Conquer Club

Is it ranching or farming if

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is it ranching or farming if

Postby xroads on Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Is it ranching or farming if a very experienced high ranking player joins games of newbie low ranked players knowing it will be an easy win?
Major xroads

Re: Is it ranching or farming if

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:44 pm

I don’t know what case / scenario or player you’re thinking.

Generally farming is tied to new recruits exclusively, so I suppose it could farming if all those games are NR’s

Otherwise potentially could fall under ranching more than likely or gross abuse of the game depending on the scope / scale.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:02 pm

We were all low ranked once. If someone high ranked joined my games back in the day, I was fckin jazzed man. people need to quit being weak.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby xroads on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:06 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:We were all low ranked once. If someone high ranked joined my games back in the day, I was fckin jazzed man. people need to quit being weak.

So someone with a score of over 4000 can join players with scores under 1200, and it is perfectly fine?

Just curious if this is fair play or not.
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:30 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:We were all low ranked once. If someone high ranked joined my games back in the day, I was fckin jazzed man. people need to quit being weak.

I was the same way used to be a thrill getting to play vs / get to know the greats on-site

xroads wrote:

So someone with a score of over 4000 can join players with scores under 1200, and it is perfectly fine?

Just curious if this is fair play or not.

In a general sense, absolutely a 4000 pt player can play vs 1200 pt player. It’s quantity, experience, targeting or other things that raise to the level of potentially ranching / gross abuse. But there’s nothing inherently wrong w 4000vs1200 in any one game

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby bigtoughralf on Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:01 pm

IcePack wrote:Generally farming is tied to new recruits exclusively, so I suppose it could farming if all those games are NR’s

Doesn't the site stop you getting points from games with new recruits though?

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:11 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
IcePack wrote:Generally farming is tied to new recruits exclusively, so I suppose it could farming if all those games are NR’s

Doesn't the site stop you getting points from games with new recruits though?

I know there are restrictions on NR, and those that play them. They get tweaked every now and then so IDK current status of ability to play games vs them. AFAIK there are still possible games / set ups that allow NR vs the Public that are scored though they do have unscored and other things going on as well. Been awhile since I was in beta team and tested this kind of thing

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby alex951 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:15 pm

I used to make simple 4 player games that would be filled with nothing but deadbeat NR. Then I would blow the rank on 8 player speed freestyle doodle world terminator game
Corporal alex951

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:28 pm

alex951 wrote:I used to make simple 4 player games that would be filled with nothing but deadbeat NR. Then I would blow the rank on 8 player speed freestyle doodle world terminator game

when tf did u come back

IcePack wrote:In a general sense, absolutely a 4000 pt player can play vs 1200 pt player. It’s quantity, experience, targeting or other things that raise to the level of potentially ranching / gross abuse. But there’s nothing inherently wrong w 4000vs1200 in any one game

this doesnt sound correct at all

if a brig+ for example was playing a very high % of their games against sergeants or lower u dont think that would come under at least ranching?

u were also stupid once (or twice)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:34 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
alex951 wrote:
IcePack wrote:In a general sense, absolutely a 4000 pt player can play vs 1200 pt player. It’s quantity, experience, targeting or other things that raise to the level of potentially ranching / gross abuse. But there’s nothing inherently wrong w 4000vs1200 in any one game

this doesnt sound correct at all

if a brig+ for example was playing a very high % of their games against sergeants or lower u dont think that would come under at least ranching?

“A very high %” would fall under quantity of games that would flag review. Again, there’s nothing wrong w that scenario in a general / reasonable on occasion type sense.

Only when you factor in inviting, quantity, and other outside factors would that start raising eyebrows.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:38 pm

yeah ok. i just felt like it was pretty heavily implied by xroads that it was a recurring thing not a one off
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:42 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:yeah ok. i just felt like it was pretty heavily implied by xroads that it was a recurring thing not a one off

He refers to “games” but not really how much / high percent. Which is why I said it could fall under that umbrella depending on scope of the occurrence.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:26 pm

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:yeah ok. i just felt like it was pretty heavily implied by xroads that it was a recurring thing not a one off

He refers to “games” but not really how much / high percent. Which is why I said it could fall under that umbrella depending on scope of the occurrence.

fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr enough
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:43 pm

if you're at 4000+ points and a "high %" of your games are you joining games of really low ranked players - i think you might deserve to stay wherever you are. you'd have to win like 7/8 1 v 1 type games or something in order to maintain rank and presumably you're playing all kinds of maps and settings if you're just joining everyone else's. i dunno. imo that is very different than making a bunch of AYBABTU or Antarctica games and inviting random unsuspecting shitbags to them. there are so many factors - medals, shrinking player pool thus fewer similar ranked players the higher you go being two.

that and if said low ranked player has 20,000 games played - i think it's reasonable to assume that player has at least some idea. joining all games of low ranked players with 20 games played might be more out there.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:54 pm

if someone has 20k games played and 2 stripes i think that's more farming than if they have 20 games played. it is proven one has no brain. the other remains to be seen.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby josko.ri on Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:22 am

Clearly, xroads is targeting me with his comments, but he is doing it in biased way because he doesnt mention that the player of 4000 points joins games of the player of 1200 points at Team 2, on map and settings chosen by the player of 1200 points.

Lets compare these two examples...

1. player of 4000 points creates games on very hard maps such as das schloss, hive, kings court 2 etc, and invites the player of 1200 point who never or very rarely played these maps.

2. player of 4000 points joins Classic, Flat Rate, Chained, Sunny game as Team 2, which was created as a public game by the player of 1200 points, and does not repeat joining games vs the same player for more than 1-2 times in total (only joins 1 or 2 games to beat him for purpose of scoring an unique win for medal hunting).

I guess that everyone commenting in this thread was misleadingly referring to example (1).
However, what I was doing recently is example (2), which is definitely far away from farming or ranching because map and settings were chosen by the player of 1200 points, who might be lower skilled but at least he plays on a map/settings that he understands very well.
In example (2), the player of 4000 points would win 6 points if he wins but would lose 67 points from that game if he losses.
Therefore, to overcome point loss from a single game, he would need to win more than 11 other games vs similarly ranked opponents.
If anyone thinks that player who practices example (2) would still remain to be at 4000 points for an extended period of time, then I suggest try it by yourself, there are so many Classic maps opened and waiting to be filled by low ranked players so if it is so easy to climb over 4000 points by joining these games then xroads is very much welcome to prove by his example that this is doable. :lol:
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:27 am

You aint even doing anything wrong and you still say stupid things in your defence lmao

Like making the assumption that people only setup games on maps/settings they understand very well

Theyre a corporal they dont understand anything “very well”

Just stick to the facts its a lot more tolerable. Especially if you aint doing anything wrong
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Conquer Club Discussion