Conquer Club

Discrimination against ranks

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Discrimination against ranks

Postby LightInDarkness on Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:41 pm

How much do you think players discriminate against each other because of their higher or lower rank?

If a high ranking player faces a number of equal opponents as well as one lower ranking opponet, is he more likely to pick on the lower ranked player?

Likewise, do lower ranked prayers like to go out of their way to cut another player down to size if they are ranked higher?

Can any of us honestly say that we do not look at rank but play fairly with everyone?

And what about those of us who have a silver ensigma instead of a gold? Do those without membership bitterly attack those with it? Do those with memberzhip look down on those without it and who only play four games?

Maybe there is no way of ever really knowing but sometimes i wonder how much this types of discrimination changes the course of events in games.
Captain LightInDarkness

Re: Discrimination against ranks

Postby Donelladan on Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:52 am

I've never see anyone making a difference between a premium and a freemium ( silver insigna player).

I don't think high rank player usually target low rank player. But in general, as a higher ranked myself, I feel we're more likely to trust a high player to keep a border safe.
When I'm near a low rank, I either quickly ask for a truce or destroy him asap if I feel I'm able to. When I'm close to a high rank player, I just keep a few troops on the border and trust he's likely to pick easy target rather than fight me.
On some maps, I'm more likely to try to eliminate high rank player first because I think I'll be able to handle the lower ranks anyway after that. Especially if I'm playing a freestyle escalating game for example, if I can pick I'll always get the good freestyler out first.

What I've seen some high rank do, is when the game is close to a round limit, if a low rank is going to win the game, sometimes they suicide on him to lose less points. I think it's a very shitty behavior.

I more often see low rank target high rank player for no reason. But well that's maybe a biased observation because I'm on the receiving end of this behavior.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby 2dimes on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:27 am

I have allways found myself defending from multiple higher rank players when in games with them. It sucks but I can't blame them. If I win they lose more points so...
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:32 pm

LightInDarkness wrote:How much do you think players discriminate against each other because of their higher or lower rank?

If a high ranking player faces a number of equal opponents as well as one lower ranking opponet, is he more likely to pick on the lower ranked player?

Likewise, do lower ranked prayers like to go out of their way to cut another player down to size if they are ranked higher?

Can any of us honestly say that we do not look at rank but play fairly with everyone?

And what about those of us who have a silver ensigma instead of a gold? Do those without membership bitterly attack those with it? Do those with memberzhip look down on those without it and who only play four games?

Maybe there is no way of ever really knowing but sometimes i wonder how much this types of discrimination changes the course of events in games.

Yes, I definitely think that some people play like that, but not everyone. It is annoying when you come across them. Years ago, when I first reached Major rank, I noticed it more. People didn't just do it in Terminator games, they did it in standard escalating as well. They would target me if I was the highest ranked player. I complained about it, so someone asked me if I wanted to be added to a list for 2000+ private games. It was awesome because no one in those private games did that. They were all there for the same reason. People on the list would create the games, then send the links and passwords via PM to the entire list so people could join if they wanted.

I rarely see anyone discriminating based on freemie/preemie status. Maybe one or two people who used to think that preemies get better dice and crying about it on the forums. Nonsense of course, the dice hate everyone equally. :lol:

I wonder if a PM list is still going. I don't play standard escalating anymore. But digging the idea back up in case anyone wanted to do that again. They started with a thread in the callouts forum to get their list of interested players of course.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HLLYHWH on Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Yes lower ranks do suicide higher ranks. I vote for a new game type called fog of player. You don't know who the players are until the game is over.
Brigadier HLLYHWH

Postby Davie.K on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:56 pm

HLLYHWH wrote:Yes lower ranks do suicide higher ranks. I vote for a new game type called fog of player. You don't know who the players are until the game is over.

That's actually a very good idea,not sure exactly how it would work or you'd go about setting it up....but the seed is there for one more cleverer than I to fertilise it. :ugeek:
Sergeant 1st Class Davie.K

Return to Conquer Club Discussion