feature ("tools," doth quote the Owen) on site. Owen is not purist. Owen whines too much.

Anyway, where were we? Ah, this fog talk.

There are 2 sides to this debate as I see it:
1) Stick to the spirit of Fog, man! If I can be stealthy the entire game and keep my overall map movements unknown to every player, then I'd be a happy little camper. It's a different game style, let's play it out that way!

2) a) If you see something someone else is doing which, if nothing is done about it, will result in that player obliterating everyone in the map, then you can alert everyone else for help!
b) I'm a slimy snake and I'll deceive everyone to win. I'll convince Player C that Player B is really strong over in Havana so that he can weaken himself and I'll conquer the world!
c) Diplomacy yada yada yada

Game Option > Fog > Chat On/Chat off? to make everyone happy?

^Thoughts?
2008-10-15 03:03:59 - pasberg: Zsp is really good in manipulating you guys doing his work.

22:18:13 ‹dakky21› but i MUST moderate this dead chat
22:18:41 ‹zsp› ^you just gave me a new sig.
Major zsp

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Yes/No/Don't Care.

I've honestly never gotten excited about what people say or don't say in the fog. Often they're lying, and even if they are being 100% honest they still probably don't know everything, so their information is unreliable even when truthful. I take what people say with a grainlarge shaker of salt, and I rarely say much of anything. On the rare occasions when I do say something, it's along the lines of "Red, why the hell are you attacking me when Cyan is steamrolling the board" which is usually not a secret, and anybody who cares to can see from the log.

If it matters, I care even less about the poll/vote controversy than about the fog speak/fog mute controversy. If the OP wants to count votes by hand, let him.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I don't care.

I tend to agree with Dukasaur on this one.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby owenshooter on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:10 pm

JBlombier wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I don't care.

I tend to agree with Dukasaur on this one.

QFT X 3...-JN
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby TheGreys on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:57 pm

No , no , no
We come in peace! https://plus.google.com/communities/118007516813631836793
Lieutenant TheGreys

Postby Ltrain on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:03 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Ltrain wrote:owenshooter is just a message board loser. He can't see the word "vote" without seeing a poll. Just enjoy the debate and ignore him

yes... you are correct, Ltrain... your "loser" flame was right on the money... you and your 100 and whatever posts have driven the course and direction of this forum for so long, i don't know why i even attempt to post anymore... i am sorry you are still butt hurt over my not wanting to play your little mixed game/owenshooter love fest challenge.. i just forgot to respond... let me know if you still want to roll it or if you are just content hanging out here with the rest of the haters, tossing stones at the black jesus as i laugh merrily at your suppressed homo-erotic feelings towards me... it's ok, i'm just not down with that... however, i understand your desires and respect them... you in turn have to respect that no means no... now, let me now about the games, baby cakes... the black jesus has spoken... and it is still ok to give out info in a fog game, period...-Jésus noir

i offered to play you after we clashed in forums just for fun. Look, I was into message boards once, when I was 18-23.... God I hope you are young.

the point I am making is that you tried to DERAIL A DECENT DEBATE WITH YOUR SO CALL MESSAGE BOARD AUTHORITY.
Major Ltrain

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:05 am

Ltrain wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

i offered to play you after we clashed in forums just for fun. Look, I was into message boards once, when I was 18-23.... God I hope you are young.

the point I am making is that you tried to DERAIL A DECENT DEBATE WITH YOUR SO CALL MESSAGE BOARD AUTHORITY.

i merely suggested a poll to keep an accurate count of what is sure to be a huge number and majority of CC weighing in...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby clangfield on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:32 am

It appears at this stage that the Nos have it.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:36 am

clangfield wrote:It appears at this stage that the Nos have it.

yeah, that would be more evident if there were a poll or if the OP were updating the initial post, to reflect the current overwhelming no majority... however, with a total post count of 3, i doubt there will be many updates by the OP... yet, another good reason for a poll at the top of the thread... please, my children, let it be said, the black jesus is always right... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby LamarcusAldridge on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Hey all, if someone wants to tell me how to include a poll, I would be happy to do so. Please feel free to send me a private message, unless your thing is hijacking threads with irrelevant points.

Note - Irrelevant is subjective but, in this case, I am referring to comments that are not directly responding to the question being asked in the initial post.
Captain LamarcusAldridge

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:16 pm

It's in the new post creation options, at the bottom:

Even afterward, if you go back and edit Post 1, the option can still be used after the fact.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:36 am

LamarcusAldridge wrote:Hey all, if someone wants to tell me how to include a poll, I would be happy to do so.

GREAT POLL!!! GREAT OPTIONS!!! WAY TO GO!!! even the black jesus voted...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby shoop76 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:30 am

I haven't read all the chat, but I am totally surprised with the result of the vote. How can such a large majority be ok with this. People use strategy in these fog games and that is often times keeping troops hidden. Why would it be ok to reveal location and troop amounts. Isn't this what no fog games are for. I guess I'm different. I prefer no truces, no intentional timing out in nuclear games, no manipulating other players in chat. But its clear that there are many members here that will take any advantage they can to win games.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby owenshooter on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:35 am

shoop76 wrote: I guess I'm different. I prefer no truces, no intentional timing out in nuclear games, no manipulating other players in chat. But its clear that there are many members here that will take any advantage they can to win games.

that is kind of funny... you do know that the british believed the colonist to be "cheating" by doing these things they had learned from the indians like; hiding behind trees and rocks, shooting from unseen vantage points, ambushing convoys, fighting in towns and not on battlefields, etc.. my dear shoop, not everyone likes to get into lines and march headlong into bullets and cannon fire and grenades, taking turns volleying shots and reloading out in the open as a huge target... the black jesus is giggling...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby shoop76 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:47 am

owenshooter wrote:
shoop76 wrote: I guess I'm different. I prefer no truces, no intentional timing out in nuclear games, no manipulating other players in chat. But its clear that there are many members here that will take any advantage they can to win games.

that is kind of funny... you do know that the british believed the colonist to be "cheating" by doing these things they had learned from the indians like; hiding behind trees and rocks, shooting from unseen vantage points, ambushing convoys, fighting in towns and not on battlefields, etc.. my dear shoop, not everyone likes to get into lines and march headlong into bullets and cannon fire and grenades, taking turns volleying shots and reloading out in the open as a huge target... the black jesus is giggling...-Jésus noir

I could say, then don't play fog games. But, it sounds stupid because what we are talking about is not against the rules. I hate it when I use a strategy based on the the conditions of a game, and then someone tells everyone else about it. Its usually some dickwad that has no intention of attacking himself, but uses a comment like that to get others to the work for him so he can benefit from it. To me there are too many players that play the game out in chat and hope that a few inexperienced or low ranked players take the bait and that's what this fog thing is part of.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion