Conquer Club

Poll: Should screenshots of the map be illegal in Fog games?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Should posting a Screenshot of the map in a Fog game be illegal?

Total votes : 0

Re: Poll: Should screenshots of the map be illegal in Fog ga

Postby waauw on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:44 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
blakebowling, you cannot compare your skills with the skill of the normal CC player.
You are an informatician. Most of us aren't. That you are able to make a perfect screenshot doesn't mean I'll ever be able to it.

Between bot games and scenarios and the collusion of friends, anyone can make a gamestate in a different game and then just snap that.

Not just that. It really is easy actually. I could even do it with Microsoft Paint.
Find another game with "Game Finder" that shows a number that suits you in the same spot. Cut it out and stick it on the snapshot.

or if you do want to use Photoshop or GIMP:
1: cut number out.
2: if piece of map got damaged in the process, cut that piece of map out of the original map design(without numbers) and stick it in for reperations.
3: Then stick the number on top of it.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:00 am

waauw wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
blakebowling, you cannot compare your skills with the skill of the normal CC player.
You are an informatician. Most of us aren't. That you are able to make a perfect screenshot doesn't mean I'll ever be able to it.

Between bot games and scenarios and the collusion of friends, anyone can make a gamestate in a different game and then just snap that.

Not just that. It really is easy actually. I could even do it with Microsoft Paint.
Find another game with "Game Finder" that shows a number that suits you in the same spot. Cut it out and stick it on the snapshot.

or if you do want to use Photoshop or GIMP:
1: cut number out.
2: if piece of map got damaged in the process, cut that piece of map out of the original map design(without numbers) and stick it in for reperations.
3: Then stick the number on top of it.

1) Compare it with two people typing stuff in the chat, is it really as easy ? You can't say that. It take me less than 20 sec to type anything in the chat.
2) I totally understand how to do what you did. I can do it in probably a few mins. There is still people on CC that might never have used Microsoft Paint, that never used the crop function to cut out something out of an image. I dunno but I think we have 60 + years old people on CC. My father is 60 years old, I recently had to explain him how to make a screenshot. Simply making a screenshot wasn't that easy for him. We're not all born with a computer in our hands, and/or we are not all working with a computer.
3) Even if it was possible for everyone to make a fake image. Is posting screenshot in a game chat bringing something to CC ? No one ever replied me on that . I start thinking it's because the answer is no, allowing people to post screenshot in the game chat isn't bringing anything positive to CC. We do not have to allow it. We can forbid it and the game will still be as good, and probably better.

I seriously have no wish ever to spend time making fake images, then host them on the internet, to be able to post a link of a fake image on CC. No interest of that at all.
But I do play foggy games in which the chat is an important tool, I love using the chat, I use it all the time, and allowing people to post screenshot of my stack in a foggy multiplayer game will ruin my experience. and I don't think I am the only one feeling that way. Stop thinking about the theory arguing that yes it's possible and not that difficult to post a fake image. Start thinking to player that enjoy foggy game, and seriously have no wish to make ( and learn how to make ) fake image to be able to keep playing those foggy game.

EDIT :
i would post screenshots, but i have no clue as to how

Just read that on a forum post today, it had nothing to do with this topic, but well, it shows well enough that even the 1st step isn't that easy.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby waauw on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:35 am

Donelladan wrote:1) Compare it with two people typing stuff in the chat, is it really as easy ? You can't say that. It take me less than 20 sec to type anything in the chat.
2) I totally understand how to do what you did. I can do it in probably a few mins. There is still people on CC that might never have used Microsoft Paint, that never used the crop function to cut out something out of an image. I dunno but I think we have 60 + years old people on CC. My father is 60 years old, I recently had to explain him how to make a screenshot. Simply making a screenshot wasn't that easy for him. We're not all born with a computer in our hands, and/or we are not all working with a computer.
3) Even if it was possible for everyone to make a fake image. Is posting screenshot in a game chat bringing something to CC ? No one ever replied me on that . I start thinking it's because the answer is no, allowing people to post screenshot in the game chat isn't bringing anything positive to CC. We do not have to allow it. We can forbid it and the game will still be as good, and probably better.

I seriously have no wish ever to spend time making fake images, then host them on the internet, to be able to post a link of a fake image on CC. No interest of that at all.
But I do play foggy games in which the chat is an important tool, I love using the chat, I use it all the time, and allowing people to post screenshot of my stack in a foggy multiplayer game will ruin my experience. and I don't think I am the only one feeling that way. Stop thinking about the theory arguing that yes it's possible and not that difficult to post a fake image. Start thinking to player that enjoy foggy game, and seriously have no wish to make ( and learn how to make ) fake image to be able to keep playing those foggy game.

Well personally I wouldn't ever post a screenshot either; it would get me too many bad ratings, but I wouldn't really care if anyone did. For me it's a matter of principle: 'all is fair in love and Risk'. I just think of it as just another diplomatic means.

ps: I don't really care all THAT much for this issue, since it isn't a wide spread issue anyway. Whatever the decision, the impact will be minimal anyway.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:03 am

waauw wrote:ps: I don't really care all THAT much for this issue, since it isn't a wide spread issue anyway. Whatever the decision, the impact will be minimal anyway.

I'd love to agree to that. The problem is, I think this isn't a widespread issue because most people assumed it would be forbidden up to now.

In the 2nd C&A case, the accused of posting a screenshot clearly stated that he did it because he knew it was allowed after the 1st C&A case that allowed it.
Now all players of the 2nd C&A case also know it's allowed to do it. And nothing will prevent accused of the 2nd C&A case to keep doing it, making it more common.
We have the possiblity to prevent this from being common right now, let's just say, from now on it's forbidden, those guy won't do it, and it will remain an extremely rare event.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:47 pm

How do you post a screenshot in game?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby BrutalBob on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:23 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:How do you post a screenshot in game?

Two ways-

1. You could take the screenshot, optionally modify it in a image editing program, then paste it to a pic hosting site like imgur.com and paste the link in in-game chat

2. You could take a snapshot, optionally modify the data, and then post your own snapshot in chat so all can see it.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:49 pm

BrutalBob wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I don't see why screenshots is any different than chat. Both can be faked

But not by everyone, therefore unfair advantage to some

this is the same as saying "some people lie better than others so the better liars have an advantage"

part of strategy is ability to gain favor using any means necessary.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BrutalBob on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:05 am

Army of GOD wrote:
BrutalBob wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I don't see why screenshots is any different than chat. Both can be faked

But not by everyone, therefore unfair advantage to some

this is the same as saying "some people lie better than others so the better liars have an advantage"

part of strategy is ability to gain favor using any means necessary.

like secret diplomacy?

From one PC to another you cannot see me avoid eye contact and doing my hail marys after I tell a lie
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion